Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Corby Blames Bali Nine Traffickers For Jail Hell!

October 25, 2006
    AdvertisementAdvertisement

Convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby blames the Bali nine for the severity of her prison sentence.

In her forthcoming book My Story, Corby describes her fear of the heroin trafficking group's Renae Lawrence, "a psychopathic lesbian".

In an extract that appears in The Australian Women's Weekly today, two weeks before the book's official release, Corby said she "hated" the Bali nine and called Lawrence a "freak".

"I felt sure their (Bali nine) crime of trafficking heroin had contributed to me getting 20 years," Corby said.

"I was terrified of Renae Lawrence. I thought she'd pick on me, start fights and ram my head into the cement walls. All the girls who had been sharing cells with her had been telling stories about the freak.

"She refused to let anyone else sleep if she was awake. She kicked them in the head, sexually hit on them, punched them.

"So, by the time she checked in at Kerobokan (prison), I imagined Renae as a psychopathic lesbian. I was scared to death of her."

But Corby's fear did not stop her from preventing Lawrence killing herself with a razor blade.

In the book, written by Corby and Kathryn Bonella from what the magazine calls "secret interviews", Corby gives a harrowing account of prison life. .

"I've seen horrors in here that are sickening beyond belief," she said. "Prisoners bashed to a pulp, girls attacking each other with broken glass bottles . . . people trying to kill themselves. . . prisoners having sex, female guards passionately kissing female prisoners . . . nothing could have prepared me for this."

Her mother, Rosleigh Rose, said her daughter would not be afraid of suffering consequences in the Bali prison for her tell-all book because "nothing could be worse than what Schapelle is going through right now".

AAP

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titan One Clubman

I still think Corby shouldn't be there.. Her case was very dodgy, in a shonky judicial system, with sh!thouse evidence..

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    I still think Corby shouldn't be there.. Her case was very dodgy, in a shonky judicial system, with sh!thouse evidence..
    I dont know if she is guilty or not Schifty, but i cried watching her being sentenced!Couldn't help it.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

I find it a little hard to believe she couldn't tell the difference between a boogie board and 4kgs of marajuana. The obvious weight difference for a start. The smell, and the visual would be key indicators for me. Ever seen 4kgs of marajuana? I'm surprised it fit into a boogie board bag.

As for blaming the Bali 9 I think thats a bit rich. Speaking of rich, whats she getting out of her story? I thought there was something about not being allowed to make money from selling the story of your criminal antics. But then I think to Chopper and I'm not sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

If Schappelle was a balding 50 year old over weight male you wouldn't be saying that.
    Smooth as silk

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by wesseristilllovethee
    If Schappelle was a balding 50 year old over weight male you wouldn't be saying that.
    Just an assumption there...

Point I'm making is that the Indonesian Judicial system is dodgy to say the least... and that her case is very different to the Bali 9's one..

Junior Titan

Just an assumption there...

Point I'm making is that the Indonesian Judicial system is dodgy to say the least... and that her case is very different to the Bali's 9 one..
    I agree with that.

The majority of people believed she was innocent purely on face value, it is a lot easier to think an attractive 20 something year old person is innocent than a sleazy old man.
    Smooth as silk

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i don't remember anything about her being attractive...

anyway, that whole family is a fair bit odd.

Nothing dodgy about sleazy old men. *glances around nervously*

That said, she harps on a fair bit about the lesbian thing. Sex sells I suppose. I doubt it's going to be a very accurate portrayal of prison life, but it should ensure she's rich when she gets out.

to be honest until theres real evidence she's guilty i shall think otherwise.
    to me its innocent until proven guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    to be honest until theres real evidence she's guilty i shall think otherwise.
    to me its innocent until proven guilty
    She had 4kgs of pot in her boogie board bag ffs what more do you need?

more of whether she intentionally had it there

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    more of whether she intentionally had it there
    Incase she accidently mistook her stash for her boogie board? She's in Bali airport with 4kgs of pot and there is a dealer in Perth trying to weight up a boogie board into ounce bags.

well i dunno. i dont know for sure what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Incase she accidently mistook her stash for her boogie board? She's in Bali airport with 4kgs of pot and there is a dealer in Perth trying to weight up a boogie board into ounce bags.
    :rotflmao:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY