Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pale just remeber that Puletua got realeased to saty in penrith so thats where most of the money is coming from if he decides to join the titans in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJ
    Who WOULDN'T want him here asap!

GO THE TITANS!
    Agree with this!

Titan First Grade Regular

the question should be Who Doesnt!!
    [

From Foxsports.com.au

QUEENSLAND and former Australia coach Eddie Jones believes Mat Rogers has made up his mind to return to rugby league next year and would rather see him play for the NRL's Gold Coast Titans than switch to the Reds.

The Australian and NSW Rugby Unions have yet to confirm reports Rogers has asked for a release from his contract, but senior figures from both bodies will meet this week to discuss his situation.

Among those likely to be involved are Wallabies coach John Connolly, his NSW counterpart Ewen McKenzie, ARU boss Gary Flowers, NSW boss Fraser Neill and ARU high performance unit manager Pat Wilson.

Personal as well as playing reasons are believed to be key factors for Rogers who has yet to publicly declare his intentions for 2007.

Already signed to return to the NRL with the Titans from 2008 and keen to return to the Gold Coast, he refused to rule out an early switch last week.

Jones and McKenzie squashed any suggestion Rogers would be allowed to serve out the final year of his rugby contract with Queensland to keep him in the code through to the 2007 World Cup.

Jones managed to see a funny side to the wrangle, when asked if he thought Rogers player might end up with his Reds.

"We'd have to come up with a harlequin-type jumper with some Titan badges somewhere, a bit of Waratahs somewhere else and Reds elsewhere," Jones joked.

"I think Matty has made his mind up to go back to league and he's had a great rugby career, and certainly I hope whatever he does in his next career, he does well," Jones said.

While Rogers craves more opportunity as a Test five-eighth, Jones only talked of him as a full back, the position he deployed him in for the 2003 World Cup final.

"We're pretty well catered for at 15 with Latho (Chris Latham) who I think is the best full back in the world and Clinton Schifcofske, so whilst Matty is a great player, I think I'd rather see him playing for the Titans," said Jones.

McKenzie dismissed any suggestion Rogers would be allowed to play for the Reds.

"That's not an option. He's contracted to play for the Waratahs, so I'm not handing him over to Queensland," McKenzie said.

McKenzie, who met with Rogers last Monday, is scheduled to hold further talks with the gifted utility back next Tuesday.

He was adamant nothing had changed since last Monday and was still hopeful of retaining the services of Rogers.

"I'm confident in my own mind, but my perspective on things is different to his, it's different to the ARU, everyone has got a different perspective," McKenzie said.

"I'd like to have him around next year and I'm hopeful that's going to happen, but there's lots of things we still have to talk about.

"I'm a fairly realistic sort of person, so we'll have another face-to face and a fairly down to earth conversation next week.

"We had a good discussion the other day; we covered some issues about lack of communication, so most of the conversation was about that, but in terms of moving forward, well we've got to still sort that out."

Jones, who has been linked to the vacant England coaching position, reiterated his commitment to the Reds without totally shutting the door on a possible move.

"If there was an offer there, I'd have a serious look at it like anyone in their jobs, if you're given an offer, you have a look at it," Jones said.

"But I'm happy and committed and want to see the Reds do well."

Junior Titan

Matt Rogers would be an asset to any team. His ability to play many positions in the backline would (will) be great for the Titans.
    Get him here NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmace
    Pale just remeber that Puletua got realeased to saty in penrith so thats where most of the money is coming from if he decides to join the titans in 2007.

True G, lucky Frank stayed in Penrith then eh. :satan:

Im hearing reports something terrible hashappened to Rogers family

More to come

^ Poor Matty...

If its not just Reporters making shiz up.
    [

Last I heard his brother apparently overdosed on drugs and was in hospital.

I'd love to see him play.

I don't know if this article has been posted already:

ARU likely to let Rogers walk
    December 8, 2006 - 8:20PM

Australian and NSW Rugby Union officials are tipped to swiftly rubber stamp Mat Rogers' early release from his contract, if as expected the unsettled Wallaby back lodges a formal request early next week.

Both organisations have confirmed Rogers has verbally asked to be released from his contract, but are awaiting a written request from the player.

Rugby officials, along with long-standing Wallaby captain and halfback George Gregan, were keen for the issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

Gregan said he would love Rogers to keep playing rugby, but the player himself had to make that decision.

"He's such a great player, he's a great guy to have in your squad, he works really hard at his game and he's just got a really good energy for the team, but it's a choice he's got to make," Gregan said.

Rogers, who has already signed to play for new NRL club Gold Coast in 2008, has expressed disappointment over a lack of opportunities to play five-eighth for Australia and also cited personal reasons for his desire to switch codes.

He will meet with both NSW and ARU officials early next week with a quick resolution of the situation anticipated.

"I think the sooner we sit down and sort it out the better," ARU chief executive Gary Flowers said.

ARU high performance unit manager Pat Wilson said it was important to get the decision right rather than work to a specific timeframe, but he also suggested the matter would be resolved soon after Rogers returned to Sydney.

"We're clear on the fact that he wants a release, Mat has verbalised that, I've had some conversations with him and we are clear on that," Wilson said.

"We will wait for Mat to come back to formally put his position to us. There are a number of extenuating circumstances on and off the field, we are taking into consideration.

"We have to work through those issues, this is not a standard or conventional seeking of a release, there are some other circumstances involved which we are considering and we hope to resolve those sometime within the next week or so."

Gregan, who has played alongside Rogers in numerous Tests, was also looking for a swift resolution.

"I think for everyone's sake. We've been talking about it for too long, so I'm sure something will be resolved pretty quick," Gregan said.

NSWRU chairman Fraser Neill said Rogers had told the Waratahs that he wouldn't be happy playing and staying in rugby all of next year.

"He told us he had concerns whether he would have the right attitude to go forward," Neill said.

"In some ways you respect a bloke who comes out and tells you that, but certainly from our point of view, attitude plays such a key part."

Neill said if NSW did lose Rogers, it would be a similar situation to missing a player through a long term injury and had other talented five-eighths available.

"As much as Mat has been a player for us and was going to contribute, if something happens to Mat we've made sure that we've got cover and I think we've got three exceptional talents coming through," Neill said.

"Sam Norton-Knight had a fantastic year last year, we're very excited about the things Sam is going to do and Daniel Halangahu has answered every question every time he's had to step up," Neill said.

"We've had Kurtley Beale in the squad for two years with a view that this (2007) was his year to play."

The Gold Coast Titans have indicated they would be interested in offering Rogers a contract if he gets a release from his rugby deals.

Ohhhhhh Noooooo! That poor Family..My thoughts and Prayers are with all of them!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Banned

I get the feeling that Rogers will be with us fairly soon and Turner will get his wish, either way I'd love to see Rogers here in 2007.

Quick question is Rogers still aloud to play rep football like State of Origin and for Australia when he comes back?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Matchu
    I get the feeling that Rogers will be with us fairly soon and Turner will get his wish, either way I'd love to see Rogers here in 2007.

Quick question is Rogers still aloud to play rep football like State of Origin and for Australia when he comes back?
    Yepp - but he wont get picked, hes probally to old in what is now considered a young-mans game.
    [

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    Yepp - but he wont get picked, hes probally to old in what is now considered a young-mans game.
    Darren Lockyer is only one yeat older than him and Tonie Carol was born in the same year and month as him and they both played S.O.O this year and plus Rogers age may say he's old but he hasn't played a lot of football over the years well not as much as he should have.