Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

It definately was not a cheap shot. If it was Mason with the hit he'd still be talking himself up. Mind you he has plenty of guts to say what he did during the haka. I'd be busy ****ing myself

Hope NZ win this one. I want international football to be alive and well, for that to happen the Aussies will have to lose a few. GO KIWIS

It was nowhere near being a cheap shot! It was one of the best hits I have seen all year, and I loved it! Ricky Stuart hasn't left his whinging behind at the Roosters unfortunately

Junior Titan

mason will show him this week and david kidwell will be crying like those sheep shaggers do
    "Go the Titans"

lol mason deserved what he got.
    awesome stuff by kidwell

We've no respect for Kiwi Kidwell: Mason
    Monday, October 16, 2006 - 5:30 PM

The simmering trans-Tasman rugby league feud has boiled over with Australian Willie Mason saying he and his teammates have no respect for Kiwi enforcer David Kidwell.

Mason was hit heavily by Kidwell during Australia's 30-18 Tri Nations win at the weekend, leaving the Aussie with a suspected fractured eye socket.

But Mason says Kidwell hasn't got any respect from the Australian forward pack, echoing Kangaroos coach Ricky Stuart's comments earlier on Monday that the New Zealand back-rower lacks courage.

Stuart accused Kidwell of being a cheap shot merchant and running at smaller players rather than taking on big forwards.

The weekend match featured several spiteful incidents and allegations that Mason showed disrespect for the traditional New Zealand Haka by mouthing obscenities at the Kiwi players while it was being performed.

It has set the stage for a fiery rematch at Melbourne's Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

Source: AAP
    He is talking up this hit like kidwell used a can of mace just before he hit him, its gone on so long im starting to think mason isnt the sportsman i thought he was, as long as the aussies hold on to this dillusion that the kiwis are out to cheap shot them, the more theyll overthink each tackle and the softer they'll play IMO. Personally i hope he gets it again, and in the cleanest tackle possible.

Willie Mason and Ricky Stuart are deadset fools IMO. So what if Kidwell runs at the little men, that seems like the SMART thing to do doesn't it? Try and break a tackle from a smaller player and break the line? These two should just shut their mouths.

Just reading something, apparently mason said "Isn't Brent Webb an Aborigine? Look at him. Get f---ed" during the haka...well that explains it all!

accept when he learns to read his own lips on video he must notice he says "whats that?. get ****ed" also he says in his explanation that he was standing next to hodges while having this joke? the video link above disproves that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Willie Mason and Ricky Stuart are deadset fools IMO. So what if Kidwell runs at the little men, that seems like the SMART thing to do doesn't it? Try and break a tackle from a smaller player and break the line? These two should just shut their mouths.
    I agree 100%. I think Mason should just get over the fact that he got owned Mason did what he did, and he got what he deserved.

This is gonna be a great game. I really love the new Australia logo.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    yeah but it's also mind games there playing so he runs at the biggger players
    "Go the Titans"

This is a real shame for Reni... I can't believe his luck, get well soon mate and here's hoping you can have another crack at the 13 at Rep Level next season, cause you are a great player....

Maitua's season over
    October 17, 2006

AUSTRALIA utility Reni Maitua has been ruled out of the Tri-Nations series with an ankle injury.

Scans have revealed a distal syndesmosis injury in the Bulldogs player's right ankle, ruling him out of all remaining games in the series with New Zealand and Great Britain.

Willie Mason has been cleared of injury and will be available for selection for Saturday's match with New Zealand at Mebourne's Telstra Dome.

Agence France-Presse

Any word on a replacement?

Paul Gallen springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Any word on a replacement?

Paul Gallen springs to mind.

Not ATM, I think for now they are going to go with Ryan in the starting line up and sort it out after Melbourne.

I reckon that O'Donnell will play 13 and Ryan at 12 though... but it will be interesting to see whether they bring anyone in, and yes I agree Gallen deserves a run.

Forget the club I support for a minute, but if Gallen doesn't get a crack the selectors have to be kidding themselves. I think he was more deserving that Maitua to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Forget the club I support for a minute, but if Gallen doesn't get a crack the selectors have to be kidding themselves. I think he was more deserving that Maitua to start with.
    Nah, no way.. sorry mate and this isn't from my Bulldogs side but from my league side, Reni has been the in-form and going great, Reni has slotted into an unknown role and basically made it his own this season, he was able to keep SBW from getting what many thought was his role and represented City in the role with due distinction, National honours were definitely deserving of Maitua.

Gallen is very good, and I agree if he doesn't get selected now there would be a bit of a concern as he deserves to be there, but Maitua was the inform lock going into the Tri-Nations, well behind Carroll, especially with the performances he put in the finals series, and therefore when Carroll went out, Reni was the obvious replacement.