Default Dragons: Is Thompson handling the speculation well?

Dragons: Is Thompson handling the speculation well?

Lance Thompson is again in the media claiming that 'Brown wants me out' (as per the headline at smh.com.au), is he handling this contract speculation the right way?

Do you think the Dragons should try and off load him?

Is Thompson in the right here?

Let us know.

DeeGan

I think Thompson is overreacting in this situation. For all he knows, Nathan Brown just wants to review his contract, not get rid of him.

Titan CEO

I think he is being a bit silly about this...he is over-reacting because of what he heard from someone else. Then when the dragons call him into have a talk about everything..he says no and doesnt show up. How can they work it out if he is not willing to work it out? I think the dragons should off load him anyway...he is past it he could fetch a ton of money in england and thats where he will end up, the retirement home for aussie players.

i think the way Thompson is going about it isn't doing him any favours.. it seems like he is kinda alienating himself from the club and making this situation between him and dragons worse for himself.
    he doesn't want to leave the dragons and don't think dragons really want him to leave - only cos of teh salary cap has this come about, otherwise he would be there till he retires imo

Dragons should try and get rid off him as soon as possible. If this talk is going on to next season then he can see himself playing for preimier league. If he was smart than get a realease from the club and move to england where he will get heaps of money before his retirement.

look the slary cap is there for a reason no 1 can dodge it(except a few teams).i know thommo is red and white to the core but matty johns was red and blue to the core too.clubs have to make buisness decisions these day's that doesn't please everyone and if he is released he just need's to find another club and get on with playin footy in the tough consistent way he alway's does.
    would be a kick in the guts though.

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Well considering what I've read and heard and not knowing every little fact of the whole situation, I actually feel sorry for and agree with Lance on this one. The guy has been a Dragon through and through for 10-11 yrs and even did them a favour by taking a pay cut to help out when he signed his current contract, yet he seems to be painted as the bad guy in the whole situation. Now I know he could probably do things a little different media wise but what do the Dragons expect when Brown and Doust are away holidaying (for club reasons which is fair enough by the way) and we don't get their side of the story. At the moment it all seems a little bit of "he said, she said" type stuff but I personally think a player of Lance's stature and ability deserves better...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

doust is a disgrace
    we are talkin about a fella whos been in good form this year,
    been there since he made harold matthews

and took 150K paycut to keep star players at the club

very poor

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

I would have to agree with Cliffy , this bloke is as red & white as there has ever been & would have to have been one of the Dragons best players this season unlike a lot of other highly "Over Rated" players he turns up week in week out & puts in 100% , as for some on this forums saying he is past it the guy is only 26 so i would say he has plenty to offer in England or even the "GOLD COAST "

Would love to see Lance at the Titans in '07. The Dragons have massive salary cap pressures so someone has to make way.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....