Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Fien Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Ale Panther
    roll this around in your head aswell, a way around the whole Origin thing is to let the Kiwi boys play origin ? then the likes of Hunt and Tahu could still play for NZ ? just a thought..............
    No thanks it should be an Aussie thing only not an international thing. Who cares about fien though he played origin so IMO he should be playing for Australia.
    They should use this as an example and fix it as this is pretty darn embarrasing.

Heres another Idea if you play origin you should be playing for Australia and not for any other nation.
    Can you imagine if it was Steve Price instead of Fien

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    No thanks it should be an Aussie thing only not an international thing. Who cares about fien though he played origin so IMO he should be playing for Australia.
    They should use this as an example and fix it as this is pretty darn embarrasing.

Heres another Idea if you play origin you should be playing for Australia and not for any other nation.
    Can you imagine if it was Steve Price instead of Fien

all true G, but do we want good international footy or just a good tribal aussie comp ? if Hunt could play Origin but still play for the Kiwis, the need to draft poor Nathan into the side would not be needed ? i think Origin would still be great, imagine SBW, Benji and players like that ? it would only add to the game, we would prob only have a handfull in there anyways, ? and the Kiwi side would benifit from it aswell :noidea:

all true G, but do we want good international footy or just a good tribal aussie comp ? if Hunt could play Origin but still play for the Kiwis, the need to draft poor Nathan into the side would not be needed ? i think Origin would still be great, imagine SBW, Benji and players like that ? it would only add to the game, we would prob only have a handfull in there anyways, ? and the Kiwi side would benifit from it aswell :noidea:
    The kiwis will be getting there type of origin shortly plus they are going to play GB on a yearly basis.

Origin would loose its meaning a bit its like sending Aussie players into the Haka who have no N.Z heritage what so ever it looses its meaning dont it.

IMO id hate to see origin include internationals as this is one thing in RL id like to see Australian.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    what did he say?
    I can't really remember, but he was certain the NZRL were in the right, blah blah blah. Just ended up sounding like a complete and utter idiot imo.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by patrick
    I was just thinking, what if NZ offered Steve Price a go with them, because he plays for the Warriors and has lived there for a few years now. That would be terrible.
    Um, we don't need Steve Price lol, and theres no way he'd play for us. He said ages ago on the tadio he'd never play for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Um, we don't need Steve Price lol, and theres no way he'd play for us. He said ages ago on the tadio he'd never play for anyone else.
    plus id rather him stay for queensland lol hes a very good prop.
    in fact excellent prop

Titan Club Captain

Ima glad Nathan Fien is prepared to not play for until next year, instead of us getting docked points.

And I was watching the news, and a couple of GB players were saying they would rather get to the final having earned it, not just put there, and one of them said about Fien "its not like he was superman and scored 65 tries"..which they are both correct.

Oh and on the whole "if you have kiwi blood in you, you should be able to play for them" thing, if thats the way, I could also play for Scottland or Dutch lol. :|

Ima glad Nathan Fien is prepared to not play for until next year, instead of us getting docked points.

And I was watching the news, and a couple of GB players were saying they would rather get to the final having earned it, not just put there, and one of them said about Fien "its not like he was superman and scored 65 tries"..which they are both correct.

Oh and on the whole "if you have kiwi blood in you, you should be able to play for them" thing, if thats the way, I could also play for Scottland or Dutch lol. :|
    Good call good call 3 cheers 4 Go the doggies

and then to play for Australia and Qld again ? Mr T. Carroll ! :noidea: :noidea:

look, the guy lives in NZ, his daughter was born there, he was never going to play for Australia, :yell: LET HIM PLAY :yell: i do agree you should be only able to play International football for one country, roll this around in your head aswell, a way around the whole Origin thing is to let the Kiwi boys play origin ? then the likes of Hunt and Tahu could still play for NZ ? just a thought..............
    Um I don't know if you know this Pale Ale Panther sir but Timanu James Tahu was born in Victoria, Australia so even thou his name sounds like a moari god he is a tru blue green & gold aussies. just thought you would like to know this in further threads on the best footy forums in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP
    Um I don't know if you know this Pale Ale Panther sir but Timanu James Tahu was born in Victoria, Australia so even thou his name sounds like a moari god he is a tru blue green & gold aussies. just thought you would like to know this in further threads on the best footy forums in the world.

Cool, didn't know that, thanks for the info, dosen't change the theme of what i was saying though, ? and no need for the "Sir" comment its nice and all, but i'm not used to it, i usually get stupid or things more colourfull..... so dose "RIP" mean your on the central coast of NSW ? the best name for a league side since the Panthers.....

nah man sorry it's my 2nd ever nick name I thought it was my 1st but l8r found out it wasn't & not a central coast fan neither even thou they got ripped off by manly but still I rather some where else to put an extra team in the comp. but still a nice place here & there. so why pale ale panther is it a drink there? :beer: & will we c u at the suncorpse (Lang Park) in march around the 12th sometime? & i agree full on about if a queenslander wish 2 play for queensland & kiwis as i would love to do if i was a great league player.

Titan Club Captain

Umm, Pricey was saying how Fien has more Kiwi blood and herritage in him, then what Karmichael Hunt, and Antonio Kaufusi have Australian blood and herritage.

Just thought I would add that

And also that my hate for Selwyn Bennett is growing even more by the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by RIP
    nah man sorry it's my 2nd ever nick name I thought it was my 1st but l8r found out it wasn't & not a central coast fan neither even thou they got ripped off by manly but still I rather some where else to put an extra team in the comp. but still a nice place here & there. so why pale ale panther is it a drink there? :beer: & will we c u at the suncorpse (Lang Park) in march around the 12th sometime? & i agree full on about if a queenslander wish 2 play for queensland & kiwis as i would love to do if i was a great league player.

clear you Private messages ?

Titan First Grade Regular

Umm, Pricey was saying how Fien has more Kiwi blood and herritage in him, then what Karmichael Hunt, and Antonio Kaufusi have Australian blood and herritage.

Just thought I would add that

And also that my hate for Selwyn Bennett is growing even more by the day!!
    Let me understand this

Fiens parents are Australian

Fiens maternal and Paternal Grand Parents are Australian

Fiens Great Grand Parents are Australian except for one Great Grand Mother

Making him 6.75% New Zealand, that makes him 93.25% Australian in my book.

Fien was born in QLD

Raised in QLD, never lived in NZ

Played all his League in Australia, represented QLD

Yeah sounds like a New Zealander to me.

It is like me claiming that i am Danish because my Danish Family went to Britain in the 1300's, that is sheer lunacy.

he lives there now, his daughter was born there, in less than 12months he will be naturalised, so i'd say right at this piont he is more Kiwi than Aussie,

if he was to say he's sorry, would he be picked for Australia ? :yell: NO :yell: ! so let the poor guy get on with it !