Unhappy Roosters Hold Crisis Talks After Drunken Incident

ROOSTERS HOLD CRISIS TALKS AFTER DRUNKEN INCIDENT
    Wednesday 27 Dec 2006 00:00
    by Matthew O'Neill

Sydney Roosters have held crisis talks after a drunken player misbehaved at a sponsor's function.

One of the Roosters players is alleged to have thrown a glass, which hit a guest at an awards night.

Roosters sleeve sponsor Mortgage House reportedly threatened to cancel a $400,000 a year deal with the Roosters.

The good new is that Mortgage House will honour the final two years of their deal.

Roosters Chief Executive Brian Canavan admitted there were 'some issues' with some players, but says after talks everything is 'now sweet'.

The Roosters had a nightmare 2006 season after many experts predicted them to be in the top four. They have been flying under the radar in the current off-season until this incident with new coach Chris Anderson at the helm. Both Braith Anasta and Craig Wing who had even more dramatic falls in 2006 are believed to be amongst the Roosters best performers during the summer training months.

This incident whilst not pretty has been handled quickly by the Roosters.
    This is not a good image for RL, or for the Roosters on their 100th Anniversary... as much as I dislike the team from the East of Sydney.... you don't want to see this happen... and especially not when it threatens the sponsorship from a company that has given so much to the league in Mortgage House.

The Roosters better keep their noses in line from now on... otherwise I know Opes will crack on them like there is no tomorrow, he don't stand for this sort of nonsense.

One of the Roosters players is alleged to have thrown a glass, which hit a guest at an awards night.
    Guess they'll have to go back to buying their lattes in take away cardboard mugs so this doesn't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan First Grade Regular

Hope it wasnt Nate Myles...
    [

Titan One Clubman

In a team of Roosters there is bound to be 1 or 2 c*cks...

I'll leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    In a team of Roosters there is bound to be 1 or 2 c*cks...

I'll leave now.
    What would you expect from the Rorters, if a player under my control did that he would have his contract torn up and not only that i would have him charged with assault, i am sick and tired of this alcoholic behaviour, again i have stated often enough, if i was in control i would introduce prohabition, you break it you are out period.cya. :bored:

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Again another example of league players being treated like an endangered species...Do they never learn? :spit:

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Again another example of league players being treated like an endangered species...Do they never learn? :spit:
    Obviously not.cya. :bored:

Titan Club Captain

Wonder who the player was...

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Wonder who the player was...
    Good question.cya. :hi:

Titan Club Captain

My vote is Nate Myles.

I hope not, he has a great future ahead of him - in the NRL, in SOO, and maybe even in Test matches.
    [

How can they have 'issues' as serious as this..then all be 'sweet'? :whatd: This sort of damage control, sounds ridiculous. How can someone throw a glass at a guest..and all be 'sweet'.? Brian Canavan needs to get real. :noidea:
    Get these players out of League. They don't deserve to be there.
    Geez if any of us were at a work function..and threw a glass, at a guest, as this player did...Our employment would be immediately terminated..no second, third or fourth chance.
    Last edited by ~Wild Child~; 02-01-07 at 01:39 PM.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    I hope not, he has a great future ahead of him - in the NRL, in SOO, and maybe even in Test matches.
    Correction..he DID have a great future ahead of him. If he had stayed with us, he still would have, but now hes gone to the Roosters he can kiss his career goodbye. :hi: