Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Force (will be) Unleashed in November

[UPDATE] LucasArts makes it official with Web destination dating, detailing new Star Wars game, which casts players as Darth Vader's apprentice; DS, PS2, and PSP versions also planned.

Posted Feb 14, 2007 10:06 am PT

Hot on the heels of yesterday's revelation about the new title, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, comes official confirmation of its existence. This morning, LucasArts launched the official Web site for the game and also announced its ship window--November 2007.

Concept art (pictured) on the site also confirmed that the leaked tech-demo footage is indeed for the new Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 title. It also described the technology behind its eye-catching physics. "The Force Unleashed...[takes] full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and Euphoria by NaturalMotion...paired with the powerful Havok Physics system."

Apparently DMM is the middleware responsible for the particle effects in the tech demo, Euphoria enabled the Stormtroopers' natural-seeming AI, and the widely used Havok system allowed the Force-flung Stormtroopers to bounce realistically. The game's tech will also be used to render players' four core Force powers: Force push, repulse, grip, and lightning. These will, as evidenced in LucasArts' tech demo, allow players to fling enemies through the air--and walls. Force powers will also make opponents literally explode with combo moves.

LucasArts' Web site also further details the storyline of the game, which was developed and supervised by George Lucas himself. As previously mentioned, the game will be set between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. Players will assume the role of Darth Vader's apprentice, who is tasked with hunting down the remaining Jedi Knights. Part of it will be set on a planet called Felucia, which is inhabited by a "force sensitive" race, which players will square off against.

The Force Unleashed site also hinted that the game's story may contain the sort of branching storyline featured in the two Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. Throughout the game, players will "face decisions that could change the course of their destiny."

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6165903.html?sid=6165903

Titan First Grade Squad BrisbaneBroncosRule's Avatar

thanks Chel

I LOVE MICHEL

I really think Sony have missed the boat with the PS3.

I might buy one, but thats not the point.

The Xbox 360 is awesome, it links seemlessly with Media Player 11, and i get all music videos, and pictures on my plasma.

They allready have a full selection of titles, and i just think they are right on top of Sony atm.

I have always been a PS2 fan, (its a bit like Holden vs Ford), but i love my 360, and it will be hard to replace as its the center of my media center now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think the Playstation 2 is the best thing Sony will probably have ever made.
    Ps3 will be good but will it be upto the standard of Ps2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poida
    I think the Playstation 2 is the best thing Sony will probably have ever made.
    Ps3 will be good but will it be upto the standard of Ps2.
    The PS1 is what got the PS2 over the line. If the PS1 wasn't so popular, or wasn't even around at all, the PS2 definitely would have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    The PS1 is what got the PS2 over the line. If the PS1 wasn't so popular, or wasn't even around at all, the PS2 definitely would have failed.
    The PS2's competition to start with was GameCube ffs, by the time some decent competition in XBOX come along PS2 was already established. PS1 at least had N64 to go head to head with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

True but will Ps2 do the same for Ps3 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    The PS2's competition to start with was GameCube ffs, by the time some decent competition in XBOX come along PS2 was already established. PS1 at least had N64 to go head to head with.
    Lol and the Nintendo 64 had far better games imo.
    Better graphics too.

True but will Ps2 do the same for Ps3 though?
    Good point. By your theory MonaroMan, PS3 will run out the doors like no other console in history.

Well actually, the GameCube is a more powerful console than the PS2, so I don't see why it was such a bad opposition.

By the way, Xbox and GameCube were released around the same time.

Lol and the Nintendo 64 had far better games imo.
    Better graphics too.
    No doubt! N64 was the shiznit before Snoop even come up with the word! I loved N64, was a major fan while others waited for their PS1 game to load.

No doubt! N64 was the shiznit before Snoop even come up with the word! I loved N64, was a major fan while others waited for their PS1 game to load.
    I still love the 64. My favourite console
    Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are the greatest games I ever played .

Well actually, the GameCube is a more powerful console than the PS2, so I don't see why it was such a bad opposition.
    GameCube was a joke mate, way behind the competition. BS selection of games, and really tripped and fell due to the lack of a DVD player. Only Nintendo diehards bothered with that thing.

I coulda sworn PS2 and GameCube hit shelves before the xbox, but I could be wrong. Either way it was 2 horse race with GameCube stuck in the stables.

GameCube was a joke mate, way behind the competition. BS selection of games, and really tripped and fell due to the lack of a DVD player. Only Nintendo diehards bothered with that thing.

I coulda sworn PS2 and GameCube hit shelves before the xbox, but I could be wrong. Either way it was 2 horse race with GameCube stuck in the stables.
    I think Ps2 was the one that came out first just before Xbox and Gamecube.

GameCube turned a profit and it's home to some of the best last-gen games. It was a commercial disappointment, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a 'joke'.

I coulda sworn PS2 and GameCube hit shelves before the xbox, but I could be wrong.
    PS2: November, 2000
    Xbox: April 26, 2002
    GCN: May 17, 2002

Either way it was 2 horse race with GameCube stuck in the stables.
    Actually it was a one horse race.

PS2: 115.36 million units shipped
    Xbox: 24 million units sold
    GCN: 21 million units sold

As you can see, the Xbox only has a 3 million on the GCN, and you must remember that Microsoft lost a LOT of money on Xbox units (at one stage it was reported that they were losing up to $100 on each unit sold). It was really only successful in establishing a fanbase which has carried on with the 360.
    Last edited by aspher; 15-02-07 at 09:52 PM.