Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NRL: 2007 Draw

Titan Club Captain

Can't wait to take on Brisbane and get some revenge.

And I can't wait till Nate & Braith get hammered by Bobcat, Shrek and Mason.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Can't wait to take on Brisbane and get some revenge.

And I can't wait till Nate & Braith get hammered by Bobcat, Shrek and Mason.
    You should take Kidwell out of your avatar, he is a joke.
    Smooth as silk

hehehe go the doggies i know what u mean by wanting revenge.
    lol north queensland will be after it over the dogs lol

Default Luck of the draw with NQL

Luck of the draw with NQ

http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.a...E14793,00.html

Luck of the draw with NQ

By KATE JACKA
    15nov06

NORTH Queensland Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said he was looking forward to a memorable season following the release of the 2007 National Rugby League draw.

Parr could hardly fault the draw yesterday with six of eight requests submitted by the club approved by the NRL.

As announced last week, the Cowboys will kick-start their season with a blockbuster against premiers the Brisbane Broncos on March 16 at Suncorp Stadium.

Building as an NRL tradition, the round one Queensland derby was one of the club's 'three main requests'.

The round 16 bye, which falls the week before State of Origin II, and a round 20 away game, to avoid a clash with the Townsville Cup, have also been granted.

"My first impressions are that it's quite a favourable draw," Parr said.

"Overall it's good for us.

"The ideal draw is always home, away, home, away and there are only two lots of two away games in a row.

"That's very valuable for us with the amount of travel we do."

The inclusion of the Gold Coast Titans, an additional Friday night game and the re-introduction of Monday night football are a few of the highlights of the 2007 draw.

The 16-team competition spells the end of the weekly bye although each team will enjoy one week off during the 25-round season.

After returning from Brisbane, the Cowboys host the Roosters in round two before hitting the road against the Dragons in round three.

Round four pits the Cowboys against the Tigers at Dairy Farmers Stadium ? one of two requests not met.

Parr said North Queensland had preferred an away game over Easter.

The club also asked for a round six away game following the April 20 Test match but will instead meet the Rabbitohs at home.

Parr said the only other downside was the Cowboys would not host the Knights, Eels or Gold Coast Titans in 2007.

"The Knights and Parramatta are big crowd-pullers for us and we would have liked to play the Titans at home in their first year," he said.

"But they would have wanted to play us (on the Gold Coast) as well. It's tough to do a draw which keeps everyone happy."

On a positive note, North Queensland will not travel to Brookvale Oval (Manly), Olympic Stadium (Melbourne) or Shark Park (Cronulla).

The Cowboys and Titans do battle in round eight.

In traditionally the club's biggest game of the year, North Queensland host the Broncos in round 18.

The game will follow a week-long celebration of rugby league in the region with Townsville playing host to the under-15 National Secondary School rugby league championships.

The Cowboys finish the regular season with three big games against the Dragons (home), Knights (away) and Bulldogs (home).

Finals start on September 7 with the decider to be held on Sunday, September 30.

Titan First Grade Regular

they have one of the best draws out of every team in the comp i rkn.
    [

yeh i like the idea of having sydney roosters as a first home game.
    having the bulldogs last will serve well. around origin will be a toughy with the storm, sharks and raiders. pity souths play us early. theyre good to play around origin time.cowboys rarely get beaten by them.

i think last years draw for us was probably one of the worst. origin time pitted us against on fire teams
    Last edited by Paddy; 17-11-06 at 01:45 PM.

also no brookvale, no olympic park, no shark park is good.
    cowboys dont do well at either park.

I think that in the raiders draw for next year they should host: Storm, Bulldogs, Manly, and Broncos at home during july.

sadly, it will not happen. But wouldv'e been great!
    [

IMO, they could have every game in Nth Qld, i still don't think they have the team do finish in the 8, but as long as they are happy then i too am happy !

Im pretty impressed with cowboys draw...should make for a great year of football!

GO THE MAROONS!

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

thank you

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by W.I.L.T
    You should take Kidwell out of your avatar, he is a joke.
    No I shall not, as I admire Kidwell for the amount of Pride and Passion he has for the Black and White jersey, and New Zealand in general.

and i admire him for that hit on mason. ill never forget it lol

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    and i admire him for that hit on mason. ill never forget it lol
    I still get shivers just thinking about it. . I don't think anyone..let alone any Kiwi fan will forget it, if I meet Kidwell next year..hopefully I do ..ima make sure I thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    No I shall not, as I admire Kidwell for the amount of Pride and Passion he has for the Black and White jersey, and New Zealand in general.
    I remember an article in the RLW Tri-Nations specal this year, about all his passion and his pride.

and the his on Mason was preety sweet, I h8 Mason.
    [