Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yep have to agree with everyone here... Melbourne by a mile and a foot length ATM as they are involved in a stoush that seems to have all fans from both sides ready to attack.

I reckon Brisbane are a rival as well due to the local derby but also there will be just as fierce rivalries with the Dragons and the Bulldogs, with both sets of fans having a 50/50 split on supporting the Titans and hoping they get the wooden spoon at present time... it should make for an action packed 2007 though...

Titan First Grade Regular

It is the Melbourne Storm by a long shot.cya. :!:

Melbourne Storm. Something that would have surprised me a year ago.

Hopefully it will be a healthy rivalry, the two young kids on the block.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We have some sort of rivalry with almost every team because we have had important games or other incidents over many years and because we are one of the better supported teams across the country Also with all the success in the 50s and 60s we have had a target on us ever since especially with older supporters and their children

As for the Titans we worked together to get Bailey a good contract We gave the Titans early access to Bailey which was of benefit to both teams because we couldnt afford him and going to the Titans he wasnt open to offers closer to home Henderson made the move too but the damage could have been a whole lot worse We easily had the best group of players on the market

The way we did business there is not much there for a rivalry Everyone has a big forward or two from us Why not you

Rivalry might come out of the first game and out of having Bailey as the captain but some other incident or important game will have to come up We are playing you first because of the possible crowd but keeping the bigger blockbuster against the Broncos later in the year Probably because we come out of the blocks slowly too Only September matters

Ryles had a shoulder injury which almost finished his career He has been criticised as he has still been building the shoulder back to one hundred per cent If you are going to compare them see how long it takes you to get a six foot four athletic prop who has led the competition in metres gained offloads tackle efficiency in different years

The players you can compare Bailey to more easily are the players we have kept instead both at prop and other positions We already have players that will do a different job to Bailey and the depth to challenge for the title over the next half dozen years at least

Bailey will have a good year We are used to players going elsewhere and playing well We developed them they should be good players but we have to make our choices under the salary cap

Quote Originally Posted by Wicks
    We have some sort of rivalry with almost every team because we have had important games or other incidents over many years and because we are one of the better supported teams across the country Also with all the success in the 50s and 60s we have had a target on us ever since especially with older supporters and their children

As for the Titans we worked together to get Bailey a good contract We gave the Titans early access to Bailey which was of benefit to both teams because we couldnt afford him and going to the Titans he wasnt open to offers closer to home Henderson made the move too but the damage could have been a whole lot worse We easily had the best group of players on the market

The way we did business there is not much there for a rivalry Everyone has a big forward or two from us Why not you

Rivalry might come out of the first game and out of having Bailey as the captain but some other incident or important game will have to come up We are playing you first because of the possible crowd but keeping the bigger blockbuster against the Broncos later in the year Probably because we come out of the blocks slowly too Only September matters

Ryles had a shoulder injury which almost finished his career He has been criticised as he has still been building the shoulder back to one hundred per cent If you are going to compare them see how long it takes you to get a six foot four athletic prop who has led the competition in metres gained offloads tackle efficiency in different years

The players you can compare Bailey to more easily are the players we have kept instead both at prop and other positions We already have players that will do a different job to Bailey and the depth to challenge for the title over the next half dozen years at least

Bailey will have a good year We are used to players going elsewhere and playing well We developed them they should be good players but we have to make our choices under the salary cap
    Wicks,
    I actually think Bailey is a huge loss to the Dragons and although you have some good young forwards, no-one is going to fill the boots of Bailey.
    I compare Bailey to Webky at the Broncos and I'm suprised a club would let him go!

I stopped reading mate after the first paragraph, just to clear it up - punctuation is not a bad thing at all on any forum

Junior Titan

Alot of clubs and fans don't like the titans, so you'll have alot of rivalries.

Titans First Grader

The best Rival will be Brisbane - it should always be the closest team to you. I can see why the Storm are a popular choice but give it a couple of years and it will have blown over and there will be no strong feeling to the game like it still will be with Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    Wicks,
    I actually think Bailey is a huge loss to the Dragons and although you have some good young forwards, no-one is going to fill the boots of Bailey.
    I compare Bailey to Webky at the Broncos and I'm suprised a club would let him go!
    A huge loss compared to what breaking the salary cap or losing multiple players He is a good buy for the Titans but when you look at the money and the length of the contract it was a straight forward decision

We might step back a little but not for very long It wont take more than a season We have some good young forwards in first grade already and we will be debuting plenty more in the next few years

We have heard it before It was Riddell Kite Blacklock then Thompson but our results improved and we got better play from their positions

Bailey has not been as durable or consistent as Webcke and I dont think he has developed anywhere near as much

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I stopped reading mate after the first paragraph
    A.D.D?

A.D.D?
    I will cop the reply, my repy deserved as much.

Punctuation though does help in keeping a reader it has to be said.

Enjoy the forums!