Default Jetstar Gold Coast Titans supporting the O?Dwyer Shield.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans supporting the O?Dwyer Shield.

What: The annual O?Dwyer Shield Primary school clash between St James Primary School (Banora Point) and St Josephs (Tweed Heads.) Und 10 and Open games.

Where: St James Primary School Banora Point

When: 5.30pm (Daylight saving time) 4.30pm Queensland Time

Who: Luke O?Dwyer and Jetstar Gold Coast Titans team mates, Gavin Cooper, Brad Meyers & Clint Amos.

Snapshot

The O?Dwyer shield is named in memory of Ryan O?Dwyer who fought, but sadly lost his brave battle against Leukaemia.

Ryan was also a great lover of Rugby League and extremely proud of his brothers achievements.

Luke who is now a member of the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans inaugural squad attended both schools, while Ryan was a student at St Josephs (Tweed Heads) where managed to play a game with the team.

The two schools decided on an annual Rugby League match (The O?Dwyer Shied ) in recognition of Luke?s achievements and in memory of Ryan.

It?s hoped the O'Dwyer Shield story inspires children to strive for their goals and to realise that with hard work, determination and persistence their dreams could one day be realised.

Luke sat in the same rooms as the children at both schools and I'm sure he had the grand dreams these kids have. He is proof that country kids can reach the top of their chosen profession.

Both schools are thrilled with the support the Titans have given the O'Dwyer Shield and all the players -Under 10's and Opens can't wait to show off their skills in front of Luke and his family and members of the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans.

Junior Titan

Thumbs up

Bravo

Another great idea from what already is a caring football club.

We are starting to see a great community spirit coming from this club and I can see the Gold Coast getting behind a club thats puts effort behind the local people

Well done

nice to see the club supporting a great cause...

I am really saddened and humbled by reading that.

Very sad but I'm glad the Titans are doing something to help carry on his memory and give something to the kids.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

nice stuff.

for TWO good causes.. ryan's memory, and grassroots footy.

Titan First Grade Regular

Nice work Titans

I respect a club that helps the community
    [