Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default Round 1 V Saints- Suncorp

Round 1 fixtures were released yesterday and rest of the draw is to be released in full today sometime.

Yep it is so have the other games for Round one see here:
    http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6484

Thumbs up TITANS vs DRAGONS

Titans v Dragons for starters

By Dean Ritchie

November 09, 2006 12:00
    Article from: The Daily Telegraph

THE NRL will today announce their round one draw for next season with new club Gold Coast to play St George Illawarra in a historic match at Suncorp Stadium.

NRL chief executive David Gallop will this morning fly to the Gold Coast to announce the round of games to be played in mid-March.

The Daily Telegraph also understands that the Andrew Johns-led Newcastle Knights will play the Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium in another bumper match.

Anticipating a huge crowd, Gold Coast decided to move the Dragons match to Suncorp before returning to Carrara Stadium for the remainder of next season.

"It will be a great occasion," Dragons coach Nathan Brown said.

Suncorp Stadium will also host Brisbane's match against North Queensland on the Friday night to kick off the season.

All match scheduling will be revealed today by Gallop.

Two new coaches ? the Sharks' Ricky Stuart and Matt Elliott's Panthers ? will go head-to-head at Toyota Park.

Manly are drawn to play Canberra at Brookvale Oval in Neil Henry's first match as Raiders coach.

Parramatta will play the New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium while Melbourne play the Wests Tigers at Olympic Park.

The Sydney Roosters will play Souths in the opening Monday Night Football match at Aussie Stadium.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Round one, a clash of the titans ay :roll:

looking forward to it.

Micheal Searle just said on the GOLD COAST NEWS, he is happy with getting the Sunday Game, as it would make it easier for Titans fans to get there on a Sunday, as opposed to the Friday Night! I agree! bring it on!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

The Gold Coast Titans have agreed to the Suncorp Stadium venue to allow more Titans fans to attend this most historic event. The change in venue will allow 30,000 more Titans fans to be apart of history - round of applause gents.

More details and comments from the administration will follow I am sure.

Just booked my airfares with Jetstar, can't wait for the big day. Airfares are cheap at the moment from Sydney $79 each way. :!:

I wonder how this will work for those who purchased season tickets. Will they have a free ticket/allocated seat for this game?

Im not going to be one of the many people who have voiced their displeasure at the Titans playing at suncorp, instead im going to fcus on the positives for the N.S.W fans that cant make it.

Thanks to QLD not having Daylight Savings times and N.S.W does we will get to see this game live how awesome is that see there are positives in QLD not having Daylights saving time.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg
    I wonder how this will work for those who purchased season tickets. Will they have a free ticket/allocated seat for this game?
    Good question? I certainly hope so. Have applied for 14 gold memberships and i'll be cheesed off if we have to pay to go to Suncorp. On a positive though, i wouldn't miss this game for the world ( even if we have to pay!! )

Junior Titan

I'm happy with this and happy that Mr. Searle picked a traditional club for us to play against i think it was a pretty important decision. I just really hope we can pull off a win.. with a sold out suncorp I can see us getting home in a very tight one.

Quote Originally Posted by Satint
    with a sold out suncorp I can see us getting home in a very tight one.
    Win or lose doesn't really matter, the important thing is celebrating seeing the Gold Coast's own team out on the field.

Can admin look into the possibility of having a bay allocated for Titans forum supporters to buy tickets in for game 1? You'd need to get in early & I assume a few here have contacts in high places.

mad
    my 2nd fav team playing my fav
    good old battles

Fantasic stuff glad they thought right and have done this.

When can we buy tickets

Dragons eh. A potent enemy. Can't wait to crush them beneath our iron clad boots and grind them into the dirt. I hate the Dragons.

Tough opponent, no fooling, shows the Titans aren't afraid of a fight straight out of the boxes. I like that attitude!

I support the move to Lang Park, it's important to maximise the devidends we get out of our first game, including our impact. And believe me Titans first game at Lang Park will be the talk of SEQLD.

I love it that we are on Sunday, it's better than Friday. We make everyone wait, for the climax. Broncos v Cowboys is the appetitiser.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER