Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Bulldogs involved in brawl

JUst then on skynews they said that atleast 1 bulldog player has been involved in a brawl near wollongong after going to the races....they were heckled by bystanders and they got into a fight....there is no futher information at this time.

Titan CEO

this was just posted on the bulldogs site:

After an extensive investigation, Bulldogs player Corey Hughes has been fined $10,000 by the Club for his part in an altercation outside Kembla Grange Racecourse on Saturday October 22, 2005.

Corey Hughes was leaving the racecourse with his brother Glen when they were harassed and verbally abused by individuals believed to be on a Bucks day.

Corey and Glen confronted the individuals and a fight broke out.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, ?Corey was provoked and verbally abused and responded in a way that the Club will not tolerate.?

bulldogs.com.au

Junior Titan

Default efr

if this was any other club this wouldnt be a big thing
    [IMG]

Whilst I never can condone violence I feel for some of these players having seen first hand the abuse some morons in our comunity level on them just because they either play footy or play for the dogs. Peeple seem to think that they can prove how tough they are by abusing and trying to get inot a fight with footy players.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyphil
    if this was any other club this wouldnt be a big thing
    exactly, every club doesnt drag this game through sh*t every single year.

I think its funny how you dogs fans make excuses and try to make out that you are being unfairly treated and all that....awww boo hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk

I think its funny how you dogs fans make excuses and try to make out that you are being unfairly treated and all that....awww boo hoo.
    you've just signed chris walker and michael crocker so i'd bite ya tounge super.wait til they hit the streets of melbourne :eek:

On the lighter side, why were 2 Bulldogs players in Dragon territory?

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    you've just signed chris walker and michael crocker so i'd bite ya tounge super.wait til they hit the streets of melbourne :eek:
    crocker isnt known for his off field stuff is he? i dont think he has eve been trouble off field? :confused: but i dunno.

walker yes...but he is an idiot and i wont be making excuses like dogs fans do. If stom players step out of line or anything i wont be happy and wont make excuses and say things like "the media are just making it up" and "if this was any other club this wouldnt be a big thing".

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    horse races

I aint no Dogs fans but I have seen the abuse some players get by drunk isiots who think they are tough by trying to bait footballers.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    I aint no Dogs fans but I have seen the abuse some players get by drunk isiots who think they are tough by trying to bait footballers.
    no your right. And i know that fans can be real a**holes. But this is one job that if you cannot take abuse then maybe its best to try your hand at another career. Every player cops it at games and off field....its part of the game unfortunately. But unless the fans were being physical with them then i dont see the reasoning in getting in a fight...just yell abuse back give them the finger and move on.

Very true but some of the abuse has been absolutely horrible and I why should a player put up with vitriolic abuse. They do have to be able to put up with the general idiotic remark but not obscene abuse when they are with family or friends.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Very true but some of the abuse has been absolutely horrible and I why should a player put up with vitriolic abuse. They do have to be able to put up with the general idiotic remark but not obscene abuse when they are with family or friends.
    Yeah i know...it is horrible and noone should have to put up with it. But the players need to be the mature ones, i know its hard for a guy to walk away from a fight...esp players needing to prove how tough they are but its only going to put the club and the game through more crap. if you take it on the chin and go home and cry then no harm is done and those low life abuses will get whats coming to them in the future,

I totally agree but its hard to walk away when someone is in your face calling your wife a dirty s#$t and other such crap at the top of his voice. They need to be more smart, unfortunately it is part of the territory!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    They were at a friends bucks party apparently.

crocker isnt known for his off field stuff is he? i dont think he has eve been trouble off field? :confused: but i dunno.
    Michael Crocker was involved in a brawl at the start of 2005, he was taken to the police station and charged with affray for his part in the altercation.