Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Do You have an NRL team now? Are you going to stick with them in 2007

I'm a huge Manly Fan and get down to brookie a fair bit, i could never ditch the Seags but I consider myself very lucky that in 2007 the only two places ive called home will both be represented in the NRL.

So i will defintely be a Manly and a Gold Coast Fan

The only trouble i see is when they play each other

GO the draw

If people have teams already, then abandon them to follow the Titans, that would class your fan base as fairly loyal-less ....or "starchless", LOL...wouldnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkn annie
    If people have teams already, then abandon them to follow the Titans, that would class your fan base as fairly loyal-less ....or "starchless", LOL...wouldnt it?
    I think most people will mate

I also think alot of people in SE Qld lost interest and fell out of love with the Broncos during super league, i think those people will get on board too.

The kids are the most important if they can get the kids to fall in love with the club they are set.

Can't drop the Eels but there is enough room for both.
    I guess the acid test will come when they meet in a finals match.

It isn't as cut and dry as it is in NSW, who have 10 teams to pick from.

In Queensland we have two, both about 1700 km away from each other.

The Broncos have lost a lot of fans and there are a lot of ready made fans for the Gold Coast, who are rugby league fans but not Broncos fans.

Besides we had a team in the NRL pre-1998. Who says the fans just aren't coming back home?

And some of the adults may follow two teams, but it is the children who will grow up knowing nothing but Titans, Titans, Titans....
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Im a Panthers fan and will always be a Panthers fan. They will always be my favorite club.

Thing is, Im a fan of the game and I can enjoy the success of other clubs.

For the same reason I loved watching the Cowboys in 2004 and the Tigers in 2005....I'll enjoy watching the Titans in the not to distant future.

LOL....yeah see ur point......I can see people being fed up with the Broncos.

Ive been a Raider fan for 11 years now, im 16 and i live in Ipswich, Born in Canberra. I hate the broncos with the passion and not a big fan of the Cowboys. But im going to barrack for the Titans to be the best Qld side and hope they do well. But im a NSW/ACT man. But i really like the Titans logo, kinda like the Oakland Raiders one with the two swords crossed. Wish the Titans joined in 2006

Green Machine

This is my 7th full season without a Gold Coast team and as I said in another thread, I am all the better for it in a way given my love for the game of Rugby League grew stronger despite having not 'real team' to follow. The only team that did not leave me was the QLD Maroons

I knew this day would come again, the day I would have a team again. Quite an emotional day admittedly today. I got a bit of a tear in the eye when we got the green light from David Gallop and it was there again when I first layed eyes on the logo a few days back.

2006 is a busy season for myself personally with the forum and site, it will be deeply satisfying, but busy all the same. As per the last 7 years, I will go about watching the greatest game of all appreciating the quality of teams and players in the modern game.

But do people think the gold coast have had there chances? Seagulls and Chargers? Does anyone think that other places should have had a shot?

Green Machine

Titan CEO

im a storm fan..i wont "support" the GC as in become a die hard fan and drop the storm...but i want the GC to be a competitive team and thats what i cant wait too see so ill be hoping that they have a good first season...just as long as they dont beat the storm

i live on the gold coast and a big South Sydney rabbitohs fan , im a member aswell and will never drop the rabbitohs , but the coast will be a 2nd team i plan to buy a season ticket but when souths v titans , sorry titans i will be turning up with my red and greens on , but still good news with a side back up here , i used to go to the seagulls / giants / chargers games a fair bit

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    This is my 7th full season without a Gold Coast team and as I said in another thread, I am all the better for it in a way given my love for the game of Rugby League grew stronger despite having not 'real team' to follow. The only team that did not leave me was the QLD Maroons
    Exactly. If you look at the people that turn up to Origins, Internationals and QRL GFs they are different than Broncos crowds. There are a lot of people like me and yourself.

I was a Broncos fan, but I couldn't support a team that....well...you know.

Now I have a team that I can set my heart on.

It is great to have a real team to follow again!

Also at the end of the day, there is plenty of room in rugby league to support TWO teams. You just have to pick one over the other when they play each other though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I will support any team, that is queenslander at heart

I'm also a big fan of the logo. A mate had me hooked on the Pirates but the Titans is growing on me quickly.
    I've been watching the NRL fairly closely for the last five years now and I have changed clubs each year. This year is the Cowboys but my heart lies with the Gold Coast. Bring on 2007!