Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan First Grade Regular

oohh - CS vs Steelers, rap-battle of the year!

CS its yer turn, I will spin it.

Nah - seriously, Im agreeing with Steelers, i think the NRL is being a bit bias-meany-doo-doo to the Kiwis and the Lions..
    [

Titan Club Captain

I agree with steelers in the fact that International games are more important then club footy. Theres nothing more in the world I would love to see is a fully fit Kiwis side, but thats never going to happen because clubs wont release players.

I bet the only reason Roy Asotasi was allowed by the Bulldogs to play in this years Tri Nations because he is no longer a Bulldog *cries* .. and he is now a Rabbitoh *cries some more* .. but saying that I only want the likes of SBW and Benji playing for us if they are 100% fit. But I bet you 100% if the Bulldogs made the final SBW would have been playing..hes fit enough for them, but not for his country, same as Matty Utai..

And i'm friggin sick of it!!!

**EDIT** i forgot to add this:

Yet the Bulldogs and other teams release any players for Australia!!

It should be Country over Club!! not club over country!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Well thats what you were implying, especially with this quote

"I wouldn't be too happy if my star playmaker getting the largest chunk of the teams salary cap had to trip off mid season. Even less if he suffered an injury that put my teams season down the drain."

I think the improvement of International Rugby League is worth the risk of one of my star players getting injured. International Rugby League should be a worthy pinnacle of our game, that should rival Rugby Union.

As Queenslander said before, it is partly because of the travel factor. But I also believe it is because Australia is not involved.
    Whatever may have been implied aside, all I said was I wouldn't be too happy. Anyone who smiles when learning of their teams chances in the season being drummed on head is reacting the wrong way.

Of course I want to see international leauge prosper. I can see where the clubs are coming from, is all. I think it would be better if GB played France, wait and have GB v NZ after the season. The ANZAC test probably has a bit more history behind it, given the ANZAC part. And like QLD'er said, its only a routine flight for the Kiwis anyhow. And thats not for the whole team either as all the NZ team wouldn't be flying from NZ as they're based in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Whatever may have been implied aside, all I said was I wouldn't be too happy. Anyone who smiles when learning of their teams chances in the season being drummed on head is reacting the wrong way.

Of course I want to see international leauge prosper. I can see where the clubs are coming from, is all. I think it would be better if GB played France, wait and have GB v NZ after the season. The ANZAC test probably has a bit more history behind it, given the ANZAC part. And like QLD'er said, its only a routine flight for the Kiwis anyhow. And thats not for the whole team either as all the NZ team wouldn't be flying from NZ as they're based in Australia.
    Alrighty then, I can deal witht that It's just that the way you were talking before, it seemed like you were being very selfish towards your club and because of that, didn't want to give up your players for Intl. RL. I would still prefer to see a GB vs NZ game though. Australia have SOO in the middle of the season, NZ and GB have no mid-season rep games, and they deserve at least 1, if not more. GB vs France will still leave NZ stranded without a rep game while Australia, GB and France are strutting their stuff on the representative stage (be it SOO or International).

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    It should be Country over Club!! not club over country!
    Exactly!

Titan Club Captain

I liked the thought of the GB vs NZ game, because it gives all the English Super League guys a go, and I don't get to see them very often. ALthough I did fall asleep after about 15 mins in the game earlier in the year, but ffs I was sick..and tired..and it was like 7am

Titan Club Captain

Exactly!
    I'm glad I have some support!! :lol!:

One thing that really worries me is the fact that we got a fantastic sponsor in the form of XXXX involved in rugby league, at an international level. Now we go and cancel the fixture after just ONE year.

That's is pathetic, surely the administrators could have forseen these problems and gave it a little thought before going ahead.

Now we have a bluechip sponsor likely thinking we are a bunch of clowns, that international rugby league is a joke and there is no international government or cohesion for the code.

The RFL must get in quickly and sell the idea of XXXX supporting a France v Great Britain Test before too much damage is done to our reputation and before we lose them to rugby league in the UK.

1. Save the international fixture.
    2. Save the sponsorship.

Sad...
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 11-12-06 at 07:33 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan First Grade Regular

Alrighty then, I can deal witht that It's just that the way you were talking before, it seemed like you were being very selfish towards your club and because of that, didn't want to give up your players for Intl. RL. I would still prefer to see a GB vs NZ game though. Australia have SOO in the middle of the season, NZ and GB have no mid-season rep games, and they deserve at least 1, if not more. GB vs France will still leave NZ stranded without a rep game while Australia, GB and France are strutting their stuff on the representative stage (be it SOO or International).
    I agree, but don't Great Britain have County of Origin??
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    I agree, but don't Great Britain have County of Origin??
    Used to, it was scrapped. There was never any heart in it anyway and the fixture merely nurished the cliche that rugby league is a game restricted to two northern counties.

Internationals are the only answer for representative options at that level. Either Britain v France or England v Wales and other home nations.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER