Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine
    But do people think the gold coast have had there chances? Seagulls and Chargers? Does anyone think that other places should have had a shot?

Green Machine
    Queensland needed and deserved a 3rd team.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I did support the Warriors but they suck,

GO TITANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine
    But do people think the gold coast have had there chances? Seagulls and Chargers? Does anyone think that other places should have had a shot?

Green Machine
    Three other admin teams have had a shot at getting this team right on the Gold Coast and failed, I am 100% certain no one at the Gold Coast hides behind that. I don't think Michael Searle and his board will.

Do I think that the other places should have had a shot?

I believe the Central Coast and second NZ team deserved the chance to best present the case to the NRL committee. The playing field was level though Michael and the bid team were better prepared and presented a better product with the help of the Gold Coast people.

This post could go on and on and on...though I will stop right here. Too early in the piece to bore members to death going over a topic that is now only a hypothetical

The Central Coast I think lost all respect with their constant criticism in the media of the decision process and the actions that followed by key figures in their bid. The NZ bid had merit, though I am not sure two teams in NZ is viable. That's just me.

GO THE TITANS!

By The Way...Broncos have an old coach and play an old style of football which is boring.

I admire Bennet but he makes the finals and then doesn't seem to have the drive to go all the way.

Yea i know QLD need a third side also. Hope one day Ipswich can enter a side, Ipswich Jets We were in the running to be the capital of QLD dont forget. And Ipswich is growing fast, even though it has a bad rep.

From memory the Gold Coast will be one of the largest population centers in Australia within the next few years and will have more people living there then other state capitals.

The second biggest Rugby League state in the world needed another team. With all the funding in place, a booming population, a supporter base that wants a team....ANY team.....and a junior base that many clubs would kill for.....Im wondering when the Gold Coast will get a second NRL club!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Queensland needed and deserved a 3rd team.
    Gold Coast were a victim of about 24 teams running about during the SL days. There just was not enough talent to spread around.

I think im right in saying the GC ended up with about 2 million still left in the bank. SL clubs were in debt for over 6 million which was written off my News ltd. Why were they cut? SL peace deal not because they werent going well.

I'm 14 but my father supports the Rabbitohs so I'll have a soft spot for them but I'd like to think that the Titans will be MY team.

Lets not go over old ground.

lets look forward with this new team. It has no baggage and....did I mention I really like the logo?

Quote Originally Posted by League Freak
    Lets not go over old ground.

lets look forward with this new team. It has no baggage and....did I mention I really like the logo?
    Wise words Freak!

The logo is brilliant!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

At the moment i'm a Rooster fan but come 2007 i can certainly see myself being a Titan Rooster, Gold Coast look awesome both with the players they signed and the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by NeWy RooSta
    At the moment i'm a Rooster fan but come 2007 i can certainly see myself being a Titan Rooster, Gold Coast look awesome both with the players they signed and the logo.

Another rooster fan abandoning the Ricky Stuart sinking ship!

hahahahahahhaah ricky puppet stuart , i still watch that game 17-16 win over the roorters

robrabbitoh j-rabbit , john sutton

How are the Rabbits looking next year?

Quote Originally Posted by robrabbitoh
    hahahahahahhaah ricky puppet stuart , i still watch that game 17-16 win over the roorters
    Do you still watch it because it's souths only victory over the Roosters in 10 years and you won't be seeing another one in a while?