Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Ricky Stuarts Rotation policy is coming to get you.
    Bahaha, I prefer Mr Henry's thank you, atleast our's in successful

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Bahaha, I prefer Mr Henry's thank you, atleast our's in successful
    LOL your team only makes changes whenh needed unlike ours anyway vangana played his best game in a long while i thought.

Fired-up Kiwis trounce Lions

November 11, 2006

NEW Zealand kept its Tri-Nations defence alive with a 34-4 thumping of Great Britain at Westpac Stadium.

Needing a win to give themselves any chance of reaching the November 25 final against Australia, the Kiwis put the Nathan Fien eligibility debacle behind them with a six tries to one win over the Lions.

Great Britain must now defeat Australia at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane next Saturday to qualify for the final, while a Kangaroos victory ensures the Kiwis get a re-match of the 2005 final.

Kiwis halfback Stacey Jones orchestrated the home side's impressive victory in another starring performance in the black No.7 jersey.

Jones put fullback Brent Webb across for two first half tries that gave New Zealand a 16-4 lead at halftime.

The clever playmaker put the result beyond doubt 15 minutes after the break, setting up two tries for a 28-4 lead.

Nathan Cayless touched down in the 50th minute when Jones' chip kick took a cheeky bounce in the in-goal and then five minutes later a swift backline move resulted in winger Manu Vatuvei running around under the uprights.

Skipper Ruben Wiki then benefited from a second sneaky Jones' chip, this time the ball bouncing back into the prop's hands off the cross bar to seal the result.

While the Kiwis dominated the match the Lions had started with plenty of fire.

An all-in-brawl threatened to erupt less than 10 minutes after kick-off when New Zealand centre Steve Matai objected to some rough treatment in a tackle and threw the ball at five-eighth Danny McGuire.

Lions centre Keith Senior rushed in and threw a punch at Matai, players from both sides embroiled in a brief push and shove.

Matai and Senior then both squared off seconds later, head-to-head and eyeballing each other prompting Australian referee Paul Simpkins to give both players a 10-minute breather to cool off.

Kiwis five-eighth Nigel Vagana restored order immediately after barging his way over from close range while Webb's first try in the 16th minute extended the home side's advantage.

Lions second-rower Gareth Ellis strolled over in the 20th after Vatuvei spilt a simple bomb, putting the visitors back into the contest at 10-4.

Great Britain was unfairly denied a try by the video referee just before half-time when it was ruled, after extensive slow-motion video review, wing Gareth Raynor had fumbled a grubber over the line.

The Lions now have just seven days to re-group and beat tournament favourite Australia, as they did last week in Sydney, to make the Tri-Nations final.

Referee: P Simpkins (Aus)
    At Westpac Stadium, Wellington.
    NEW ZEALAND 34 (B Webb 2, N Vagana, N Cayless, M Vatuvei, R Wiki tries; S Jones 5 conv)
    GREAT BRITAIN 4 (G Ellis try)
    AAP

Great job Kiwis

The only thing i hate more in this world than Kiwis, are Poms, I couldnt be happier,

We will roll the english next week, for the GF we both have been waiting for.

See ya in 2 weeks,
    This is what we both want

awww... whats wrong with the poms?

Titan First Grade Regular

Isn't there something against racial comments in the code of conduct?

I take some of these comments to the heart.

Btw - I have full belief that GB and I will not lose against the aussies.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    Isn't there something against racial comments in the code of conduct?

I take some of these comments to the heart.

Btw - I have full belief that GB and I will not lose against the aussies.
    i agree. hating anyone whether their pom or kiwi is quite personal and derogotary

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    SHOVE THAT UP YA GREAT BRITAIN!!! and all the Kiwis haters!!!

SHOWS YOU TO NOT BE CONFIDENT GOING INTO A GAME!!

Aww the Kiwi boys, so ****ing awesome!!....SO PROUD!!

Also to all the Bluey haters..STICK YOUR FINGER UP YOUR A*** AND ROTATE!!!

GO THE KIWIS!!!

<3
    IF this is the racial comment can someone please expalin to me how its racial.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    IF this is the racial comment can someone please expalin to me how its racial.
    dunno if its that one.
    i think its ones saying they hate the poms more than kiwis.
    dunno whether they meant it just footywise

Junior Titan

Talking Never Read To !!!!!!!

Thats It Never Read To Much Of What Anyone Says These Days Or Else You"ll End Up Going Crazy About Who"s Racist Or Whether That Comment Was Or Was"nt, So Get A Life Or Job Or A Hair Cut,whatever Floats Your Boat And Get Over It. As Far As The Tri-nations Go "kiwis All The Way".

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    dunno if its that one.
    i think its ones saying they hate the poms more than kiwis.
    dunno whether they meant it just footywise

If you ment my post, it was certainly just sport wise, as i sat here watching the game with my Best mate who is a Kiwi, and have other close friends that are poms

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    If you ment my post, it was certainly just sport wise, as i sat here watching the game with my Best mate who is a Kiwi, and have other close friends that are poms
    ok sorry about that