Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Lang Park Tri Nations to be HUGE

With over 38,000 tickets already sold to the big game at Lang Park!

I think we will nearly sell it out!

Post your ticket/crowd updates in this thread.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

42,000 sold and rising!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    42,000 sold and rising!
    And i think the Poms will get THRASHED :box:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    And i think the Poms will get THRASHED :box:
    NA AA!

Go GB+I!

The big play will be when Thursto misses a penalty and Jamie Pea**** gets the ball and runs the length of the field to score.
    I would LOVE to see that happen!
    [

42,000 sold and rising!
    That's a great result, just proves that Brisbane loves their Rugby League. And to think that the NRL wont be giving Brisbane the rights to the ANZAC Test next year

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    NA AA!

Go GB+I!

The big play will be when Thursto misses a penalty and Jamie Pea**** gets the ball and runs the length of the field to score.
    I would LOVE to see that happen!
    Then wakes up and has breakfast! :lol!:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

It just proves that QLD love their footy way more than those below the border! seriously! The other Tri nations game were just appalling attendances! What's wrong with NSW fans! (I know all these ppl on this froum are all harcore fans so i'm not aiming that at you ok)

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    It just proves that QLD love their footy way more than those below the border! seriously! The other Tri nations game were just appalling attendances! What's wrong with NSW fans! (I know all these ppl on this froum are all harcore fans so i'm not aiming that at you ok)
    I know that Robbie...you are right...awful crowds down South!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    I know that Robbie...you are right...awful crowds down South!
    How about the next Tri Nations is staged by the QRL rather than the ARL/NRL. By then we'll have 3 great stadiums to use with Skilled Park, Suncorp & DFS.

Our crowded house
    Steve Ricketts
    November 17, 2006 11:00pm

BRISBANE'S footy fans are set to smash a 52-year-old crowd record when Australia plays Great Britain at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

Just on 42,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's match, which Britain must win to qualify for the final.
    By contrast, next Saturday's final in Sydney could be played in front of a half-full stadium, with just 8000 tickets sold even though Australia has already qualified.

The record Test attendance in Brisbane is 46,355 for the second Test of the 1954 series against Britain at the Gabba, the scene of next week's Ashes cricket Test.

The record crowd for a Test at Suncorp Stadium, previously Lang Park, is 45,057 set in 1966.

Britain's halfback in 1966, Tommy Bishop, yesterday said it would take a full house tonight at 53,000-capacity Suncorp Stadium to convince him a crowd record had been set.

Gold Coast-based Bishop said thousands of people came over and through the fences at Lang Park for the 1966 Test, with the council having to set up barricades to stop the crowd spilling on to the playing area.

"I remember one bloke came out of the crowd and assaulted our fullback Arthur Keegan," Bishop said.

"I think he hated Pommies or maybe he was just mad.

"We should have won that Test and the Ashes. The Aussies kicked three goals to our two but we had the only real tryscoring chance and Bill Burgess put the ball down with the line wide open."

Bishop will be at the match tonight with two of his sons, Gary and Neil, and five grandsons who play league for Aspley.

ARL chief executive Geoff Carr played in a schoolboy curtain-raiser to the 1966 Test and he agrees the real crowd figure that day was hard to gauge.

"But to get over 40,000 for a Test in November when the cricket season is in full swing is a great achievement," he said.

"The weather forecast is good and you never know what sort of a walk-up crowd you might get. It will be a great atmosphere with all the British tour groups here."

Carr said he expected ticket sales for the final to increase after tonight's match, when Australia's opponents would be known.

"Either way the final should have plenty going for it," he said. "If Britain get there they will be aiming for three wins in a row over Australia.

"If the Kiwis make it you can bet they will be fired up after having two points taken off them and of course they will be defending the title they won last year."

Brisbane could lose next year's trans-Tasman Test in April because of a glut of big football at Suncorp Stadium but Australian coach Ricky Stuart says that would be a shame.

"The people of Brisbane got right behind the team and helped us win the game (against New Zealand in May)," Stuart said. "I'm big on giving credit where credit is due and to take a Test away from Brisbane would be a kick in the backside."

Source: Courier Mail

Maybe this will finally dispell the ridiculous opinion that fans wont come out for games after the NRL season is completed.

Should be a fantastic crowd. And I believe the record at the Gabba is actually the crowd record for the ground, rugby league has it.

Fantastic crowd! Not only in quantity but quality.

The noise and colour from Aussies and Poms alike was brilliant.

I've never heard an Aussie anthem sung with such passion at a Test Match.

There was so many Kangaroos jerseys around, we have come a long way in the last few years.

Brisbane is the rugby league heartland! :guit:

Couldn't agree more with you diehard

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan First Grade Regular

Nice to see the Barmy Army down there too!
    [

Fantastic crowd! Not only in quantity but quality.

The noise and colour from Aussies and Poms alike was brilliant.

I've never heard an Aussie anthem sung with such passion at a Test Match.

There was so many Kangaroos jerseys around, we have come a long way in the last few years.

Brisbane is the rugby league heartland! :guit:
    Couldn't agree more DIEHARD.

Suncorp Stadium should seriously be considered for the Rugby League World Cup Final in 2008. Lang Park may not hold as many as Telstra Stadium but like with many things its quality not quantity.