Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default poor willie !!!!!!!!

mason needs to learn to keep his big mouth shut,notice he didnt get up to quick,never like the bloke anyway to mouthy, should be a great clash.

he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk?

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk?
    lol doubt it. hes not even that good a talker

Mason in doubt for rematch
    By Steve Mascord
    October 18, 2006

WILLIE Mason is fighting a private battle with migraines and dizziness and is in doubt for Saturday's return Tri-Nations bout against New Zealand.

While the war of words continued to rage around him yesterday, Mason was forced to pull out of training with bleeding from the nose - and is still suffering severe headaches as a result of his clash with David Kidwell in last Saturday's Test.

The Australia prop was yesterday named in coach Ricky Stuart's side for the Telstra Dome grudge match after scans cleared him of a crack to the right eye socket.

But the fiery forward is no certainty to play.

"Basically he's had a whack in the head and today at training he suffered bleeding from the nostril which is not that surprising," said team doctor Hugh Hazard.

"He is also having headaches. He hasn't fully recovered from what happened to him.

"It's like anything, it will be a matter of observation over the next few days. If it doesn't settle down, he won't play."

Mason played down the concern, saying: "I reckon I'm fine. It was just a precautionary thing with the doc that I come off.

"Because I had a head clash, I'm still suffering some after-effects but I believe I'll be OK.

"I think I'm clear of the headaches now."

The drama compounds a week of tension following the Kangaroos bruising first-up win.

With just a handful of fans watching on at yesterday's training session, Hazard was called from a sideline conversation to attend to Mason 20 minutes from the end of a long, physical training run.

After conferring with the doctor, Mason sat out the rest of the session alongside fellow props Mark O'Meley and Petero Civoniceva, who trained separately because of niggling injuries.

Coach Ricky Stuart said: "He came off there with a bleeding nose that's related to the eye. He's still got some headaches. I think he'll be right by the end of the week."

Source: Daily telegraph

Tupou is well connected
    By Steve Mascord
    October 18, 2006

NEW Australia interchange forward Anthony Tupou believes his Sydney Roosters connection with coach Ricky Stuart is the main reason he beat Brisbane's Sam Thaiday into the side to play New Zealand on Saturday night.

With lock Reni Maitua (ankle) ruled out for the rest of the Tri-Nations, Tupou comes on to the bench for the Telstra Dome rematch, while another Tongan-eligible star, Melbourne's Anthonio Kaufusi, joins the extended squad.

Both players have turned down New Zealand approaches - Tupou two years ago and Kaufusi during the NRL finals.

"I thought it was out of me or Sammy Thaiday," said Tupou, who plays under Australia coach Stuart at Sydney Roosters.

"I'm just grateful Stick (Stuart) has shown a bit of faith in me because he sort of knows me. I've been playing with him for three years. He's backed me there."

But Stuart insisted Tupou - dumped by Country Origin this year - had earned his spot, and pointed to his progress since joining the tri-colours from Newcastle, when he was "about 126kg and had about 150mm of body fat".

"If he didn't have such a strong mind, he mightn't have got through that first 15 months of football because he was very much overweight," he said. "He couldn't really play rugby league. There was a lot of work to do."

ARL officials demanded Kaufusi declare which country he wanted to play for before the grand final kicked off.

"I never really thought that I'd actually get the chance," Kaufusi said. "For it to happen so soon is a bit bizarre."

Source: Daily Telegraph

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

So how many Sharks will make the test team next year? :curse:

lol just dont count on kimmorley ever making the team

I really hope mason is able to play. bring on the biff :box:

FIEN A FINE CHANCE TO MAKE TEST DEBUT THIS WEEKEND
    Vodafone Warriors hooker Nathan Fien has edged closer to making his test debut for his adopted country New Zealand.

Claiming a New Zealand-born grandmother, Fien, born in Queensland, declared his availability for the Kiwis for the 2006 Gillette Tri-Nations.
    Coach Brian McClennan was keen to have him, too, although a nagging back complaint has prevented him coming into contention until now.

Fien injured his back in the Vodafone Warriors' win against Cronulla in early August, missed the next two outings against his former North Queensland club and Melbourne, played 42 minutes off the bench against the Roosters and then missed the last match of the club's season against Brisbane.

