View Poll Results: Titans: Will you accept Steve Turner IF he does join us in 2007?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

28 52.83%
  • UNDECIDED

10 18.87%
  • NO

15 28.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Titan First Grade Regular

:rotflmao: U got the chance to sign one of the shining stars in this years origin - and didnt!

I guess i can't talk - raiders should've kept both him and Clinton.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    hed have my support if he had handled the situation properly
    Steve, still being young would be taking advice from various different people...It can be hard, when you are still relatively young to make the right life choices, which require alot of foresight....When most of us have issues to decide upon, we often seek advice from those around us...I believe this is simply the case here....Only the advice he received maybe was'nt impartial. Had someone (way back in the beginning) advised Steve to do the right thing..This situation would not have spun out of control the way it has. Everyone makes errors and mistakes...that does'nt mean he is not entitled to our support.

Either way the Titans will go alright. Hope he makes up his mind soon. There's a lot of young up and coming through who will jump at the chance. :topic:

If he comes in, trains and plays hard, helps win a few games, then all this silliness will soon be forgotten.
    I'd just like to see him do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica
    If he comes in, trains and plays hard, helps win a few games, then all this silliness will soon be forgotten.
    Simple and to the point...Great post

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Would depend on how much he puts in at training and on the field and whether he sticks around after 12 months...so i guess im still undecided! :dead:

Junior Titan

I wish him all the best with whatever his decision it - but in the end, I must say I believe that if he does go to the Coast, he might be looked upon as a scapegoat for losses by some fans (not intellectual people like you guys ), as people question his 'commitment'.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

I voted yes, he is a talented player who has made a mistake. Can't hold it against him for ever. If he doesn't come he'll be hunted like a dog and smashed at every opportunity. Either way, I can't wait!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Does "compassionate reasons" mean Steve will be in poverty if he doesn't receive his extra $100,000?

If he doesn't want to play for the Titans, do you want him mixing in with team?

I voted NO! If you are not devoted to the team p**s of. Tallis did not want to stay at the Dragons and sat out one year so should Turner. When I played footy it wasn't the money it was the love of the game and the mates you played with. BTW shouldn't this thread be combined to the other Turner thread.
    Last edited by Dragons; 24-11-06 at 09:17 PM.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

My opinion of turner(coat) is slowly souring..the Titans have overextended the olive branch and yet turner is still dragging his feet..it seems if he DOES turn up it will be while kicking and screaming..one year cant pass quick enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica
    Fully agree.

If he wants to play rugby league next year, he'll need to use his head and realise that he has to be at the Titans. Family reasons i hope don't help anything with Melbourne, it's just a silly excuse IMO.
    Last edited by patrick; 24-11-06 at 09:35 PM.

:win: MANLY SEA EAGLES - PRIDE OF THE PENINSULA :win:

I'm Undecided... TBH, I've had enough of this saga and wish he'd just go to the GC and accept that he made a deal, now he has to accept it... I understand there are family reasons, but I think if both parties knew about the issue when he signed, then both agreed to some deal to help Turner deal with it...

If he came up here and played 100% I'd love to have him, but if he played 50-60%, then I'd say no I wouldn't, and I'd want to see him turfed in the next season to come... I want players who are committed to playing for the GC, if you aren't committed then head elsewhere, no matter how talented you are.

Would definately depend on how well he performs, how much committment he has and his attitude. Right now, his attitude is shocking so that makes me doubt his future committment and performance!!
    :beer: :naughty:

I'm getting really sick of this bloke.

Fact is him signing, denied us the opportunity to chase other players, so we have lost out here and may lose either way we go.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER