Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Junior Titan

I disagree with you GCDF

$295 a season equates to less than $25 a game

The taking out merchandise etc (worth approx $50)

it equates to less approx $20 a game

Then take into account all the extra benefits including Magazines/communication from the club, priority access for tickets to semi-finals, Preliminary Finals, Grand Finals, tests, origins etc etc As well as a guaranteed seat at the new Skilled Stadium.

Plus a priceless badge of honour being able to tell people (including afl members) that you are/were a first year member of the Gold Coast Titans.

You would be crazy to think that it is not value for money. Can I ask you what you believe would be the right price, considering all the costs involved, that would keep you happy but also return a profit to the club????

I think $295 is excellent.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

I don't think it's bad at all.

Although I understand the annoyance over the concrete seating. It's terrible. If you want to go in early and watch the curtin raisers.. your bum and back won't last to the end of the night. Which is why I really can't wait for the move to skilled park, it's gonna blow cararra outta the water. Might consider saving for a gold membership.. only have to pay concession price, which makes it easier.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    I disagree with you GCDF

$295 a season equates to less than $25 a game

The taking out merchandise etc (worth approx $50)

it equates to less approx $20 a game

Then take into account all the extra benefits including Magazines/communication from the club, priority access for tickets to semi-finals, Preliminary Finals, Grand Finals, tests, origins etc etc As well as a guaranteed seat at the new Skilled Stadium.

Plus a priceless badge of honour being able to tell people (including afl members) that you are/were a first year member of the Gold Coast Titans.

You would be crazy to think that it is not value for money. Can I ask you what you believe would be the right price, considering all the costs involved, that would keep you happy but also return a profit to the club????

I think $295 is excellent.
    ok lets work this out with the merchandise and compare to 3 other clubs
    1 Broncos a proper seat at suncorp 220 thats 20 a game
    2Bulldogs 155 and category 2 at telstra thats 14 a game
    3 Cowboys ga season pass 130 thats 11 a game
    and the titans want us to pay 295 working out at 26 a game for a general admission area on a concrete seat

all other clubs have cheaper ooptins and all of those clubs are a business that has to make a profit just like the titans
    Last edited by GoldCoastDogFan; 20-11-06 at 04:35 PM.

Just wondering - will the memberships/season passes cover the home games played at Suncorp?

It should, otherwise I would say that's just plain wrong

has anyone brought a membership yet i applied a fortnight ago for a gold membership and still havent heard nothing back

Titan One Clubman

Just interested to know if there will be a section for supporter groups? We have nothing "Official" with the Raiders but we do get discounted tickets in an allocated bay in the inner bowl of the stadium..

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie
    Just wondering - will the memberships/season passes cover the home games played at Suncorp?

It should, otherwise I would say that's just plain wrong
    I would suggest any membership would apply wherever the TITANS are the home team, regardless of the stadium, however DEEGAN would be better qualified to answer

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastDogFan
    ok lets work this out with the merchandise and compare to 3 other clubs
    1 Broncos a proper seat at suncorp 220 thats 20 a game
    2Bulldogs 155 and category 2 at telstra thats 14 a game
    3 Cowboys ga season pass 130 thats 11 a game
    and the titans want us to pay 295 working out at 26 a game for a general admission area on a concrete seat

all other clubs have cheaper ooptins and all of those clubs are a business that has to make a profit just like the titans
    $220 is the absolute minimum for a Broncos membership.

It is a reserved seat, in the worst part of stadium.

You could end up with a horrid seat and be stuck with it for the whole season.

Bulldogs are able to offer cheaper seating since they are paid by Telstra to have games there.

I am fairly certain that the seats at GC would be much better than Townsville, and that there would be a lot more cost involved playing at GC rather than Townsville!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    $220 is the absolute minimum for a Broncos membership.

It is a reserved seat, in the worst part of stadium.

You could end up with a horrid seat and be stuck with it for the whole season.

Bulldogs are able to offer cheaper seating since they are paid by Telstra to have games there.

I am fairly certain that the seats at GC would be much better than Townsville, and that there would be a lot more cost involved playing at GC rather than Townsville!
    compared to 295 a season to not get a seat and still have a horrid view of the games

A few things:

1. Your season pass from what I understand will cover your entry to Gold Coast Titans games scheduled for Suncorp Stadium.

2. The memberships are value for money as far as I am concerned given one season putting up with Cararra Stadium will see your loyalty rewarded with seats at Robina - a stadium that will be amongst the best in Australia. The Gold Coast Titans will not please everyone sadly when justifying "value for money".

3. More details are coming re: the supporters group.

regards,

I look forward to the Supporters group DeeGan, here's hoping it can service those who are outside of the GC and give us a great chance to support the Titans...

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    I look forward to the Supporters group DeeGan, here's hoping it can service those who are outside of the GC and give us a great chance to support the Titans...
    I agree
    Last edited by DeeGan; 22-11-06 at 10:54 AM.

Let's remember everyone's opinion here is welcomed whether you are agreeing with the member or not. The feedback I read here is contructive and whilst I do not necessarily agree with all of the feedback here, I assure you the administration reading the opinions expressed take it all on board.

Regards,

Junior Titan

Unhappy Agreed - too expensive - can someone answer me somethin though

I agree that the membership is a bit of a rip off. I compared it to ALL the other clubs and we have the most expensive "lowest" option membership in the country which includes reserved seating. Considering it's the teams first year and it's at carrara it's crappy. No offence.

Does anyone also know what happens in 2008 if i want to go with someone to a game that doesnt have memebership or that go membership at a different time from me. Will they sit somewhere else from me i.e do you have a guaranteed seat or just section as a member - if this person doesn't have membership can i sit with them in a certain area?

Dan

How long does it usually take for the application to be processed?

I understand these things take time, but the reason I ask is that with Christmas coming up, I was planning on getting some Titans gear as Christmas presents. I was hoping to use the 10% discount that comes as part of the package when purchasing them.
    Thanks.