View Poll Results: Do you like Blade, the Gold Coast Titans mascot?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 61.00%
  • No

13 13.00%
  • It will grow on me

26 26.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

nah thanks for the offor though, ill just wait for online pics

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

From the GC Bulletin Online....

Everytime I hear the word/name Blade, I automatically get the Techno Song from the Movie Blade in my head!
    Otherwise, I like him.

wow...thats..different...its pretty big, i dunno if i like it yet. it might grow on me

GO THE MAROONS!

Well, i'd really need to see it first.
    But, i'm going to go with a no anyhow, just because I wanted them to be the Pirates, so I want a pirate mascot. *grins stubbornly*

Personally I love it

That picture doesn't do him justice... When I first saw that picture I thought he looked like a giant aqua blob, and was saying urgggh... but the picture, it's too bright....

This one though is better, and TBH I reckon he is ok, I'll grow to like him, I like him, just not sure about why he has a pot belly.... :lol!:

I reckon he's great for the kids though, and he will be seen as friendly instead of intimidating, which is exactly what the NRL wants from their mascots now... so overall, he is a thumbs up from me...

Here is the article.

A Titan among mascots
    Phil Bartsch
    October 13, 2006 12:00am

FRIENDLY ... the Titans new mascot Blade, with Daniel Gall, 10. Picture: Adam Head

HE is every footy team's dream mascot ? a larger-than-life figure of foam you just want to crash tackle.
    Blade, the official mascot of the Gold Coast Titans' rugby league team, made his first public appearance yesterday at the Runaway Bay Super Sports Centre.

"The creation of Blade has taken more than a year, with designers determined to break the mould," said Titans' communications manager Jason Simtome.

Despite his imposing size and boasting a "devastating shoulder charge", Blade is apparently a friendly fellow who really enjoys mingling with the young Titan fans. Mr Simtome said Blade was the brainchild of one of the creators of the Sydney Olympic mascots.

He was specifically designed to be kiddy-friendly but, while he may be soft to touch, he is by no means a soft touch.

"He's pretty hard to knock over," Simtome said.

The Titans' pre-season training gets under way at the Runaway Bay Super Sports Centre next month.

nah dont really like that mascot

Blue behemoth Blade to be a hit with Titans' younger fans
    Pat McLeod
    13Oct06

HIS name is Blade and yesterday he cut an imposing figure amid an avalanche of young fans.

The two-metre giant is the Gold Coast Titans' first mascot and was unveiled to a national television audience at the club's training base, the Runaway Bay Sports Super Centre.

"He's an imposing figure and the creation of Blade has taken more than a year with designers determined to break the mould and create a mascot that Titans fans and the NRL will be proud of," said the club's commercial manager Cameron Murray.

"Blade will be at all our games and community events. He is your meet and greet style of mascot who is targeted more at our younger fans."

Blade was certainly a hit with youngsters who turned out for the mascot's unveiling, which was also part of live crosses to the Channel Nine's Today show.

According to his 'birth certificate' Blade was born in 2005 on the Gold Coast, has the special skills of stamina, strength, a deft round-the-corner pass and a devastating shoulder charge.

His favourite all-time players are Scott Prince, Luke Bailey and Preston Campbell, all of whom coincidentally will all be wearing Titans colours next year.

Blade's favourite food is chocolate-coated crabs and chilli sorbet.

Murray said the Titans' more athletic mascot would probably not debut until the first game of the 2007 season.

The Gold Coast club also made two other significant announcements yesterday.

They confirmed that the Sports Super Centre would be the training base for the team, and local business David Taylor Building Services (DTBS) had come aboard as the shorts sponsor for the next three years in a deal believed to be worth about $600,000.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311

This one though is better, and TBH I reckon he is ok, I'll grow to like him, I like him, just not sure about why he has a pot belly.... :lol!:
    I dont think its a pot belly,its where his fist is and because its the same colour it looks like he has a fat gut...too many chocolate coated crabs!

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Oh and btw i think he looks like something out of a disney movie!! eace:

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    I dont think its a pot belly,its where his fist is and because its the same colour it looks like he has a fat gut...too many chocolate coated crabs!
    Yep you are right... its his fist, he shouldn't stand like that then... it makes him look like he has a gut....

Titan First Grade Squad BrisbaneBroncosRule's Avatar

umm, he looks ok, dont really like him. It will probably grow on me though

I LOVE MICHEL

personally im 50-50 at the moment on it but im sure itll grow on me

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

woah, that thing is HUGE!

I'm with BDT.. first picture got me worried, but second looks awesome. You could take out wilderbeast (or props) with one swing of those arms lol.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

long lost brother?