Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kaufusi ruled out of Kangaroos Test
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 1:08 PM

Antonio Kaufusi has been ruled out of the Australian team for Saturday night's Tri-Nations rugby league Test against Great Britain with a minor hamstring strain.

Coach Ricky Stuart had named the Melbourne Storm forward on his interchange bench for the Aussie Stadium clash but was forced to replace him with Sam Thaiday when he suffered his injury at training.

Australian team: Karmichael Hunt, Brent Tate, Mark Gasnier, Jamie Lyon, Greg Inglis, Darren Lockyer (capt), Ben Hornby, Mark O'Meley, Shaun Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, Willie Mason, Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Cameron Smith, Anthony Tupou, Brent Kite, Sam Thaiday.

Source: AAP

Sam Thaiday.

Good news for Australia, very bad news for the Poms!!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Lions
    1. Paul Wellens
    2. Brian Carney
    3. Keith Senior
    4. Kirk Yeaman
    5. Leon Pryce
    6. Danny McGuire
    7. Sean Long
    8. Stuart Fielden
    9. Terry Newton
    10. Jamie Pea**** (c)
    11. Gareth Ellis
    12. Gareth Hock
    13. Sean O'Loughlin

Interchange:
    14. James Roby
    15. Adrian Morley
    16. Lee Gilmour
    17. Jon Wilkin
    Source: www.nrl.com

Good to see Yeaman in the centres. Good move.

Also I think moving Morley to the bench was the correct idea.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Ill be supporting australia but i have this feeling i hope great britian win

The Aussie team is a very different looking one! I hope it all works out, Berrigan I think will do a great job at hooker and I'm sure Brent Tate will have a good game at centre, however i would have liked to see Hodges at the other centre.

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan Club Captain

No offence, but does anyone care about this game?

I have heard absolutely nothing about this game, nothing at all.

Well since Mcguire ios out i doubt they will win now but the only thing ive heard all week is the lions talk them selves up and leyon price saying Australia is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    No offence, but does anyone care about this game?

I have heard absolutely nothing about this game, nothing at all.

It has just been all over the papers all week...
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 03-11-06 at 02:17 PM.

Titan Club Captain

It seems like the media just don't seem interested :|..*sigh* i had planned on cheering on either GB, or a draw, but I gotta change my plans now don't i!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    It seems like the media just don't seem interested :|..*sigh* i had planned on cheering on either GB, or a draw, but I gotta change my plans now don't i!!!
    I could get a few articles if you want. I really should go get what leon pryce said and then get Brian Fletchers reply but its just been stuart throwing stones At N.Z and GB talking themselves up.

Hiding behind a hitman

The whingeing Pom with the biggest mouth in international rugby league went into hiding yesterday after his scathing attack on Australia and one of our most famous landmarks.

As Sydney bathed in 30-plus temperatures on a glorious spring afternoon, Leon Pryce did his best to duck the controversy as he used big Adrian Morley as a virtual bodyguard.

Suddenly, the motor-mouthed Pom had nothing to say, refusing to stand by his comments or answer questions.

And when contacted at his team motel in beautiful Manly, Pryce didn't even have the decency to offer a polite hello ? or goodbye.

Pryce caused a furore this week by declaring: "I'd much rather be back in Bradford. I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

But last night Morley would not allow anyone near Pryce when Great Britain attended a private function at the British Consulate residence in Vaucluse.

Morley, despite living in Sydney for more than five years, refused to defend his former residence.

"I don't really think I can comment on any of that," he said.

Great Britain coach Brian Noble tried to laugh off the controversy, saying Pryce was simply being cheeky.

"It's not like you people (the media) to take one word and turn it into 5000," Noble said.

"It's been nice and spicy but I think it was said a little tongue-in-cheek.

"I'm a proud Bradford man myself ? it's not all about riots.

"But it (the comments) has raised the ante a little. We're proud people and we're a proud race."

Noble defended Blackpool's famous beach, saying: "It's absolutely outstanding ? there are miles and miles of golden sand," he said.

And it appears Pryce isn't the only homesick Great Britain player on tour.

The Daily Telegraph understands many more have complained about being bored at Manly, saying there is nothing to do and that they are tired of walking up and down the famous Corso.

Noble and team manager Abi Ekoku denied players were restless but a number of sources have told The Daily Telegraph the player's want to return home.

A source close to the Pommy camp said: "They claim there is nothing to do. They are saying: 'How long to go' and 'How long do we have to stay here for'?"

Manly Mayor Peter Macdonald said Manly offered 96 licensed restaurants, five pubs, nightclubs, art galleries and libraries.

"There is sun, surf and sand here in Manly ? frankly they should wake up to themselves," Macdonald said.

"They strike me as being a gormless bunch if they can't find anything to do in Manly." Ekoku denied his players were walking around aimlessly.

"This tour is something you look forward to ? not something you dread," he said.

Source: Daily Tele

Talking

There has been some hilarious articles in the papers comparing Australia to England ala Pryce. :naughty:

Filthy Fletcher adds to Blackpool stink with dirty jibe
    November 3, 2006

BRYAN Fletcher says he would take Bondi over Blackpool any day, describing Leon Pryce's favourite seaside town as dirty.

Pryce's Great Britain teammates yesterday said the winger was "surprised" by the Australian reaction to his website tour diary, in which he said Australians had no respect for the English, the Tri-Nations' host country was "not all it's made out to be", and he preferred Blackpool beach to Bondi.

But as the stink made headlines in the UK, Fletcher, who left Bondi for Wigan this year, waded in, saying: "I went to Blackpool - me and the missus. We got there and the wife said, 'Pick the baby up, I don't want her walking on the footpath'.

"All the hen's nights and buck's nights go there. We were there on Sunday morning, and they were all going home. I've never seen that type of people. It's so dirty. And the beach - you've got your sand, but the water's edge is about a kilometre out to sea. It's just ****house."

Pryce's GB teammate Adrian Morley, who has also sampled both Bondi and Blackpool, said the St Helens player was merely attempting to give the English public a "shot in the arm" with his bbc.co.uk diary.

"I'm surprised how much attention it's got," said Morley, the former Rooster. "He was just trying to give the public in England a bit of a boost, but it's all blown up in his face. It's ridiculous."

But was the Pryce right? "They've both got their high points and their low points," Morley said diplomatically.

Morley, meanwhile, said he was not fazed by his demotion to the Lions bench for Saturday night's clash with the Australians.

"It's easily a 17-man game nowadays," he said. "The coach [Brian Noble] has told me I'll have the same amount of game time as the other two front-rowers.

"He just said he wanted to play Jamie Pea**** as an out-and-out front-rower. Two into three doesn't go. I respect the coach's decision. Jamie's the captain. Stuart [Fielden] had a reasonably quiet game compared to his own high standards and he [Noble] is looking for a big starting game off Stu."

Glenn Jackson
    Source:smh

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    I could get a few articles if you want. I really should go get what leon pryce said and then get Brian Fletchers reply but its just been stuart throwing stones At N.Z and GB talking themselves up.
    **** I hate ricky stuart. God, I prefered it when Wayne Bennet was coach, he didn't say anything in the media!!. Ricky Stuart makes me so angry.