Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    mate im assuming these are the usual high school parties that happen everywhere where the kids are still experimenting with alcohol and still cannot handle it at all

Or really sad people in their 20's & 30's who have nothing better to do.. :fence:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie

Or really sad people in their 20's & 30's who have nothing better to do.. :fence:
    no i lookied at his profile and he is still at high school age

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    no i lookied at his profile and he is still at high school age

Nah I meant that there could be people in their 20's & 30's doing this. Perhaps even older.

That's all.

Here, have some donuts They're cinnamon, and yummy!

Titan First Grade Regular

As i said in a previous thread Schapelle Corby and the Bali nine deserve everything they get, i have no sympathy for them.cya.

Question

Schapelle 'humiliated' by magazine gossip

By Roberta Mancuso

November 14, 2006 12:00
    Article from: AAP

CONVICTED drug smuggler Schapelle Corby says she's humiliated and crushed over "degrading" gossip being written about her.

In an interview for The Bulletin magazine this week, Corby describes stories in women's gossip magazines about her as complete fiction.

?I've been a prostitute, I have jail lovers, I'm now a ****, a weirdo, all these horrible things printed about me and it's not true,? she said.

New Idea reported Corby had a ?secret jail lover? while Woman's Day claimed she had a love affair with Bali Nine ringleader Andrew Chan.

?The whole nation, my home, reading degrading gossip ... it crushes me and devastates me,? Corby said, questioning where she was supposed to have sex in the crowded and filthy jail she was being held in.

?I will never understand why this constant degrading of me goes on.

?I've been humiliated ? exceedingly ? way over the normal limits of life's humiliations.

?I have a 20-year sentence. I've been hurt beyond belief. Why do these people keep attacking me, insulting me? I won't be quiet and stand for it any longer. This is why I've written a book.?

Corby, 29, is serving a 20-year sentence in Bali's Kerobokan Prison for smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis inside a boogie board bag in October 2004.

Her book, My Story, was co-written by former TV producer Kathryn Bonella and is based on a series of secret interviews Bonella conducted with Corby inside the jail.

In the Bulletin article, written by Bonella, Corby described Kerobokan as a ?soul-sucking dump? and did not want anyone to think her life was in any way OK.

?I may wear make-up and I may look OK but I'm not OK,? she said.

?I'm hanging on tightly to a knot at the end of a rope and I know I could slip off anytime.?

Corby, who has maintained her innocence, said she was hopeful ?the person who did this? would finally speak out and the Federal Government would do more to help.

?This is slowly killing me, I am losing who I am,? she said.

?I don't want to be lonely anymore. I want this heartache to be over. I want to live again.?

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

COURIER MAIL
    AFP could seize Corby book profits

November 27, 2006 03:15pm

CONVICTED drug smuggler Schapelle Corby might make lots of money from her book but she may never get to see any of it.
    Justice Minister Chris Ellison today confirmed proceeds from sale of the book - titled My Story - could be confiscated under Commonwealth proceeds of crime legislation.

"This is a matter which is being looked at. It is something which is being considered by the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) and the Australian Federal Police," he said.

"The legislation that we have put in place does provide for literary proceeds which relate to criminal activity to be seized or an application to be made for a seizure of those proceeds."

Corby, 29, is currently in Bali's Kerobokan Prison, where she is serving a 20-year sentence for smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis inside a bodyboard bag in October 2004.

Her case attracted wide interest and her book has proved an immediate bestseller with more than 17,000 copies sold in its first eight days on sale.

Senator Ellison declined to comment further.

He said he had no role or involvement in the case.

"Any action that may or may not be taken is not one for the Government. It is one to be taken by the AFP and DPP," he said.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

One month down, 211 to go for Corby
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN
    26Dec06

THE families of convicted drug traffickers Schapelle Corby and Renae Lawrence have welcomed a one-month cut to the pair's jail terms but wish it could be more.

