Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Itd be interesting to see who they pick personally though i would pick Tounge over Gallen.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Itd be interesting to see who they pick personally though i would pick Tounge over Gallen.
    I forgot Tounge!

Yes, I would pick Tounge over both Gallen and Maitua.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    I forgot Tounge!

Yes, I would pick Tounge over both Gallen and Maitua.
    Chancea are theyll pick Waterhouse or somebody along those lines but personally it should be between Tounge and Gallen. Chances are if it was out of those two itll be Gallen

What about hoffman or johnson?

Tounge would go well but i dont think he will get picked unfortunataly...

Ryan Hoffman - "out of sight, out of mind" - great call. I am a big fan and had him as a bolter. We need to replace Maitua and Gallen or Hoffman would be ideal candidates. I would definately prefer over Waterhouse.

IF waterhouse got in id laugh my head off and then mabye call for the selectors heads.
    Hofman slipped my mind but hed be the best choice but i dont know who the selectors will pick.

Titan Club Captain

Ffs poor Reni..i feel sorry for him..but at the same time..this is good for NZ. Hope he gets a full recovery and is 100% for the '07 NRL season!!!

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    mason will show him this week and david kidwell will be crying like those sheep shaggers do
    Lol..we don't cry..we multiply!!

And Kidwell will stick to his guns!! urdy:

Quote Originally Posted by Meh
    Just reading something, apparently mason said "Isn't Brent Webb an Aborigine? Look at him. Get f---ed" during the haka...well that explains it all!

accept when he learns to read his own lips on video he must notice he says "whats that?. get ****ed" also he says in his explanation that he was standing next to hodges while having this joke? the video link above disproves that too.
    Mmhmm I have said that on a couple of other forums tbh.

And LOL Webby aint even a abo..hes a Torris Straight Islander.

I loved the news this morning..where Kidwell said about Webby "Hes as Kiwi as me" lol thats Kiwi..Kidwell is the 2nd most passionate player in the team next to Rubes!!..and Brent Webb also said "I love playing for the Kiwis" ..
    Last edited by Go_The_Doggies; 17-10-06 at 01:48 PM.

Titan Club Captain

McClennan Makes Two Changes To Kiwis
    17/10/2006
    NZPA
    New Zealand rugby league coach Brian McClennan has made two changes to the team for Saturday's second Tri-Nations test against Australia in Melbourne.

Bradford wing Shontayne Hape replaces Tame Tupou, while South Sydney forward David Fa'alogo comes in for Frank Pritchard on the interchange bench.

The Kiwis team is: Brent Webb, Shontayne Hape, Iosia Soliola, Steve Matai, Manu Vatuvei, Nigel Vagana, Stacey Jones, Ruben Wiki (c), Dene Halatau, Roy Asotasi, David Kidwell, Tony Puletua, Simon Mannering.

Interchange: Jerome Ropati, Nathan Cayless, Adam Blair, David Fa'alogo.

The Kangaroos team is: Karmichael Hunt, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Darren Lockyer (c), Johnathan Thurston, Willie Mason, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Andrew Ryan, Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke O'Donnell.

Interchange: Mark O'Meley, Shaun Berrigan, Anthony Tupou, Brent Kite.

no jamie lyon :box: darn it...

anthony tupou ay.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Not ATM, I think for now they are going to go with Ryan in the starting line up and sort it out after Melbourne.

I reckon that O'Donnell will play 13 and Ryan at 12 though... but it will be interesting to see whether they bring anyone in, and yes I agree Gallen deserves a run.
    Yep my prediction which was pretty obvious to guess, was right. Ryan to 12, O'Donnell to 13.

Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan has been called in to the starting side for the Kangaroos in place of the injured Reni Maitua.

Ryan moves from the bench to the second row, with Luke O'Donnell moving to the vacant lock position. Anthony Tupou will make his Australian debut on the bench.

