Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Christabella
    They were at a friends bucks party apparently.

Michael Crocker was involved in a brawl at the start of 2005, he was taken to the police station and charged with affray for his part in the altercation.

...oh ok that doesnt make him a monster off field..ive actually heard alot of good stuff regarding him.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

THey were provoked though, they had every right to confront the people I know I would like to know why people have to be god damn rude.
    BUt they are in the public eye, best thing probably would have been to walk away.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    ...oh ok that doesnt make him a monster off field..ive actually heard alot of good stuff regarding him.
    My experience of him wasn't good but thats beside the point, which is this particular altercation makes Corey Hughes a monster?
    Stupid to react, yes, but basically there is no difference between the cases yet we barely heard anything about the Crocker incident I'll be betting it will be splashed over the back page of the Tele tomorrow.

I know what your response will be and I don't want to argue ... so let's just kick the Dogs out and be done with it.

Titan CEO

My experience of him wasn't good but thats beside the point, which is this particular altercation makes Corey Hughes a monster?
    Stupid to react, yes, but basically there is no difference between the cases yet we barely heard anything about the Crocker incident I'll be betting it will be splashed over the back page of the Tele tomorrow.

I know what your response will be and I don't want to argue ... so let's just kick the Dogs out and be done with it.
    i wont argue...because there are alot of bulldog supporters that have had big troubles with hughes in the past reading a 5 page thread on the kennel proves this.

but that wasnt the point of post..i wasnt calling hughes a monster...i was replying to ridgey who said the storm better keep crocker under a close eye....he was making out as if he had been in a million fights...but infact he was in 1 fight, so alls im saying is that doesnt make crocker a monster so he wont need to be watched.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    i wont argue...because there are alot of bulldog supporters that have had big troubles with hughes in the past reading a 5 page thread on the kennel proves this.
    That doesn't seem like you ... in the past you have taken delight at laying the boot in.

And I don't really think that thread proves much (besides what we already knew about journos having no idea). Corey has not recieved any attention for this kind of thing before the only problem people there have with him is that they believe he is useless and, given we have signed a future NZ hooker, expendable.

Titan CEO

That doesn't seem like you ... in the past you have taken delight at laying the boot in.

And I don't really think that thread proves much (besides what we already knew about journos having no idea). Corey has not recieved any attention for this kind of thing before the only problem people there have with him is that they believe he is useless and, given we have signed a future NZ hooker, expendable.
    you know how i feel about the dogs. i said what i wanted to say on the matter....no need to keep repeating it

i havent had a problem with hughes or crocker personally...ive rarely had any problems with any players.

Grown adult men whether it be professional sportsmen, blue or white collar workers should be able to be man enough to walk away from the cave-man wanting to only start trouble. End of story.

Have I been able to do as above ALL of the time? No. But I never said I was perfect

Professional rugby league players are different to you and I today, not only are they a huge pay packet playing a sport they love, they actually receive in-house training from their employers on how to deal with the cave-man wanting to make a name for him or herself. They are given likely scenarios, they are told what type of situation to avoid, they are asked to remember that there is a certain element of 'fan' that will want to use them as a central figure in story they will be able to tell their grandkids.

Corey Hughes just so happened to forget the above and reacted. He took the bait, cops a fine and looks no better than the cave-man on the sideline sitting pretty with his $10,000 in his pocket.

The game of rugby league is in the news for the wrong reasons again.

"Live and learn" Corey.

DeeGan

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

In the US, a basketball player copped a fine like this. Reporters said it must have been a blow to him. He said he'd write it off his income tax. And he did.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan CEO

Bulldog to appeal fine

BULLDOGS hooker Corey Hughes will appeal against a $10,000 fine imposed by his NRL club after his manager claimed it had "breached its own code of conduct".

And Rugby League Professionals Association president Tony Butterfield said the club denied Hughes natural justice by "naming and shaming" Hughes hastily to limit negative publicity.

The 27-year-old was yesterday fined for his part in a brawl outside Kembla Grange Racecourse on Saturday that was sparked by taunts about the Coffs Harbour rape allegations surrounding the club in 2003.

Hughes, who was at the races with his brother Glen and a group of friends, was never linked to the Coffs Harbour scandal.

Graeme Hughes, the uncle and manager of Corey, said he would appeal the fine after receiving legal advice.

"Corey was never supplied with any of the evidence against him and he was never allowed any opportunity to defend the evidence," Hughes said today of the circumstances surrounding the brawl.

"They will receive a written appeal that will list five or six claims from Corey about the failure of the process and the severity of the fine.

"We have extremely strong (legal) advice and can only hope the Bulldogs see sense in it. We will follow this under their code of conduct because they haven't.

"Not going through proper process is what gets everybody into trouble.

Advertisement:
    "We believe that they have breached their own code of conduct. That is our advice and we will seek to have that clarified."

The Bulldogs today confirmed CEO Malcolm Noad and coach Steve Folkes did not speak personally to Corey Hughes prior to the announcement of the penalty.

Under the Bulldogs' code of conduct, Hughes has the right to appeal within 48 hours of the imposition of sanctions, although the club is still drafting a written breach notice. The CEO also has the option of reconvening the disciplinary sub-committee should new evidence be presented.

Butterfield said the Bulldogs may have acted prematurely in naming and fining Hughes, warning "swift justice is not always fair justice".

"It's an emerging trend in the game that the PR types around the clubs try to name and shame as quickly as possible to kill the story and limit any negative publicity," he said.

"Where is the presumption of innocence?

"I can understand the pressure the club is under to protect its brand image, but due process needs to apply.

"There is also the issue of the excessive extent of the fine."

The imposition of excessive fines was likely to "create a wedge" between players and clubs, Butterfield warned.

"Their first option is to appeal it through the club's internally," Butterfield said.

"If he doesn't get satisfaction there he can there pursue the matter through the RLPA to appeal it to the NRL's appeals committee.

"Option three is his common law rights to pursue the matter of the legality of fining in the workplace."

Graeme Hughes said the greater issue behind Saturday's incident was the Coffs Harbour affair, claiming the players' reputations would be tarnished until the club officially absolved them of any wrongdoing.

"People need to open their eyes that this current playing squad is living with something that happened 20 months ago," he said.

"There are many instances that our family has had to confront over the last 20 months that continually take great stress on us as a clan.

"I can absolutely vouch for Corey and Glen Hughes not being involved in Coffs Harbour."

foxsports.com.au

bulldogs what can you say i say as souths are 'the pride of the league' the dogs are 'the scum of the league' they just prove them selves time after time when will they get it right

The bulldogs should have a zero tolerance policy placed into all their players contracts. After coffs harbour and their cover up they should have learnt a few lessons. Hopefully it will finally sink into them that they have an image problem.