Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43
    Titan CEO

...Yeah he has had a few games with us. he goes real well in U/20's...has played a bit of 5/8 with our junior club aswell. first few games in first grade he was nervous as you would expect but still solid and consitent...but each time he plays he grows in confidence and is getting better and better.

Anyway enough about that lol...what really grinds my gears is this copyright bull**** these days!

Now dont get me wrong...i totally understand where artists and the record labels are coming from i wouldnt want my work stolen either BUT if a profit is not being made off of it then why must they have it removed from sites? ie youtube or facebook.

I was remvoed from youtube because of copyright infringments....i wasnt making a profit off using the clips and i did not claim it as my work i gave the owner full credit and everything. Its so inconsistently policed and just BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post
    ...Yeah he has had a few games with us. he goes real well in U/20's...has played a bit of 5/8 with our junior club aswell. first few games in first grade he was nervous as you would expect but still solid and consitent...but each time he plays he grows in confidence and is getting better and better.

Anyway enough about that lol...what really grinds my gears is this copyright bull**** these days!

Now dont get me wrong...i totally understand where artists and the record labels are coming from i wouldnt want my work stolen either BUT if a profit is not being made off of it then why must they have it removed from sites? ie youtube or facebook.

I was remvoed from youtube because of copyright infringments....i wasnt making a profit off using the clips and i did not claim it as my work i gave the owner full credit and everything. Its so inconsistently policed and just BS.

I know what you mean. My lil bro and I made a clip doing 'Which BackStreet Boy is Gay' and they (YouTube) muted our whole video - even though there are heaps of videos with the same music. We did have part of the Star Wars theme as our intro, but they muted the whole video. And even though my brother is FANTASTIC in the clip, without the sound, it's just not the same.

Titan CEO

Its bs right?

i put a music clip up on facebook and it was taken down because of copyright, yet there is 10 clips up on youtube. If i was making money off it then that would be fine but im not.

That ridiculous new self-loving foxtel commercial is just painful
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    That ridiculous new self-loving foxtel commercial is just painful
    I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

TV ads (especially Longer lasting sex ones, they piss me off and if you lived in Adelaide you would now all about Metropolitan Plumbing ads!

And the Adelaide Crows in the AFL give me the craps as well
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Justin Hodges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

THE ****ING QLD GOVERNMENT!

I've had a few good reminders this week of how much I hate those pricks;
    Car rego jumped up to $800\yr
    Just paid $1.25\lt for standard ulp
    And I just finished negotiating the mess of the Gateway\Pacific Motorway on my way here......

So heres a big "F-U" to the pirates\politicians of this state
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk View Post

If I buy a cd and play it, i'm not making any profit of it either. It's still illegal for me to steal the cd.

While a CD is tangible and an mp3 or whatever isn't, there's still the idea of intellectual property, it's still being stolen. Those ridiculous ads at the start of dvds are right, it's still stealing just the same as stealing a DVD, a phone, a wallet, a car.

That's strictly speaking. I think there needs to be some leeway. People often go to youtube to find music. I know if I want to show someone a song the first thing I do is go to youtube to find the video. If there's no official video clip i'll link to one someone has made. In a sense this is free advertising. Some artists actually embrace it. I know Kate Miller-Heidke recently linked to someones home made video clip she thought was cute.

There's a lot of new challenges with the internet and how we can all interact. Ever come across youtube videos you can't watch because you're in the wrong region? itunes stores specific to regions with only certain songs/movies available in different areas? Go to the Fox website and get told you can't watch the show because you're not in the US?

The distribution companies are handling a new scenario in an old way that just doesn't work. On one hand the general public needs to realise that intellectual property still has substance, but on the other hand we're forced into doing things the wrong way. If I want to watch Dollhouse which everyone is raving about online, I pretty much need to download it illegally from a torrent... I don't have Foxtel. Yet if I was in America I could go to the fox site and stream it. Hell, charge me a buck an episode and I might even pay for it. itunes is a step in the right direction, make it really really easy to download and make the fees affordable and most people will do the right thing. At the moment all the companies are missing the boat big time. Whoever catches on first is going to make a mint.

So yeah, bit off topic, but it grinds my gears!

Back on topic, I think there needs to be a comfortable balance. If an artist is popular but still has to work at maccas to get by, they won't be making music for too long. But I see youtube as a great way of spreading the word so to speak. I saw a photo in a video someone had made recently taken by someone I know. The was no link back to his website to say this is where the image came from. There's definitely problems with people using other people's property in videos or whatever, but there probably needs to be some common sense applied too.

The NRL, or rather, Telstra are a huge problem too. They have the NRL internet broadcast rights, so it's close to impossible to find NRL footage on youtube, which in turn makes it near impossible to show off the game to people overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    THE ****ING QLD GOVERNMENT! Car rego jumped up to $800\yr
    Guess who'se got a ute!

Bikies and the way they intimidate others (and this is just one of the ways)..

..There was the pram-parking issue again.. ******** decides to pull into a car space designated for parents with prams, cutting off a mum with small kids in the back - 'stealing' her space, if you will - person gets out of the car, and it's a freakin' bikie (yes, a bikie driving a car) - of course the mum wasn't going to say/do anything... Jeebuz I wouldn't have either. Soon as I saw it was a bikie I was even more p.o'd.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

titans And How They Played Tonight