Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    It might have been the way you said it on the BHQ forum. Its fine that you said your views or whatever, but the way you said it, is probably the reason.

Of course Broncos fans are going to be edgy about their team, you dont have to be a genius to figure that out.

I know the Broncos will lose a bit of support because of a new Titans team, but then again, if you can just switch temas, I dont think they were true supporters to begin with, so eh.
    Thats all why Broncos fans are touchy about the Titans.
    So I guess because I have adopted the Titans as my team of choice because finally I have a team from my city that I want to call my own, I wasn't a true Bronco fan for the last 15 years. I wonder if the Bronco's management considers the money I spent on supporters shirts, caps and seasons passes as true money. I bet they do!

For the record, I was a true Bronco supporter in every aspect. I am now a true Titan supporter. I will still support the Broncos in all their games, except when they play the Titans.
    I don't suddenly feel anything less for the Broncos, I just now have a team that truly represents me and my city.

It's like any business, the Broncos will fight to protect their bottom-line and market share for both will surely reduce with the arrival of the Titans.

Angry

Honestly people shouldn't be so picky about people switching teams.

This is Queensland a proud rugby league state with a rich history. But can we support any of those old clubs in the NRL? No.

Are those clubs even part of the premier competition? No, but NSW's are.

Infact my cherished club is dead now, the proudest and most glorious club. The original Queensland rugby league club founded in 1909 with 24 premierships under its belt (Including 1988, 1989 and 1990), the Valleys Diehards.

The Gold Coast and South Queensland were killed off and what options were left to rugby league fans? Support the Broncos or don't support rugby league.

Now a lot of people support a club not just cause of the pretty colours, geographic location and players. I support a club because of what it stands for.

And the Broncos don't stand for what I want my club to stand for. Look at what they did during Super League and their hand in the downfall of the Chargers and Crushers. You can't blame people for not liking the Broncos or switching to a long awaited and much needed new NRL club.

I used to be the biggest Broncos fan, but I'm infinitely more a fan of rugby league and I woke up to myself and now I am at home with the Gold Coast.

And people are entitled to support who they want with no flak. This isn't NSW where families can follow the same team for generations, or have a team representing their shire or suburb or have a heap of teams to choose from inititally and settle into it. This is Queensland the best rugby league state in the world, whose rugby league culture has been scorched and robbed over the years. We have never been able to let our competition or clubs nationally progress, they also had to battle the cashed up NSW clubs with pokies for players, then when the NSW try to go more national, we get a franchise in the Broncos leap frogging the existing clubs, though we got the Coast as well, then the Broncos strip Wally of captaincy and kick him out, then they instigate the Super League war that ruined the game, then undermine the Chargers and Crushers so there is no competition in their market. So after all that turbulant times, Queensland rugby league fans have to be pigeon holed into two categories, Cowboys or Broncos fan? Both owned by the same media organisation that was Super League.

You can not blame A LOT of people running and embracing the Gold Coast and they don't deserve one bit of flak for it...
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 15-11-06 at 02:41 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD

This is Queensland a proud rugby league state with a rich history. But can we support any of those old clubs in the NRL? No.

The Gold Coast and South Queensland were killed off and what options were left to rugby league fans? Support the Broncos or don't support rugby league.

Now a lot of people support a club not just cause of the pretty colours, geographic location and players. I support a club because of what it stands for.

And the Broncos don't stand for what I want my club to stand for. Look at what they did during Super League and their hand in the downfall of the Chargers and Crushers. You can't blame people for not liking the Broncos or switching to a long awaited and much needed new NRL club.

I used to be the biggest Broncos fan, but I'm infinitely more a fan of rugby league and I woke up to myself and now I am at home with the Gold Coast.

And people are entitled to support who they want with no flak. This isn't NSW where families can follow the same team for generations, or have a team representing their shire or suburb or have a heap of teams to choose from inititally and settle into it. This is Queensland the best rugby league state in the world, whose rugby league culture has been scorched and robbed over the years. We have never been able to let our competition or clubs nationally progress, they also had to battle the cashed up NSW clubs with pokies for players, then when the NSW try to go more national, we get a franchise in the Broncos leap frogging the existing clubs, though we got the Coast as well, then the Broncos strip Wally of captaincy and kick him out, then they instigate the Super League war that ruined the game, then undermine the Chargers and Crushers so there is no competition in their market. So after all that turbulant times, Queensland rugby league fans have to be pigeon holed into two categories, Cowboys or Broncos fan? Both owned by the same media organisation that was Super League.

You can not blame A LOT of people running and embracing the Gold Coast and they don't deserve one bit of flak for it...
    LOVE your work

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD

Infact my cherished club is now, the proudest and most glorious club. The original Queensland rugby league club founded in 1909 with 24 premierships under its belt (Including 1988, 1989 and 1990), the Valleys Diehards.

Excellent post DieHard