Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Just one more reason im staying a Broncos supporter!!!!!!!!!!
    Shav! You're back! It hasn't been the same without you So who would you prefer on the wing... Sideshow Bob or Chris Walker?

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansroostersfan
    Well if hodges is to show for he was always going back and forth to club to club and now looks at this season.

Has really shown what he has got.

Maybe walker may show the same thing next season.

Also what will he brothers do now. Maybe QLD cup teams.
    Im sorry but do you proof-read any of your postings?
    It makes it difficult when someone types in gibberish.. :dizzy:

New team ... New start. Good luck to him

It'll be interesting to see how the whole team fits together. Titans have definatley got a lot of talent in the bank.

From SMH.com.au

Turner opens door for Walker
    Glenn Jackson
    November 29, 2006

STEVE Turner officially became a "fall-back option" for the Gold Coast yesterday after the Titans offered another controversial winger, Chris Walker, a lifeline for next season.

While Titans managing director Michael Searle said his decision to offer a preseason trial to Walker was not "directly linked" to Turner's snubbing of the club, he admitted it was now "long odds" of seeing their AWL signing in a Gold Coast jersey in 2007.

Full story here: http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/tu...476206373.html
    I like the move made here by the club. Walker knows he is on his last chance with any team in the NRL competition and I think coming to the Gold Coast where is based now with family (living with mum and dad) is going to see a settled Chris Walker looking to resume a career in the NRL competition - something he has taken for granted in times gone by.

Walker is a former State of Origin player with one thing no one can coach - speed. With BJ there to beat any flair out of him during training, we should see a fitter than ever Walker focused on the job at hand - I see a similar type of form reversal to that of Justin Hodges who was written off before returning home to Brisbane (note I said similar).

Toe the line or you're out
    Mick Daly
    November 28, 2006 11:00pm

ONE last chance. That's the blunt message the Gold Coast Titans have given bad boy Chris Walker as the troubled former Queensland Origin flyer seeks to resurrect his flagging NRL career.

Walker attended a gym session at the Titans' Runaway Bay training base yesterday, with the club confirming the erratic winger could be offered a contract if he impresses in pre-season trials against Melbourne, Parramatta and Penrith.

But after a wayward career tainted by off-field indiscretions and controversy, the former Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters and Storm enigma has been handed a frank reality ? toe the line or never play in the NRL again.

And that, according to co-captain Scott Prince, could be the factor that saves him.

"As far as Chris is concerned it's pretty much his last opportunity to play at NRL level," Prince said.

"I think it's good for him. Now he just has to do all the right things to make it good for our club and our team.

"This is his final chance and he just has to make the most of it and keep his nose clean."

The Titans' interest in Walker is at odds with their recruitment policy, in which a player's character and general behaviour are considered just as important as his talent.

Prince, a former Test halfback and Clive Churchill Medal winner, urged Walker to leave his ugly past behind and denied the players might consider him a destabilising influence.

"I think everyone was excited about the fact that a guy of Chris's calibre, in terms of his playing ability, could be playing here," he said.

"But in saying that, he has had a colourful background and it's just a matter of getting on top of that.

"Chris comes with a lot of baggage. There are guidelines put in place.

"If Chris in any way goes outside those guidelines, well then she's all over.

"It all goes back to one thing, and that's this is his last opportunity, and he has to make the most of it. He's got to realise that it's now or never."

Coach John Cartwright said it was up to Walker to prove his maturity to his Titans teammates.

But he insisted Walker would not be mollycoddled.

"He's 26 years old and he's got to take a senior role with the club if he wants to play here," he said.

"We've got core values. If he fits in with those core values ? and he's aware of what they are ? well then the boys will accept him. If he doesn't, the boys won't accept him."

Cartwright said Walker could be forgiven for his previous mistakes but warned any lapses would not be tolerated.

He said Walker was "at the end of his road" as a professional footballer and had no option but to knuckle down.

Source: Courier Mail

Titan First Grade Regular

^ Nice Work - Titans wont take no #@4* from no-one.
    [

Hopefully the problems of the past will stay in the past.
    People are often influenced by their surroundings, so back with family and at a club looking to create a good, healthy atmosphere, it could be just what he needs to settle down and mature. At 26 his career should be far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Im sorry but do you proof-read any of your postings?
    It makes it difficult when someone types in gibberish.. :dizzy:
    Yeah i just read it now geez late nights and working hard don't mix. Redone the post again makes sense now i hope lol.

Titan First Grade Regular

Well he has a shot, now it is up to him to take advantage of it. I wish him the best.cya :hi:

Last chance he has the talent hope he shows it with no crap. Good pick up.

I always thought we'd sign Chris.

We gonna sign Ben now? He'd be a decent back up.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I always thought we'd sign Chris.

We gonna sign Ben now? He'd be a decent back up.
    Ben who?

LOL Casey... Ben Walker...

Well done to Chris on getting another contract, this time though I reckon he either plays well or gets lost.... I hope he can get his career back on track, but he must be on a very tight leash, he knows this is his last chance and if he screws up, then he has no one to blame but himself.

In saying that, good luck Chris at the Titans, and I hope you can make the grade and get the job done for all of the GC fans...

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Hopefully Walkers career can kick on like Hodges has done since returning to Brisbane away from big bad Sydney :satan:

well if walkers in r we still gunna have turner, he's good but an idoit. & if we r gunna have turner, well we keep in our lower grades 4 a couple year lol. but welldone 2 walker (Chris) hes still got it & he got sum leadership skills these days. but Lea lea Paea is awsome!. if paea turns it on will he force webster on the wing & if so will walker drop in2 2nd row maybe I luv u guy go the titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RIP; 30-11-06 at 11:07 AM.