Corby and Lawrence are serving 20-year sentences at Kerkobokan prison where the Indonesian Ministry of Human Rights and Justice decrees announcing the remission were stuck on the walls yesterday.

Corby, a former Gold Coast beauty course student, was jailed for smuggling 4.1kg of cannabis into Bali while Lawrence was sentenced for trying to smuggle 8.3kg of heroin to Australia.

Prison governor Ilham Djaya said they deserved the one-month remission because they had behaved well and, as prisoners, it was their right.

Corby's family in Queensland wished their loved one could be home sooner.

Some family members had visited her in prison over the weekend and would do so again in the days after Christmas.

Her sister Mercedes, who has returned to Australia for the birth of her third child, welcomed the sentence reduction but said the family hoped Corby would be released on appeal.

"We're not thinking there's 20 years or there's 17 to go -- we just hope she'll be home soon," she said.

"But it's sad because we're not with Schapelle today."

Lawrence's mother, Beverley Waterman, had family and friends over for Christmas lunch at her home near Newcastle.

"Any remission is greatly accepted but, obviously, I'm hoping that she gets a lot more of them," said Ms Waterman.

She said she had spoken to her daughter who was in 'pretty good spirits'. "It's very sad (to not have her home for Christmas)," said Ms Waterman.

"Obviously, she's very sad as well but we just make the best of the situation."

Lawrence is the only member of the Bali Nine to get remission. Her fellow drug smugglers are not eligible because they are serving life terms or are sentenced to death.

Corby is due for release in July, 2024, while Lawrence's sentence runs until July, 2025.

Lawrence has accepted her sentence but Corby is appealing against her conviction.

Remission for prisoners in Indonesia is granted twice a year: on Independence Day in August and on holy days according to the convict's religion.

The Indonesian and Australian governments are drafting a prisoner exchange program.

It was due to have been signed this month but was postponed until next year.

If the agreement is signed, the prisoners can serve their sentence in their own country.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Court justifies Bali nine death sentence

By Olivia Rondonuwu in Jakarta

December 27, 2006 09:16pm

COURIER MAIL
    THE Indonesian Supreme Court today revealed its reasons for increasing the sentence of Australian drug mule Scott Rush to death.

On August 31, Indonesia's highest court on August 31 ordered Rush be executed after he appealed against his original life term.

The court today gave its reasons for upgrading the 21-year-old Brisbane heroin smuggler's sentence.

The Supreme Court's 55-page dossier said the panel of three judges had granted Rush's wish to change his sentence, but instead of freeing him or granting him a lesser term they decided he should face the firing squad.

"Judging solely that the defendant Scott Anthony Rush is proven legitimately and convincingly guilty of committing an organised crime without any right, exporting narcotics and ... sentence him to death", the dossier said.

The reasons were "the nature of the crime is a narcotics violation that is very disadvantageous and is a great danger to the lives of people, society, the nation and state of Indonesia and other countries", it said.

The amount of heroin found strapped to Rush's body, 1.693kg, also was "significant", it said.

The dossier said the crime carried the maximum penalty of death.

The judges also said that the High Court should have fined Rush a maximum one million rupiah ($145,000).

Panel chief Iskandar Kamil said today it was legal to increase a sentence at appeal.

Rush, who celebrated his 21st birthday early this month, was caught with three other members of the Bali Nine trying to export a total of 8.3kg of heroin from Bali to Australia in July last year.

The other three were Michael Czugaj, Martin Stephens and Renae Lawrence.

Czugaj and Stephens are both appealing against their life sentences.

Lawrence, the only woman in the Bali Nine group, has accepted her 20-year sentence.

On Christmas Day, she received a one-month remission for good behaviour, as did convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby.

Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan, the accused leaders of the Bali Nine, were sentenced to death. Their sentences have since been upheld through Indonesia's highest court.

Rush is now with the rest of the Bali Nine, including Thanh Duc Tan Nguyen, Si Yi Chen and Matthew James Norman, in the maximum security tower of Bali's Kerobokan prison which was used for the Bali Bombers before the terrorists were removed to Java.

Rush initially chose not to appeal his life term, but changed his mind and decided to appeal to the Supreme Court after the High Court reduced the sentences of Nguyen, Chen, and Norman to 20 years.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

If you traffic drugs into a country where the maximum penalty is death, Expect the worst when you eventually get caught.

I have zero tollerance for drug use, drug trafficing, drug manufacturing and drug selling.

I approve of the death penalty because these type of people have ruined so many innocent lives. Killed young people who may have been something.

They prey on the weak.

They should be kept out of society where they can't do any harm.

Corby to be transferred to Java prison

THE AGE

January 4, 2007 - 8:19PM

Convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby should be thankful she is being transferred to a prison in east Java, Bali prison governor Ilham Djaya says.

The governor of Kerobokan Prison - the man who requested Corby's transfer - says the inmate should be thankful she is going to a "better prison".

Corby described the prison she is currently in as a "disgusting slum" in her recent autobiography.

Djaya said Corby had made some efforts to stop the transfer, and admitted that some people had pleaded with him to cancel the move.

"If she likes it here so much, why would she write that the toilet in the prison is gruesome, that the warden sexually harassed the inmates?" Djaya said.

Corby also complained of being unable to exercise on the prison's tennis court, he said.

"If she cannot do some sports here, in there (Sukun prison) she can run around 20 laps if she likes," Djaya said.

He said the transfer would be a positive move.

"We are thinking positive for her, trying to provide a better system that would create a better person," Djaya said.

In her book My Story, launched in November, Corby describes the prison "Hotel Kerobokan", as a "dark hell hole" with no running water or power, with easy access for rats and snakes.

"We were living in a disgusting slum, in the most vile and unhygienic conditions imaginable," Corby wrote.

"It was not fit for human beings, it was not fit for a dog.

"It made me sick, I threw up often, had non-stop diarrhoea and persistent ear infections."

Djaya, who has Corby's book on a shelf in his office, admitted to reading it but would not say what he thought of it.

Corby's soon-to-be new home Sukun Prison in Malang, East Java, is the closest women's prison to Kerobokan, but is still hundreds of kilometres away.

While she now lives in a cell with eight to 10 inmates, her new cell will be more spacious with only two or three inmates, Djaya said.

The former student beautician has a sister, Mercedes, who lives in Bali and provides her with food and other amenities.

Australian tourists also visit, offering support, food and other trinkets.

Prison department officials said Corby could be transferred anytime. However, authorities are awaiting funding from Jakarta.

The transfer was requested by the prison governor to the directorate general of prisons in Jakarta.

Transfer requests are generally made because the prison is overcrowded or for security reasons.

Kerobokan Prison currently has 838 prisoners, even though its capacity is for only 323 inmates.

Corby is one of 238 prisoners to be moved from the facility.

Indonesian prisoners cannot reject their transfer unless they have solid reasons to halt it, Djaya said

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

It would have paid to bite the Bullet..She knocks their Prisons and then thinks there will be NO repercussions..Where does she think she is?? Australia..

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    It would have paid to bite the Bullet..She knocks their Prisons and then thinks there will be NO repercussions..Where does she think she is?? Australia..
    lol good point. Now whats to say the other prision isn't gonna treat her crappy so they get their name in her next book lol she's got 18+ years to write it after all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    lol good point. Now whats to say the other prision isn't gonna treat her crappy so they get their name in her next book lol she's got 18+ years to write it after all...
    Sure Has...After bagging them, they were not about to UPGRADE her to the Marriott ....... Dumb Move :dead:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Tough break for Schappel though huh .. The only people who read her book are the people who run the prision she's ripping on
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Tough break for Schappel though huh .. The only people who read her book are the people who run the prision she's ripping on
    LOL...i gather there will be NO sequel!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY