40 68.97%
  • No

11 18.97%
  • Maybe

3 5.17%
  • Undecided

4 6.90%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

If Mat Rogers was the icing on the cake in terms of Titans signings then Lomu would be the cherry on top. However the thought of the Titans turning into a retirement home keeps lingering in the back of my head.....but if he is still fit and ready to play then sign him up.

The salary cap is another issue as well, Lomu can't expect too much from the Titans.

Some would say its an excercise in economics or a way to put the Titans on the league map.

Frankly the team need neither. I for one don't need any more motivation to make sure I'm, at the very least, at every home game.

Can't wait to get it on!

If the coach want's Lomu, and he can have Lomu, I say let him have Lomu.
    Cartwrights no idiot, he has his reason and plan for every player on the pitch.

Titan First Grade Squad

jonah lomu is a good player when he isnt injured..he could play any position except for playmakers as he is so big and fadst..wing, forwards he would be mad player at league!

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

this does seem to be very confusing...

i have no idea if he'd be up to it, as i haven't seen him play for a long time now... but if he can't get a super 14 contract, are we really making a sensible move in taking him on board? i'm not quite sure where he'll play, either.

would be a huge suprise if we bought him.

Titan Club Captain

Poor Jonah..I love him to bits, but hes getting too injury prone now.

Would be the worst buy this year!!!

Couldn't get a contract offer from any provincial side in NZ where they adore him, yet he is good enough for the hardest and fastest competition in the world!?
    You have got to be joking!!

Junior Titan

just wondering what people think if jonah comes to the gc

i reckon he'll add a little kiwi attraction to the team espeacilay all the kiwis living in bondi LOL
    i reckon we should get him he has so much experience in union and its not hard to transfer it to league bring on the all black

Quote Originally Posted by bondititan
    just wondering what people think if jonah comes to the gc

i reckon he'll add a little kiwi attraction to the team espeacilay all the kiwis living in bondi LOL
    i reckon we should get him he has so much experience in union and its not hard to transfer it to league bring on the all black
    I think most contributing to the thread have made it known what they think about a possible signing. It may pay to read before posting

Junior Titan

Default yes indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Ale Panther
    would be a great drawcard, but i think he would be out of his depth, would have to play in the forwards aswell, imagine Merrit or Hayne up against the big man, would make him look silly, he has the turning circle of the Titanic. the Titans would be better off waiting for Del to come back from his holliday
    He would definately get bums on seats... lets not forget the business side of things... a player like that attracts fans... and most importantly sponsers which = $$$ which = more stable club = better titans team

Junior Titan

that wa transfered from genral rugby league as i had started one on that part of the forum which got locked out

wouldnt waste the money on him over here in nz cant make provincal level teams and hes contstantly injuried

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Junior Titan

I cant really see lomu making the switch to the fastest football game in the world, his fitness is nowhere near what it was and I think it woud be a mistake to take on a player that hasnt performed on the field in league.

kudos to the man but i think he might be out of his depth in our competition.

my 2 cents

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by qld power
    wouldnt waste the money on him over here in nz cant make provincal level teams and hes contstantly injuried
    Thats the reason why he can't make the provincal teams. I think if he didn't have the horrid run of injuries he has had, he would have been able to get a contract here easy. INJURIES THESE DAYS :box:

Junior Titan

well if he wants to keep his career going he'll take a paycut and sign with us and thats if he passes the fitness test
    "Go the Titans"

He will certainly get bums on seats, but the question is....can Ipswich's home ground hold that many people??