Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans Elite Academy Update

Titans Elite Academy Update

I received this e-mail from Satts this morning re: the performance of some the Elite Academy players we have in our ranks. All very promising and it shows the recruiting we are doing at this level is securing the best young talent in QLD, good job to all involved

Scott Sattler: "The Elite Academy players are excelling in their respective teams and school competitions. We have recently had the Qld Open Schoolboys carnival, Q under 15 carnival and the on going Colts and Q Cup competitions in the State. Out of these particular events the Titans players faired very very well"

Here is the list of players and their respective rep honors:

Bo Dene Thompson- Qld schoolboys second row

Will Matthews- Qld schoolboys front row

Chris Sandow- Qld Schoolboys half back/ Australian Institute of Sport member/ QLD Junior Indiginous sportsman of the Year

Matt Host- Qld schoolboys centre/lock

Shannon Walker- Qld schoolboys fullback

James Rix- Qld 19?s trial selection front row

Harry Witt- Qld 19?s trialist hooker

Tyson Lofipo- Qld 19?s trialist wing/centre

Micheal Keating- NSW Catholics schoolboys trials in 2 weeks

Matt O Rielly- NSW high schools trials in 2 weeks

Damien Buckley- NSW catholics trials in 2 weeks

The one i am most enjoying to hear about is Chris Sandow. he could be a 1st grader at the start of next year at this rate. what about shannon Walker as the fullback. he sounds like a exciting player aswell

Shannon in the limited action I have seen is definately going to be a youngster pushing for NRL first grade action over the next couple of seasons. Chris Sandow has more raps on him than any young QLD player I know not playing in the NRL currently - and from plenty of good judges which is promising.

Chris and Shannon was awesome at the sevens, both very quick and talented with ball in hand. Sandow will be pushing Preston and Prince from the start, he looks to be one of those rare talents who will attract plenty of attention from NRL clubs looking for a up and coming halfback.
    Last edited by DeeGan; 17-05-06 at 11:45 AM.

Sandow would be good off the bench as an impact player. he could come on to Hooker and player in combo with presto and prince

I am just wondering, are these blokes still on the open market or have they been signed by the Titans on some sort of deal where they can't sign with anyone else... because I am sure there would be many clubs wanting to sign some of these blokes.

I am sure they are contracted that prevents them from being poached by the vultures at other NRL clubs...I might get clarification there though and see what that entails. Some of it may not be privy to us on the outside though.

Leave it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I am sure they are contracted that prevents them from being poached by the vultures at other NRL clubs...I might get clarification there though and see what that entails. Some of it may not be privy to us on the outside though.

Leave it with me.
    OK thanks for that, Most would think they would have had an exclusivity contract of some sort.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Walker and Sandow both did pretty well at the under 18 carnival at Wynnum. This guy Israel Folau was the player of the tournament, let's try and get him before the other clubs can get their filthy hands on him!
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

The Elite Academy players are all on 2-3yr deals - straight from the mouth of Scott Sattler.

Cheers
    Last edited by DeeGan; 18-05-06 at 09:49 AM.

I stand corrected but I believe Chris Sandow is only the second 16 year old ever to be selected in the Australian Schoolboys side (18 yo's generally). The other one was Chris Walker. So, anyone selected that young to play in a team generally two years older and at international level has to be someone special. In saying that, Walker could have been something special but went off the tracks from time to time. I look forward to seeing Sandow push the experienced players ne3xt year.

Junior Titan

now thats what you call an academy!
    Last edited by Queenslander; 31-07-06 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Removed bad language

Sandow will be great but one thing that worries me is that other clubs might target him on the field because of his age and size

Junior Titan

A smaller player like sandow is always going to be targeted, with amazing ability in attack. a player is always going to have a weakness in sandows case it is going to be his size and ofcorse teams/players are going to expose that in saying that im sure the titans would have a plan to lower the chances of him having to defend alot. benji marshall defends on the wing mainly because of a suspect shoulder but he is not what i would call a great tackler maybe putting sandow on the wing in defence would be good as he is punishing in broken play, this way he wont be as tired and hes straight back into the attack when posession changes.
    any thoughts?
    Qld rebel.

Titan One Clubman

Does Sandow currently play for Souths Logan?

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Yes, he was shown on NRL on Fox last night playing for Souths.

Thanx to Steelers for the handywork!!!