Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Titans at Orara in 2007?

The 2006 tournament and event was one of the highlights of 2006 for me.

I know a lot can change in a year but at the time I was sure that the Titans said they would return to Orara Sevens in 2007 especially as they see Coffs Habour as part of their catchment area.

I'm wondering if the Titans plan to return to the Orara Sevens competition in 2007, of course with probably an academy/Queensland Cup team.

I'm very keen to travel down and see the Titans represent us in the fantastic competition once again. It was especially fun with the large Souths and Malta fan bases.

I know that Malta are already planning their trip as we speak.

Last year's tournament was one of the best times I've had related to rugby league!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

sending some of our youngsters from the acadamy and the like would be fantastic.

plus, spreads the titans love across the area.

I don't think we would send any of our top grade stars barring maybe a couple of fringe players who would provide experience for those in the Elite Academy squad.

DIEHARD and I were there last year and had a great time despite the heat. I will be looking to get back there for the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    DIEHARD and I were there last year and had a great time despite the heat. I will be looking to get back there for the weekend
    Yea mate it was pretty much the highlight of the year for me.

Titans willing, Orara 2007 could be the first Legion adventure.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Yea mate it was pretty much the highlight of the year for me.

Titans willing, Orara 2007 could be the first Legion adventure.
    Mark me down for the road trip, boys!!!

Parra Petty

Any news on this? I would like to plan for the trip if we are fielding a team.

Might go either way...

No reply as yet.

Most of HQ are on leave mate, expect an answer Monday morning.

I believe the Gold Coast have sent an Elite Academy team to compete in the Orara 7s.

I'll be heading down from Brisbane to Coffs Habour tonight to cheer on our boys!

Let's just hope they are really there! But at least I can cheer on Newtown, Souths, Fiji, Malta or many of the other great sides there.

Definitition of poor form: finding out the Titans are not playing at Orara when reading the local Coffs Harbour newspaper ... a simple message on our website could have saved a lot of time and money for the fans who made an effort to head there.

DIEHARD made it to Coffs to find out we were not turning up.

To say I am disappointed by our club today is an understatement.

From a Coffs Harbour website: http://www.coffscoast.com.au/midac/r...=INcc&wide=385

Two-time champions Lebanon will be present again to defend their title. Other teams to look out for include the Maltese Knights and Fiji Bati (runners-up in 2005 and 2006 respectively), plus NRL clubs the Gold Coast Titans and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Definitition of poor form: finding out the Titans are not playing at Orara when reading the local Coffs Harbour newspaper ... a simple message on our website could have saved a lot of time and money for the fans who made an effort to head there.

DIEHARD made it to Coffs to find out we were not turning up.

To say I am disappointed by our club today is an understatement.

From a Coffs Harbour website: http://www.coffscoast.com.au/midac/r...=INcc&wide=385
    That is poor form, I know the club is busy and all with everything starting up but a simple message could have easily been given surely.

Yeah - I think we will leave it there. I have contacted club to voice my disappointed. A hiccup we could have avoided though "we live and learn".

Michael Searle has replied and appologised for the confusion:

My understanding was that we had told Coffs Harbour City Council officials some months back we would play the trial down there but that would mean we could not attend both the 7's and the trial. I am also aware the football office was reluctant to utilise our players in a novelty event when depth is our major hurdle in year 2007. The last thing we wanted was to expose our squad to injuries from such an event.
    I guess it comes down to communication. Blame has to fall upon the organiser's of this tournament as well.

We will endeavour to improve communication between the club and the fan forum.

Well that solves that, I won't waste the trip down tomorrow as I had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fampa
    Well that solves that, I won't waste the trip down tomorrow as I had planned.
    I am glad we were able to "capture" one fan with this info and we saved you some time.

It is disappointing that no word was able to be released about the Titans not turning up, but it wasn't the full responsibility of the Titans to do so. The Orara organisers shouldn't have been advertising the fact that they were coming if they weren't. And besides, Titans HQ have alot going on ATM, finalising everything to make sure everything is perfect come Round 1.