Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

And here we have it, the Broncos home jersey for 2007...unfortunately it is only a drawning not an actual picture.

JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    And here we have it, the Broncos home jersey for 2007...unfortunately it is only a drawning not an actual picture.

You must be kidding that can't be an accurate drawing! Where is the design/patterns ?!?

Hopefully this is just a random drawing done for a advertisement.......

Yea a bit of an anti climax....especially for the 20th season.

I am nearly entirely certain that this is the real deal. Also notice it has the same collar as the Bulldogs Nike jersey.

Although we should be due to see a brand new away jersey....please let it be so!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 11-02-07 at 10:36 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Yea a bit of an anti climax....especially for the 20th season.

I am nearly entirely certain that this is the real deal. Also notice it has the same collar as the Bulldogs Nike jersey.

Although we should be due to see a brand new away jersey....please let it be so!
    The Bulldogs and Broncos designs are pretty much a copy of each other just with different colours..... :dead:

Hopefully the Broncos away jersey gets the retro treatment for the 20th season.

That better not be it!!
    its basically the same as last year & the year before that & the year before that etc. !!!!!
    where is the white?!?!
    please dont be it!!
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy Half
    That better not be it!!
    its basically the same as last year & the year before that & the year before that etc. !!!!!
    where is the white?!?!
    please dont be it!!
    -
    I'm with you. I was expecting something a little more impressive and old school. With the old colours maroon, gold and white.

This looks like a rehash done in someone's lunch time...

Extract from Courier Mail newsarticle:

The Broncos will finalise their squad for the World Club Challenge tour today, when they will also unveil a new jersey.
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html

At least we have something to look forward to.

this also has the team for the WCC

New look for premiers

February 12, 2007 01:00pm
    Article from: AAP

THE Brisbane Broncos today unveiled a revolutionary new jumper and shorts made by their sponsors Nike.
    The lighter jersey features a tacky grip panel on the upper arm area to help players hold the football.

The shorts feature a chamois panel at the rear to allow players to wipe their hands.

Broncos captain Darren Lockyer will take a full-strength squad to the UK to play English Super League champions St Helens in the World Club Challenge.

After playing a crucial hand in Queensland's State Of Origin comeback, Brisbane's premiership win over Melbourne and Australia's last gasp win over New Zealand in the Tri Nations final, Lockyer is keen to add the title of world club champions to his remarkable run.

Coach Wayne Bennett today named an 18-man squad which included 14 members of last October's grand final side plus Kiwi international Tame Tupou, winger Steve Michaels, hooker Michael Ennis and utility Greg Eastwood.

The squad flies out tomorrow and will play a warm-up match against Welsh club Celtic Crusaders in Brigend on Thursday night before heading to Manchester for a week long camp.

The premiers play St Helens at Bolton's Reebok Stadium on February 23.

The Broncos' touring squad is:

Darren Lockyer (capt), Shaun Berrigan, Darius Boyd, Dane Carlaw, Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Greg Eastwood, Michael Ennis, Ben Hannant, Justin Hodges, Karmichael Hunt, Steve Michaels, Corey Parker, Shane Perry, Brent Tate, Sam Thaiday, Brad Thorn, Tame Tupou.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

the broncos new jersey

Last edited by s_s_s; 12-02-07 at 04:26 PM.

I'm a WILDLIFE WARRIOR for life
    s_s_s/Erin Roderick ? 2008. Posts must not be reproduced or published in any form without my express prior consent.

What is the relevance of Berrigan holding their old jersey? Just to show that the new one is absolutely nothing like it and the designers strayed away from any sort of nostalgic, old school look?

It appears to me they've just added a couple features to the old jerseys and shorts that only players will notice. Maybe the grip stuff will help the fans on their trip from the bar carrying back the tinnies.

Disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Not such a bad jersey, im pretty unimpressed though.

That triangle in the collar just should'nt be. I don't think nike has the right idea and i'm not looking forward to the bulldogs jersey...

Do we need all the grip and features on the jerseys? We'll end up looking like the footy players in America soon.

Description:
    Ergon Energy Broncos captain Darren Lockyer tried on the club?s 2007 jersey for the first time today and was very impressed.

After a long period of consultation with club apparel sponsor Nike, the 2006 premiers will this year wear a jersey that includes innovations never seen before in the NRL.

Topping the list is a chamois panel on the back of the shorts that players will use to dry their hands during a match.

Also aiding handling is a ?gripper print? covering the pectoral and upper arm area where a player generally carries the ball.

In addition, this jersey is 20 per cent lighter than the 2006 Broncos jersey.

Nike Dri-fit panels down the jersey and shorts allow the clothing to mould to the form of the body, while a tight neckline reduces the risk of players being tackled around the collar.

Lockyer said the jersey was one of the most streamlined he had ever worn.

?It is very form fitting, which will make it harder for tacklers to grab us by the jersey,?? he said.

?The chamois panel will also be very useful during a match, especially for players like myself, who handle the ball constantly and need to keep their hands as dry as possible.?

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen said he was excited about the new look the club had, with the 2007 jersey taking on a new appearance with the addition of sponsors Toyota and WOW Sight and Sound.

Toyota?s logo will appear on the back of the jersey, while WOW Sight and Sound have come on board with the premiers as sleeve sponsor for 2007.

?I think the new strip looks smart, is innovative and should help the players perform at their best,? said Cullen.

The Broncos will use the new jersey for the first time when they play a trial match in Wales on Thursday, with Australian viewers to get their first look when the February 23 World Club Challenge match against St Helens is broadcast back to Australia.

Just on the pics AJEB posted (good find too btw) is it just me or is that looking further from maroon and closer to purple? That triangle on the neck looks silly, and the yellow strip at the bottom of the shorts just look really .. I dunno, girly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Just on the pics AJEB posted (good find too btw) is it just me or is that looking further from maroon and closer to purple? That triangle on the neck looks silly, and the yellow strip at the bottom of the shorts just look really .. I dunno, girly?
    I agree, it does look quite purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    The Bulldogs and Broncos designs are pretty much a copy of each other just with different colours..... :dead:

Hopefully the Broncos away jersey gets the retro treatment for the 20th season.
    yah im with u and the away retro one loved the yellow one they had for the return of the broncos when they play for the first time at the rufrbished suncorp stadium

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX