Thread: Titans Mascot

Default Titans Mascot

Does anyone have any news on the Titans official mascot.

If there is a costume made up, I will put my hand up to wear it. Id love to be the guy in the mascot suit.

Its my life long dream to be allowed to act like a nutter in public. The best part is no-one knows who it is.

Give the job to me, Please, :rotflmao:

The Mascot's name is Blade Dee and you can find info on him here...

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=5941

Check out the date of the original post.

A LITTLE SPOOKY!!!

WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT

It really is Dee, amazing how things turn out! But you are the best man for the job, you give him a real personality and it's always good to know that your mascot has their heart in it. Looking forward to tomorrow night!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Surely next year for the heritage round you can get the Titans to pull out the Captain Charger suit from storage and wear that

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Surely next year for the heritage round you can get the Titans to pull out the Captain Charger suit from storage and wear that
    Seriously.......that would be one of the best things ever.

We have spent the last few seasons establishing our identity, but maybe next year we can mix it up a little. He is still regarded as the best mascot ever to grace rugby league!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Seriously.......that would be one of the best things ever.

We have spent the last few seasons establishing our identity, but maybe next year we can mix it up a little. He is still regarded as the best mascot ever to grace rugby league!
    I guess I could talk to Galey and see if he knows where the suit is. That would be histerical.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It really is Dee, amazing how things turn out! But you are the best man for the job, you give him a real personality and it's always good to know that your mascot has their heart in it. Looking forward to tomorrow night!
    What can I say... Im the mascot who just keeps giving.

The Sunday Roast would probably dedicate a whole episode to the reappearance of the Captain. It would be the talking point of the week for all of Rugby League!

Oh also, I was a bit worried when I couldn't see Blade for the first 20 minutes last night. All I saw was the smaller mascot. Then I saw you doing the laps, and all was good. The only downside to that job would be that it seems like you wouldn't get to see much of the game with the constant high fives and shake and bakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    The Sunday Roast would probably dedicate a whole episode to the reappearance of the Captain. It would be the talking point of the week for all of Rugby League!

Oh also, I was a bit worried when I couldn't see Blade for the first 20 minutes last night. All I saw was the smaller mascot. Then I saw you doing the laps, and all was good. The only downside to that job would be that it seems like you wouldn't get to see much of the game with the constant high fives and shake and bakes?
    I only come out in the second half. Im resting in Aisle 31 with my wife during the first half cos I do a 1 hour pre game stint out at the Sea FM and Mercch stands.
    I don't get to turn around and watch the game but where I can Im watching the big screen and listening for crowd cues when something exciting happens. Then I will turn and watch.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    I only come out in the second half. Im resting in Aisle 31 with my wife during the first half cos I do a 1 hour pre game stint out at the Sea FM and Mercch stands.
    I don't get to turn around and watch the game but where I can Im watching the big screen and listening for crowd cues when something exciting happens. Then I will turn and watch.
    U do the best job dude wen the 2nd half starts the 1st thing i look for is the big blue the team would be lost if sum1 else did the job well aprt from me.......

I was really happy to read an article about our mascot, Blade aka Dennis. After all these years he is still going strong.

We are really lucky to have someone who has put in so many hours and days and effort. I believe it is quite a sacrifice to do this instead of being a fan in the stands. Before he jumped to the other side of the fence I remember enjoying many trial games and early NRL matches with him at Carrara.

He knows many of the mascots of other clubs and has formed quite a brotherhood. I think he should author a book about Rugby League mascots and I'll keep pestering him about it.

Blade sharp as ever in 200th Titans appearance
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ns-appearance/

Front and centre at Cbus Super Stadium every home game, an incredible milestone was reached in Round 24 for a special member of the Gold Coast Titans.

Blade - the club's mighty mascot - ran out for his 200th game against the Knights, an achievement that was quite the honour for the man underneath the suit, Dennis Mulheron.

Debuting in Round 16, 2007 - ironically also against Newcastle - he had high hopes of bringing Blade to life every home game when former Titans CEO Michael Searle gave him the job, but not for the 16 seasons he has done so.

"When I first starting doing it, I was enjoying it that much that I said to Searley he would have to take me out of the suit in a body bag if he wanted to get me out of this," Mulherin joked.

"I kind of envisaged I might do it for a while, but did I see the longevity of it over 16 seasons... I had no idea."

An integral member of the Titans Legion, nowadays it's more about posing for selfies than giving high fives; as well as leading the Gold Coast out to battle, revving up the home crowd and cheekily antagonised the away supporter bays, but the main goal remains the same... making those at Cbus Super Stadium have fun.

"My favourite part has to be interacting with the fans and making people smile," Mulheron said.

"You don't know what sort of a day these people have had leading up to coming to the ground, but if you can walk away at the end of the day helping put a smile on thousands of people every game, that's pretty rewarding.

"That's the best thing for me being Blade, just make complete strangers laugh and smile."

Whilst it was hard to choose a favourite moment as Blade, a game day Mulheron cherishes most is the weekend he was able to lead the team out with his young son Cooper.

"I remember one Super Hero Round, my son came along and dressed up as Batman. I think he was only three-years-old at the time and he got to run out with me before the game," he reminisced.

"So to be able to run the boys out and my son ran out with me on the field, that was probably one of my most memorable games."

After 16 seasons and over 200 games, the motivation has remained the same for the integral Titans mainstay, loving every moment of his time as the club's favourite character.

"It's really addictive just making absolute strangers have a great time while cheering on the Titans," Mulheron said.

"Even the way crowds... if I can win over an away crowd, then I feel I've done a decent job because I like to have a lot of fun with the away crowd.

"The motivation is for me is just to keep being to able to make people smile."

Dee with family.