He has been on a slow road to recovery since but the signs are he could be a late selection for this Saturday night's Gillette Tri-Nations clash against Australia in Melbourne.

While he wasn't named in the Kiwi side yesterday - Dene Halatau was again selected at hooker - McClennan has indicated the 27-year-old Fien has been making significant progress.

Fien ran at dummy half for much of the Kiwis' training session in the Melbourne suburbs on Tuesday.

It was a strong hint he was close to a test debut after joining the squad officially this week.

"He's coming along in leaps and bounds," said McClennan.
    "Three weeks ago we weren't anticipating having him available until about November 11.

"Whether he's right for this week, I don't know, we'll see how he pulls up. There's a chance."

Source: Warriors.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Poida
    lol just dont count on kimmorley ever making the team
    Be a bit rough if the Dally M and premiership winning half back didn't get a gig, don't ya think?

Rainbow Roos
    Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 4:19 PM

The Kangaroos will boast a startling new look as they help young kids chase rainbows at a special training session on Thursday in Melbourne.

For one of the few times since 1928, the Australian Rugby League team will put aside the Green and Gold and exchange the famous jersey for a specially designed ?rainbow kit? to show their support for Project Rainbow.

The brightly coloured jerseys shorts and socks are guaranteed to turn heads when the team trains at 10am at Olympic Park tomorrow.

Project Rainbow is an initiative of the Sony Foundation in association with Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne stores across Australia, which raises funds through the sale of wristbands to support Children?s Holiday Camps.

The four-day camps give high school students an opportunity to take time out of their school holidays to care for disabled children. The enriching experience also provides respite for parents whose lives revolve around the 24-hour care of their child.

Source: NRL

Titan First Grade Squad BrisbaneBroncosRule's Avatar

I predict a 30-10 win by the Aussies.

I LOVE MICHEL

Mason ruled out of New Zealand clash
    Friday, October 20, 2006 - 5:05 PM

Australian forward Willie Mason has been ruled out of Saturday night's Tri Nations rugby league Test against New Zealand at Telstra Dome.

Mason is still suffering headaches after copping a heavy hit from New Zealander David Kidwell during the Tri Nations opener last weekend in Auckland.

Team doctor Hugh Hazard ruled Mason out on Friday, although he is expected to return for Australia's next match against Great Britain in two weeks' time.

Mark O'Meley will replace Mason in the Kangaroos' starting line-up on Saturday night, while Sam Thaiday has been promoted to make his international debut off the interchange bench.

Source: AAP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus more on a previous article:

Aussies Change Colours
    Friday, October 20, 2006 - 4:48 PM

For one of the few times since 1928, the Australian Rugby League team has put aside the traditional Green and Gold for a specially designed ?rainbow kit? to show their support for Project Rainbow and support kids in need.

The brightly coloured jerseys shorts and socks turned heads when the team trained at Olympic Park in preparation for game 2 of the Tri Nations against New Zealand at the Telstradome.

The Kangaroos will be back in the Green and Gold for Saturday night?s test against the Kiwis but will remain committed supporters of Project Rainbow.

Project Rainbow is an initiative of the Sony Foundation in association with Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne stores across Australia, which raises funds through the sale of wristbands to support Children?s Holiday Camps.

The four-day camps give high school students an opportunity to take time out of their school holidays to care for disabled children. The enriching experience also provides respite for parents whose lives revolve around the 24-hour care of their child.

Two sets of the colourful training gear including jersey, shorts and socks have been specially signed by the entire Kangaroos team and will be auctioned off at the Sony Foundation True Colours Ball to be held in Sydney on October 21st.

Kangaroos forward Nathan Hindmarsh has recorded a special message for the night as he will be unable to attend because he will be on the field at the Telstradome trying to keep Australia?s perfect record in this series intact.

Source: NRL

OMG!!! no willie!!! I was looking foward to seeing big mason fire up and give kidwell a little payback! Oh man, the kiwi's will think australia/Mason is a chicken!

GO THE MAROONS!

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Wooooot Sammy! Congrats to him! !
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom