Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    LOL...i gather there will be NO sequel!
    lol "ohhh, you wanna write another book ey, Corby?! Well ... NO MORE PAPER FOR YOU!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    lol "ohhh, you wanna write another book ey, Corby?! Well ... NO MORE PAPER FOR YOU!"
    :spit:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Quote Originally Posted by dee13
    If you traffic drugs into a country where the maximum penalty is death, Expect the worst when you eventually get caught.

I have zero tollerance for drug use, drug trafficing, drug manufacturing and drug selling.

I approve of the death penalty because these type of people have ruined so many innocent lives. Killed young people who may have been something.

They prey on the weak.

They should be kept out of society where they can't do any harm.
    My thoughts exactly
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    My thoughts exactly
    That's all very well if your legal system is unbiased, without corruption and beyond reproach.
    Does that sound like Indonesia.

And when it comes to the death penalty, you better get it right 100% of the time, no second chances.
    But anyway, who cares, the're just dumb greedy Westerners, nobody will miss them anyway, will they. And even if they didn't do it, there likely guilty of something, so just string em up.
    A few innocents is the cost of justice in Indonesia. It's a price the're willing to pay, what about you?

Tuesday, 23 January 2007
    Death too harsh for Bali Nine: Indon cop
    By Karen Michelmore
    Indonesia's top enforcement official believes sentences handed to four members of the Bali Nine smuggling ring are too harsh.

But he says it is appropriate that two others - ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran - be put to for their lead roles in the failed plot to smuggle from Bali into Australia.

The views of I Made Mangku Pastika, executive director of the National Narcotics Board, could provide a boost for some of the Bali Nine fighting to avoid being put before a firing squad.

Pastika said the penalty was an appropriate sentence "for the worst and most brutal gangsters".

In his view, Chan and Sukumaran fell into that category.

But the other four sentenced to - mule Scott Rush, and three arrested at Kuta's Melasti hotel, Matthew Norman, Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen, and Si Yi Chen - did not, Pastika said.

He said he was surprised when Indonesia's Supreme Court upgraded the punishment of the four from life sentences last year.

The lower Denpasar District Court had got it right with the original sentences of for Chan and Sukumaran, and life for the other four who played lesser roles, Pastika said.

"Personally, I think the punishment that was given in the Denpasar Court is sufficient for those people, according to the role of each person," Pastika told journalists.

"According to me, as the chief of police and personally involved in the investigation of the case, I think the punishment from the court in Denpasar was very fair and sufficient for the group, because those people had different roles.

"For two people who were sentenced with the penalty in Denpasar had the most important role and those two people arranged everything."

He said Indonesia faced a serious problem, with 3.2 million users, and dozens of s a day from abuse.

He also said he had "deep concerns" about the growing links between illicit trafficking and ism, and other transnational organised crimes.

"Anyone who sells is involved in an international criminal enterprise that is thousands of Indonesian youth each year," he said.

However, Pastika said the upgrading of the sentences of four of the Bali Nine was unusual, and may have been done in the "spirit of fighting against one crime" - .

All six of the Bali Nine on row are planning last ditch legal challenges.

Pastika said he decided to arrest four Bali Nine mules at Bali's international airport rather than allow them to return to Australia because he feared the syndicate would grow even bigger.

"We worry that if this syndicate is not handled in this country, where the penalty is still implemented, this syndicate will become bigger and bigger and threaten (Indonesia)," he said.

"I could just leave them to go to Australia and tell the Australian Federal Police ... but this syndicate was growing bigger and bigger."

http://batemansbay.yourguide.com.au/...nal%20news&sub

Schappelle Misses Out
    By Zakki Hakim

August 17, 2007 04:01pm

WHILE Australian Schapelle Corby has missed out on a prison sentence reduction for having a mobile phone in her cell, ten terrorists behind the Bali bombings will be out of jail early.

The Islamic militants were jailed over the 2002 and 2005 Bali bombings in which dozens of Australians died.

But they are beneficiaries of sentence reductions traditionally given as part of Indonesia's Independence Day celebrations to prisoners with noted good behaviour.

Authorities in Indonesia this year proceeded with the cuts, of between two and five months, despite widespread anger in Australia in previous years.

Those who benefited from today's remissions were serving between eight and 18 years for everything from helping to plan the bombings, to sheltering the main suspects, to setting up a website on how to kill foreigners.

Six men involved in the October 12, 2002 Bali blasts - which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians - had their sentences cut by five months, said Ilham Djaya, the chief warden at Bali's main prison, citing good behaviour.

Four others convicted over the 2005 attacks that left 20 people dead received two month remissions, he said. Four Australians died in that attack, and 19 others were injured.

Indonesia has been hit by a string of terrorist attacks blamed on the al-Qaeda-linked militant group Jemaah Islamiah.

But it has not suffered a suicide bombing in nearly two years, thanks largely to the arrest and imprisonment of hundreds of suspects, prompting the country's president to claim victory yesterday in the so-called war on terror.

The government says all prisoners in Indonesia have a constitutional right to sentence reductions, even convicted militants - except for those serving life in prison or with death sentences.

Justice and Human Rights Minister Andi Matalatta said about 64,000 inmates received cuts today, most by a few months, and of those about 6,600 were freed.

Among those who did not benefit was Australian marijuana smuggler Schapelle Corby, who missed out because she was caught with a mobile phone in her Bali jail cell.

But fellow Australian, Bali Nine heroin trafficker Renae Lawrence, had her 20-year jail term shaved by three months.
    Telegraph

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

If we sell uranium to the Indians, I reckon we make it on the provision that the Australian public nominates which island they test their new nuclear power on. My vote goes to Indonesia.

Corby was caught with a mobile phone? Well so were some of those terrorist pricks. Only difference is Corby was text messaging, they were using the phone to detonate explosives and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    If we sell uranium to the Indians, I reckon we make it on the provision that the Australian public nominates which island they test their new nuclear power on. My vote goes to Indonesia.
    Thats a ripper Sharkey

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

lol though we wont be able to get many pirated dvds anymore:duh:
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Quote Originally Posted by travop View Post
    lol though we wont be able to get many pirated dvds anymore:duh:

Just make them yourself, much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Just make them yourself, much easier
    Much larger profit margin in AUS$$$ too..

Corby family angry at Rudd snub

SCHAPELLE Corby's mother Rosleigh Rose has attacked Labor leader Kevin Rudd for not acknowledging the plight of her daughter, now serving 20 years in an Indonesian jail for drug trafficking.

Ms Rose told The Bulletin magazine she and Schapelle's aunt, who lives in Mr Rudd's Brisbane electorate of Griffith, had "written to him heaps".

"She's been to the office. She's rung. And not a single reply," Ms Rose said.

"She's had nothing, not even a single phone call to her or anything.

"I just think it's wrong."

Ms Rose said Mr Rudd would not get her vote after snubbing her family's situation.

"We've not had one acknowledgement, not even saying, 'sorry, my hands are tied, or I can't do anything'," she said.

"All I can think is he's not here to help Australians."

Corby, 30, was convicted in May 2005 of smuggling 4kg of cannabis into the Indonesian island of Bali.
    TELEGRAPH

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Leave a short message and a contact number across the tits of a stripper and Mr Rudd will get back to you at his soonest convenience.

Leave a short message and a contact number across the tits of a stripper and Mr Rudd will get back to you at his soonest convenience.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

But he will be so blind and will be unable to recollect the message and thus corby will still be in jail.