Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Ale Panther
    the crowd at suncorp WILL exceed the capacity of that disaster at Carrara. you will also win over some Brizzy fans, you will also sell heaps more merch, there is NO negative here ! i travel to Penrith from Brizz 3 times a year to watch the Panthers, and your saying alot of people won't drive an hr or 2 up the freeway or get on a train ? :whatd: :whatd:
    Thats right...We go to the Sunshine Coast every wednesday (work related)
    It takes 45 mins to Brisbane! Peesa Cake! straight up the M1!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Junior Titan

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the Titans playing their first NRL game at Suncorp. The crowd will be huge. I know heaps of footy fans here on the coast and NOT ONE has said that they disagree with the Titans decision. If anything, playing the Dragons at Suncorp has generated much more hype and my mail is that it will be a full house. Personally i think that the entire Titans management, including the players and fans deserve to enter the NRL running out onto the best stadium in Australia in front of a massive 52000 crowd and a few million on TV. Compare this to running onto the WORST stadium in Australia in front of a maximum capacity crowd of 17000. Doesn't compare does it??

Quote Originally Posted by dean
    I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the Titans playing their first NRL game at Suncorp. The crowd will be huge. I know heaps of footy fans here on the coast and NOT ONE has said that they disagree with the Titans decision. If anything, playing the Dragons at Suncorp has generated much more hype and my mail is that it will be a full house. Personally i think that the entire Titans management, including the players and fans deserve to enter the NRL running out onto the best stadium in Australia in front of a massive 52000 crowd and a few million on TV. Compare this to running onto the WORST stadium in Australia in front of a maximum capacity crowd of 17000. Doesn't compare does it??
    fair point it convinced me

Quote Originally Posted by dean
    Good post Dean..Spot on! Thats the way i hear it to! And Carrara is no place to have our First home Game thats for sure!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

not to mention it will make it a bit easier to get tickets now there's double the capacity.

but yeah.. it's a one off... this is our grand entrance, who cares if it's at suncorp! we'll be at carara soon enough.

Suncorp is a much better venue for their first game, like dean said, it would be pretty crap for them to run out on front of 17000 for their first game. A bigger stadium = more crowd...more crowd = more titan supporters...more Titan supporters = the better chance we have of taking out the dragons!!!!!! GO THE TITANS!!!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Junior Titan

I have been to most NRL games played at Cararra in the last few years and i can honestly say that it is the WORST ground to watch League in Australia.Even with a mere 14000 fans it is busting at the seams and if you do not have a seat in the stands forget it. The view of the game from outer ground is hopeless, and if you take the kids they won't see a thing. At least by showcasing our entry to the NRL at Suncorp Stadium every person including the kids will have a great seat to welcome the Mighty Titans into the NRL. It will be an experience that not one Titan supporter will ever forget.

Quote Originally Posted by qld power
    skilled stadium is aka robina stadium due to be done by season 2008
    Skilled Stadium is in Geelong Victoria - Robina Stadium is going to be known as Skilled Park.

Oh and as a northern Coast supporter I don't really care where the game is played but at least I know I have a chance of getting tickets to the first game if it is at the 50,000 seat Suncorp Stadium! I'll be at the game on Sunday not Friday night. Go the Titans

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    not to mention it will make it a bit easier to get tickets now there's double the capacity.

but yeah.. it's a one off... this is our grand entrance, who cares if it's at suncorp! we'll be at carara soon enough.
    Yes i totally agree...Embrace the first game of "The Titans" enjoy the whole NEW Kid On The Block experience! We cant wait!But it will be better at Suncorp, because Carrara wont hold the crowd who want to attend the 1st game!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Rivalry stays on field
    Mick Daly
    November 09, 2006 11:00pm

THE Titans have hosed down suggestions of tension with the Broncos over the new NRL club's reported desire to kick off next year's premiership.

NRL chief executive David Gallop yesterday confirmed the Gold Coast would host St George Illawarra in a blockbuster round 1 clash at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, March 16.
    It had been speculated the Titans hoped to open the season against the Dragons on the Friday night, but that privilege has been given to premiers the Broncos, who will take on arch rivals the Cowboys at home in the traditional clash of the Queenslanders.

The Broncos had feared they would be left up to $250,000 out of pocket if the NRL opted to start the season with the Titans-Dragons match, believing thousands of fans would choose the historic nature of the game over the Cowboys clash.

But Titans chief executive Michael Searle last night denied the club had sought the Friday night slot.

He said he had phoned Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen two weeks ago to reassure him the Titans were pushing for a Sunday afternoon debut.

"It appeared things had been misinterpreted and I just wanted to set the record straight," Searle said.

"We've got no issues with the Broncos at all. There might be a perception that there is some great rivalry between the clubs and on the field I'm sure that will be the case.

"But off the field, the administrations get on fine.

"No one wants to see league lose ground to the other football codes and I think both clubs realise the entry of the Gold Coast into the comp has helped increase interest in the game in Queensland."

Searle said the Titans were pleased with the Sunday afternoon scheduling as it gave fans more time to travel to the Brisbane venue.

He said the Dragons also enjoyed massive support in Queensland, giving the Titans confidence the first game would be a 52,000 sell-out.

"We are more than happy to be playing on the Sunday. It suits us fine," Searle said.

"There might have been transport issues had it been a Friday night game.

"We are thrilled to be playing the Dragons. They are a club steeped in history and they have a huge traditional fan base.

"We hope it will be the beginning of a long and intense rivalry with them."

Gallop also announced the NRL season launch would be held outside Sydney for the first time, with a lavish event set down for March 14 at Surfers Paradise.

It is believed Channel Nine's The Footy Show will telecast live from the Gold Coast on March 15, while the network's Today program could also air from the tourist strip.

"It will be grand final week in March," Searle said.
    Source: GC Bulletin

Sheesh the Broncos are a bunch of sooks. Worried about their game being "punted" to Sunday afternoon? Isn't Sunday afternoon traditionally the prime time for Rugby League? And haven't the Bronocos virtually sold out Suncorp the last two seasons against the Cowboys in round 1 ON A SUNDAY? And one more question: when will the Cowboys ever get to host the round 1 blockbuster?

Jason
    Last edited by Steel Dragon; 10-11-06 at 02:45 PM.
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon
    Sheesh the Broncos are a bunch of sooks. Worried about their game being "punted" to Sunday afternoon? Isn't Sunday afternoon traditionally the prime time for Rugby League? And haven't the Bronocos virtually sold out Suncorp the last two seasons against the Cowboys in round 1 ON A SUNDAY? And one more question: when will the Cowboys ever get to host the round 1 blockbuster?

Jason
    last time the cowboys did was 2001 i think

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon

Jason
    i could be wrong here - but i remember reading something about the broncos v cowboys matches - they have a handshake agreement to to play at suncorp round one (if the nrl gives them it) and the 2nd game at dairy farmers.
    and if they ONLY meet ONCE - the game will be at suncorp.

Quote Originally Posted by ..::Coops::..
    i could be wrong here - but i remember reading something about the broncos v cowboys matches - they have a handshake agreement to to play at suncorp round one (if the nrl gives them it) and the 2nd game at dairy farmers.
    and if they ONLY meet ONCE - the game will be at suncorp.
    Hmm that sounds like the Broncos now doesnt it, doing there best for Queensland :ok:

by having the one game at suncorp it means almost twice as many fans are able to attend. (and it's not like the broncos are forcing the cowboys or anything - they BOTH agreed to it - obviously if cowboys had a problem they wouldn't agree to it in the first place)

are you saying that if the broncos and titans only played once a yr, you would rather it be played at robina than suncorp ?