Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Poida
    nope it went to hunt. although he only got 2 tries i say thurston orlocky shoulda got it
    yeah i agree, Hunt was good, but IMO thurston put in a bloody good performance. I dunno about lockyer though, he wasnt that outstanding.

GO THE MAROONS!

Junior Titan

i didn't get to much of the ball tonight but both thurston and hunt deserved it
    "Go the Titans"

One thing i hated about the game was the way CH 9 handled it going back to tim sheridan at halftime lol and it felt like it was being boradcast from CH 9 studios. Geez i hope Rabs and Sterling are doing commentary in Melbourne next week what a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Lol

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    One thing i hated about the game was the way CH 9 handled it going back to tim sheridan at halftime lol and it felt like it was being boradcast from CH 9 studios. Geez i hope Rabs and Sterling are doing commentary in Melbourne next week what a disgrace.
    i totally agree with you and the fact it wasn't live
    "Go the Titans"

i totally agree with you and the fact it wasn't live
    My point exactly what was the point of going to Time Sherridan Chances are the Commentators were in sydney watching it off a screen

I would have given it to Locky, I thought he was good, but so were Thirsty and Hunt...

The Aussie put in a good effort tonight. They did what they had to do and got the job done with professionalism and some good footy. The whole thing did get a bit ragged in the 2nd half, but the score was on the board by then, so now real big issue.

I was critical about Inglis not starting at Number 1 and Tate not in the side, but tonight I am happy to say I now see why Stuart did it. Smith, Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges and Thurston all know each other and their combinations are so fluid, it was just great to watch and especially to have that luxury of players getting into space and knowing someone was there backing them up.

Karmichael had a great game and although I ain't that big a fan of his, he did a very decent job tonight and I have no qualms him keeping the number 1 jersey for a while yet... he was good in defense, great in attack and his combination with Lockyer is superb.

:lol!: at King, WTF was he thinking going and starting a fight, and then he starts it with the wrong guy.. LMAO, that was classic.

LOL at Gould blowing up about the Inglis no try. For those who were wondering it was given no try because Hunt runs into 2 kiwi players as Inglis breaks through the line, and although I reckon it was a poor decision and Inglis should have gotten a try, the fact that Gould went on about that one decision for 15 mins afterwards was just hilarious...

On that, Why did we have Vossy, Ikin and Gould over in NZ, what happened to the regulars like Sterlo, A Johns, M Johns, even Vautin... I mean the commentary team was questionable tonight, not saying they didn't do a great job, just I was highly surprised by who ended up calling the game.... and no I didn't include Rabs in there because Rabs refuses to travel these days.

Overall though, I am happy, Great performance and bring on Melbourne next week....

My point exactly what was the point of going to Time Sherridan Chances are the Commentators were in sydney watching it off a screen
    LOL Grimmace, may have seemed like that, but I can assure you Vossy, Gould and Ikin were in Auckland, ABC Radio did an interview with them before the match, but I wasn't expect them to be THE commentary team... Channel 9 have some explaining to do... if they didn't already... :ok:

I'de like to randomly say, after that hit on mason, kidwell is my hero to mouth the words "**** off" during the haka should put a target on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh
    I'de like to randomly say, after that hit on mason, kidwell is my hero to mouth the words "**** off" during the haka should put a target on your back.
    LMAO I know... but TBH, it was all fun and games.... in the end Kidwell got the payback he wanted and everyone got a good piece of entertainment, I doubt Willie actually meant anything from it, he was just firing up everyone around him and the NZ media... eace:

:rotflmao: You and the team looked awesome tonight Darren.

yeah the whole thing looked unproffessional and was a letdown. even the camera's were poor quality. what was the go with that. Ray warren would have been far better.

Also a better commantry team would have been better than tim sheridan interviewing Brian kearny and matt johns...and for gods sake...If they're going to make out its live, at least dont read answers off a damn sheet brian kearny, it totally looked like a school oral presentation! The only thing i enjoyed tonght was the quality play coming from australia and at times NZ. the whole fulltime report was a major let down.

I found that massive kidwell hit hilarious...seeing big willie drop to the ground was priceless. It lifted the intensity and atmosphere of the game right up, especially for the kiwi's. Mason will sure remember that hit.

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    yeah the whole thing looked unproffessional and was a letdown. even the camera's were poor quality. what was the go with that. Ray warren would have been far better.

Also a better commantry team would have been better than tim sheridan interviewing Brian kearny and matt johns...and for gods sake...If they're going to make out its live, at least dont read answers off a damn sheet brian kearny, it totally looked like a school oral presentation! The only thing i enjoyed tonght was the quality play coming from australia and at times NZ. the whole fulltime report was a major let down.

I found that massive kidwell hit hilarious...seeing big willie drop to the ground was priceless. It lifted the intensity and atmosphere of the game right up, especially for the kiwi's. Mason will sure remember that hit.
    There is no chance you will get Ray Warren commentating, he has said numerous times his days of travelling around interstate and overseas to commentate football are over, he only does swimming events overseas now...

I do agree though that we should have seen Sterlo and Fatty there, even Gordon Tallis or Andrew Johns would have been better than tonights team, sorry to Vossy but those 2 beside you don't do you justice IMO.

As for Willie, he provided entertainment, yes what he did was not really smart, but then again, I guess he wanted to fire everyone up, which he sure did achieve, and Mason will learn not to mouth off because now he has a black eye to show for it...

but what a great start to the match...willie mason mouthin off at the kiwi's during the haka...what a legend! i bow down to him. but as you said, it wasnt the smartest thing hes ever done :whatd:

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    but what a great start to the match...willie mason mouthin off at the kiwi's during the haka...what a legend! i bow down to him. but as you said, it wasnt the smartest thing hes ever done :whatd:
    LOL when the Kiwi supporters come on, you are so going to get it...

Nah seriously, he wasn't smart doing that, the Haka is not just a dance, but a representation of their culture and history, and he has angered quite a few kiwis tonight from what I am reading on forums.

However I will say that whilst what he did was not smart, it was done as a onfield reaction to a moment, and was really done just to pump up his team... I doubt he even realised the gravity of what he did TBH, maybe he should have, but in that atmosphere... it does happen sometimes...