Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Titans: Who wants Matt Rogers here in 2007?

Titans: Who wants Matt Rogers here in 2007?

There is alot of work to do in order to bring Matt Rogers to the club in 2007 as well might I add a few of questions to be answered.

"Does Matt want to leave Rugby?"

"Will the ARU and the NSW Warratahs release Matt Rogers if he does make it known he wants to move?"

"Will he take up a contract much less (possibly $200,000 for 2007) than what he is currently on?"

With all of the above side, do you want Matt here in 2007 starting his career one year earlier with our beloved club?

My thoughts are this: if we can get him back in rugby league on year younger, let's work towards making this happen as long as the player is willing. Matt Rogers is a great footballer with plenty left in the tank. Having Rogers would put us in a stronger position to release Steve Turner as Rogers could fit in at fullback initially plus we would get two players from the Storm in Turner's place ideally.

Let's hope we are able to witness dual international Matt Rogers from 2007 adorning the Gold Coast Titans jersey!

Throw him a jersey and boots and he'll show up and play!
    Very exciting to think he may be on the side in 07

I'd accept him... Mat is a great player and would be a great asset to the Titans when he comes. 2007 would be great if he could come then but as you said... There is many things to do to get him here for next year :]

the sooner the better get here now

Titan First Grade Regular

I do.cya. :win:

Hell yeah!

Junior Titan

I would say great move, there are a lot of 'buts' in there though lets not get ahead of ourselves at this early stage.
    If it comes off we will be in a great position come '07.

time as always will tell

him at the titans in 2007 would be awesome! 1 more year to get used to league again and to bond with the team! I say, bring him back now! :win:

GO THE MAROONS!

Definitely the sooner the better.

If he didn't want to play league he wouldn't already be coming in 2008, so the pay cut and desire are a non-issue.

Will the union folk let him go?
    One could argue that he's leaving anyhow, so they can blood some of their younger talent.
    Sadly, they don't have any younger talent, so they'll probably want to keep him as long as they can.

be great if he plays 07
    with this tuner situation going on and on

im for him going to the titans

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

of course i'd want him here...

BUT the lure of the world cup will be too strong for him (who can blame him?) and i doubt union will want to release him from his contract either.

Default Mat for 2007

Who WOULDN'T want him here asap!

GO THE TITANS!

Matts a quality player,it can only be a bonus if he is here for the first season!

So the Titans were not banking on Rogers being on the Coast in 07 so is he going to play for free in 07, :cop: i'm guessing there isn't a lot left under the cap ? :noidea: or do the Titans cut Turner loose and use his money to get Matt to come a year before he was due ? i'm thinking if Matt is wanting to come, we might hear an announcement soon about Turner being set free, if Turner dose Arrive at the Coast, then what, surely the NRL won't let a duel international play for free ??? :satan: :satan: :satan: