Default Titans: Counting Down to Kick off

Titans Counting Down to Kick off
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 - 2:05 PM

While the start of the 2007 season can?t come quick enough for the players and fans of every NRL club, the excitement on the Gold Coast is building to fever pitch as the Titans prepare to enter the big time.

The club is back from the Christmas break and boosted with star players Preston Campbell and Englishman Richie Mathers returning from injury to train with the full squad this week.

Hundreds of Gold Coast fans braved the inclement weather to watch their heroes train and take part in a fan day at Pizzey Park, Miami and give the team a boost ahead of their March 18 NRL debut.

Co-captain Scott Prince was swamped by fans in search of autographs, pictures and even just a chat and says the players really feel a part of the Coast.

?The hype?s been building and it?s only going to get bigger as the season gets closer. Everyone seems to be counting down the day and we can?t wait.?

While the season kick off is on the horizon Prince believes the players must knuckle down and do the hard work now because Round 1 will be here before they know it.

?It?s a good feeling but in saying that we still have a lot more work to do and have a lot more improvement so it?s probably good the season?s still a little while away.?

The fan day was a huge hit with the fans and Prince says the players got a real kick from the event too.

?That?s the whole thing about it; these fans days are a great day for the Community and really let us know we?re part of that Community.?

The Titans will be nomads in 2007 playing at Carrara, and some big games at Suncorp Stadium, before moving to their state of the art Skilled Stadium in 2008.

Prince says there?s a real sense of anticipation about the long term home for the Titans.

?I live near the stadium and drive past it every day so I?m keeping a close eye on its progress. Each week it?s slowly taking shape and it?s going to be an exciting stadium and a great venue.

?I just can?t wait for it to be completed; I?ve started to dream about winning games there already!?

Source: NRL

I can't believe we are under the 100 day mark ... I have been counting down since ... well ... I can't remember

How many days since we were last in the competition!??!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    How many days since we were last in the competition!??!?!?
    Well the last game they played was on 22nd August 1998 at Carrara, against Cronulla, for the record the Sharkies won 20-18. Perhaps a more numbers minded person could figure out the days for you..
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan First Grade Regular

I just hope tha team, and you fans don't expect big things early.
    near the 8 will be a solid first year, but don't expect the Titans to be a serious threat to the premiership yet.
    [