The full team for Game 2 of the Gillette Tri Nations match against New Zealand at Telstra Dome, Melbourne on Saturday October 21st is:

1. Karmichael Hunt
    2. Matt King
    3. Mark Gasnier
    4. Justin Hodges
    5. Greg Inglis
    6. Darren Lockyer (c)
    7. Johnathan Thurston
    8. Willie Mason
    9. Cameron Smith
    10. Petero Civoniceva
    11. Andrew Ryan
    12. Nathan Hindmarsh
    13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange:
    14. Mark O'Meley
    15. Shaun Berrigan
    16. Anthony Tupou
    17. Brent Kite

Antonio Kafusi is Maituas replacment just heard on ther news

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Antonio Kafusi is Maituas replacment just heard on ther news
    Which asylum does the ARL contract their selectors from, does anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Which asylum does the ARL contract their selectors from, does anybody know?
    I think they just randomly pick from a couple of the bigger asylums on the West Coast

Tupou to debut on league night of spite
    Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 7:52 PM

Debutant Sydney Roosters backrower Anthony Tupou is set to become a target for New Zealand's fired-up forwards in rugby league's trans-Tasman night of spite at Telstra Dome on Saturday.

Tupou has been named for his Australian Test debut, replacing injured Reni Maitua for the Tri-Nations match against New Zealand.

Maitua was forced to pull out of the series with an ankle injury sustained in the Kangaroos' 30-18 win over the Kiwis last weekend.

It is a stunning rise for Tupou, who has not played State of Origin football and whose only representative honour was an appearance for the Country Origin team in 2005.

The 23-year-old has only played in the NRL for three years, admitting he was in shock to even make the extended Tri-Nations squad, let alone the team.

Andrew Ryan moves into the Australian starting side, while Tupou will debut off the bench.

And he can expect to get plenty of attention from a New Zealand squad enraged by Willie Mason's alleged disrespect of the Haka and the war of words which has followed since.

Tupou, a quietly spoken former altar boy from Newcastle, said he was prepared for whatever the Kiwis threw at him.

"You always expect being an international, that sort of stuff is what you expect. You wouldn't expect any less," said Tupou.

Tupou's father is of Tongan descent, and he revealed he was sounded out by New Zealand about the prospect of playing for them.

Instead he has pledged his allegiance to Australia, saying it was always his goal to make a Kangaroos team.

Controversial forward Mason has been cleared of any serious facial injury after being smashed by New Zealand's David Kidwell during the Tri-Nations opener and will play.

Australian coach Ricky Stuart said there would be no repeat of Mason's mouthing obscenities during the Haka, with his players set to stand in silence and face the Kiwis while they perform the traditional Maori challenge.

"I think Willie understands it's probably fairly important for him to keep his mouth shut," Stuart said.

"We'll be standing there arm-in-arm again, ready to go into battle.

"I've got a lot of respect for the Haka and New Zealand culture, and I won't be instructing the players to do anything different."

Australia has also called up another player of Tongan and New Zealand descent into its wider Tri-Nations squad to replace Maitua - Melbourne Storm prop Antonio Kaufusi - who was born in Tonga and raised in New Zealand.

The 21-year-old had been the centre of a tug-of-war for his services with both the Kiwis and Aussies eager for him to pledge his allegiance.

"After the grand final (New Zealand coach) Brian McClennan was talking to David Kidwell on the phone, and Kiddy thought I should have a chat to him," Kaufusi said.

"I had a chat to Brian, he asked for my thoughts, and I told him my heart was set on playing for Queensland.

"I'm very excited. A bit shellshocked and surprised, but I'm definitely fit and fired up if they need me on Saturday night."

The Kiwis have made two changes to their team, with Shontayne Hape to replace Brisbane's Tame Tupou in the starting side, while forward David Fa'alogo takes over from Penrith's Frank Pritchard on the interchange bench.

Australia: Karmichael Hunt, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Willie Mason, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Andrew Ryan, Nathan Hindmarsh, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Mark O'Meley, Shaun Berrigan, Anthony Tupou, Brent Kite.

New Zealand: Brent Webb, Shontayne Hape, Iosia Soliola, Steve Matai, Manu Vatuvei, Nigel Vagana, Stacey Jones, Ruben Wiki (capt), Dene Halatau, Roy Asotasi, David Kidwell, Tony Puletua, Simon Mannering. Interchange: Jerome Ropati, Nathan Cayless, Adam Blair, David Fa'alogo.

Source: AAP