Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

literally, i was pissing myself, kidding.

We know when were gonna get one because we say hello, and there is no answer, so we hang up, because it takes a little while for the line to be established.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons

We know when were gonna get one because we say hello, and there is no answer, so we hang up, because it takes a little while for the line to be established.
    that one is a classic
    "Go the Titans"

For me to know and for you to find out...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons

If there is a pause of 10 seconds or so when you pick up the phone, you should be aware that it is going to be one of those bullies in some Indian call Center...Just hang up on them...

I always seem to cop the phone calls because I am at home on my own durring the day (because most of my Uni classes are afternoon/evening's) and I hate it...A lot of the time, I tell them that I am still 17 (although I am 33)...I told my parents what I did to some tellemarketer once when I fibbed about my age (I told them that I was 17) and they p!ssed themselves laughing (honestly).

I heard that to get a job in the Indian Call Centers, you have to have a University Degree (WTF...I don't geddit)...

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

the delay is a timesaver. many callcenters these days have numbers automatically dialed, then when you pick up they transfer to an available salesperson. it's so people aren't left there waiting for calls to ringout when nobody's home. has nothing to do with what country they're from.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Am I the only one that's had the automated message? I've mentioned it before here, but geez, it's a pisser...

"Hi! We have an important message for you, but all our operaters are busy right now so please hold"

*Hold Music*

1 minute later.... (still haven't talked to a person btw)

"I'm sorry, it seems we are having a longer than normal waiting period. We will call you back another time, Thankyou and Goodbye"

*Beep, Beep, Beep*

Yes, they hung up on me.... Have had it a couple of times now.. still NO IDEA what this important message is......

Their important messsage was infact to tell you that they are having a longer than normal waiting period

GO THE MAROONS!

For me to know and for you to find out...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    Am I the only one that's had the automated message? I've mentioned it before here, but geez, it's a pisser...

"Hi! We have an important message for you, but all our operaters are busy right now so please hold"

*Hold Music*

1 minute later.... (still haven't talked to a person btw)

"I'm sorry, it seems we are having a longer than normal waiting period. We will call you back another time, Thankyou and Goodbye"

*Beep, Beep, Beep*

Yes, they hung up on me.... Have had it a couple of times now.. still NO IDEA what this important message is......
    Yep, I have answered a few of those. It happens to be GE Capital Finance/Money/Whatever. Although I have nothing to do with them (and I wouldn't touch them with an iron bar let alone a beanpole), they were always for either of my two sisters and the person on the other end of the line (I can never understand them) just tells me that it is a "Business Matter"...

ah yep, as soon as i hear on-hold music, or a silent pause, i hang up. i have had a few recordings too, but it's been an american woman going on about some holiday. you dont speak to someone at all, it's JUST a recording.

i only get them at work, so unfortunately i have to be at least somewhat polite. usually, "we're not interested, thank you!" *click*

the australian call centres are actually worse. you don't know if it's a call centre, they won't say who they are or what they want, they just ask for my boss, by name. who usually just gives them a spray then hangs up.

I am at home by myself a lot too, and what really annoys me (amongst other things, lol) is when I get calls (which sometimes start at about 7.30am), where all that happens is a long pause, then all I get is a strange 'beep' which happens every 5 seconds or so. Not the kind of 'beep' where they hang up on you, just some other weird noise. And the most annoying thing about it is - aside from the fact that I rush to the phone thinking it's someone important calling - that when I hang up the phone, and pick it up again a few seconds later, the 'beeping' is still going on and I can't use the phone for another few minutes. Isn't that at least against the law? Bloody hopeless.

P.S. I'm pregnant so I'm P.O'd about a lot of things at the moment :rotflmao:

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie
    I am at home by myself a lot too, and what really annoys me (amongst other things, lol) is when I get calls (which sometimes start at about 7.30am), where all that happens is a long pause, then all I get is a strange 'beep' which happens every 5 seconds or so. Not the kind of 'beep' where they hang up on you, just some other weird noise. And the most annoying thing about it is - aside from the fact that I rush to the phone thinking it's someone important calling - that when I hang up the phone, and pick it up again a few seconds later, the 'beeping' is still going on and I can't use the phone for another few minutes. Isn't that at least against the law? Bloody hopeless.

P.S. I'm pregnant so I'm P.O'd about a lot of things at the moment :rotflmao:
    Not only that Nathalie...what if you need to make an urgent call! Grrrr it ticks me off too!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    Not only that Nathalie...what if you need to make an urgent call! Grrrr it ticks me off too!
    I know.. something really needs to be done about this. Could interfere with a potentially life-threatening situation.

we got another call today from these people trying to sell telstra to my mum ...

she told them that we had to leave the line free cause we were waiting for a call from my grandparents who are in new zealand for a holiday .. and the person was like .. ohh no no dont hang up .. so she hung up ..lol

and funny enough 5 minutes later my grandparents rang ...

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SaRaH...
    we got another call today from these people trying to sell telstra to my mum ...

she told them that we had to leave the line free cause we were waiting for a call from my grandparents who are in new zealand for a holiday .. and the person was like .. ohh no no dont hang up .. so she hung up ..lol

and funny enough 5 minutes later my grandparents rang ...
    lol
    "Go the Titans"

they called us at least 6 times in an hour last night around dinner time while we were waiting a phone call from my mum

I'm a WILDLIFE WARRIOR for life
    s_s_s/Erin Roderick ? 2008. Posts must not be reproduced or published in any form without my express prior consent.

Quote Originally Posted by s_s_s
    they called us at least 6 times in an hour last night around dinner time while we were waiting a phone call from my mum
    its a giant pain in the you know what

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"