View Poll Results: Titans: Will you accept Steve Turner IF he does join us in 2007?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

28 52.83%
  • UNDECIDED

10 18.87%
  • NO

15 28.30%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans: Will you accept Steve Turner IF he does join us in 2007?

Titans: Will you accept Steve Turner IF he does join us in 2007?

The last thing I really wanted to do was start another thread regarding Steve Turner though I am interested in getting opinions on how our fans will take to Steve IF he does end up playing for us in 2007?

My thoughts are this: Steve would be a Gold Coast Titan and I would embrace him being part of the team helping us becoming a winning franchise. Whilst the disappointment would not be forgotten in how he has handled himself since agreeing to terms with the club, I would not hold the grudge that I predict lot of Titans fans will be inclined to do.

How would you feel about Steve Turner coming to the club in 2007?

Keep the posts contructive.

Cheers,

Its a catch 22 postion for me personally.

Yes id hate him for all the way this whole saga has been handled byu himself and everyone else invloved.

On the other hand, If steve finally decides to join us he could become a valuable part of the Titans in their inagural year.

The pros far outweigh the cons in this case so id be more than happy for everyone involed to put this behind us.

So id be more than happy for steve to join the club if he repays the club by sticking by their words in this situation.

If this question was asked about a month ago; and Steve had said that he will come to the Coast, then yes I would accept him as a Titan.

I have voted NO to this question for the simple fact that he (Turner) has dragged this whole issue far too long and if he wants to stay and Melbourne and turn back on his agreement then let him. If he does honour his agreement and plays for the Titans, he will be public enemy number one amongst many Titans fans.

I am a Titans fan. Not a player fan. What is good for the team a whole has my full support.

I would accept Steve Turner.

Would I like him? Never met the boy (age does not a man make) so I can't say.

Helen

If the titans accept him... than i will.

Plain and simple

Titans First Grader

I would like him to join, although if he doesnt it gives a better chance to Mathers and thus will benefit GB.

He is a great talent and i would feel more confident with him in the starting line over sideshow bob (still love sideshow bob).

Yes. I don't like the whole drama that's going on, but I know i've made mistakes in the past, and will continue to do so. He's just human.

Question

I voted YES!
    And if he comes up here and does the right thing, I will get over it! Its a shame he has dragged this on..but, lifes to short. I'm not going to let him Grind My Gears anymore!We just want, whats best for the Titans!
    Once he moved up here, i'm sure he would find, its a great place to be!
    I feel for the Titans and the Storm Clubs!
    Its a nightmare, none of us needed!
    If he does come up,I hope he doesn't have a Bad Taste in his mouth!
    We had a chance of getting MOGG, and lost it because, Mogg couldn't hang around waiting to see what would happen!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Junior Titan

id love to have him here if he was willing, but if he doesnt want to come then id rather he didnt, no reason to have someone at a club unless they are enjoying their time there and happy to play for the team. You cant just go out and play for team and not want to be there. If you are playing for a team your heart and passion needs to go into it and if hes doesnt want to be here i dont see how that will work. Ofcourse things might change after hes been here a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    I feel for the Titans and the Storm Clubs!
    and those are both my teams... haha :lol!:

Titan First Grade Regular

I'll support the Jersey he wears but not the player.cya.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01
    I'll support the Jersey he wears but not the player, * edit* .cya. :curse:
    :dead: heavy! But Woot for supporting the jersy cliffy!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-11-06 at 01:51 PM.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Damn am I the only UNDECIDED? haha

Im a fan of Turners talent and ability I dislike the personality aspects he is showing atm.

He had better make a decision soon. If he turns this into more of a circus than it already is, he'll be gone in my mind. Forever the TURNCOAT.

But seriously the Titans are offering him a release after one year. Isnt that the best option, a fair compromise, the Titans dont even have to make. He isnt showing them much respect at all but they are trying to accomodate him. It would be better than sitting at home feeling sick when every other NRL player is at their club, most pre-season training.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yes. Absolutely. Steve would have my support, and more importantly, my respect. I try to remember that he still is a young player...and I feel that those that surround Steve, may not be giving advice, which is in his best interest. I believe the advice he probably is receiving would be to benefit the Storm, rather than Steve, and this whole situation....After all...the people around him..are not jepordising their futures...but are helping to place Steve in a very precarious position, which will affect him for years to come.
    Best of luck to everyone involved...and I hope the situation is resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    Yes. Absolutely. Steve would have my support, and more importantly, my respect. I try to remember that he still is a young player...and I feel that those that surround Steve, may not be giving advice, which is in his best interest. I believe the advice he probably is receiving would be to benefit the Storm, rather than Steve, and this whole situation....After all...the people around him..are not jepordising their futures...but are helping to place Steve in a very precarious position, which will affect him for years to come.
    Best of luck to everyone involved...and I hope the situation is resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all.
    hed have my support if he had handled the situation properly