Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Big Titan the club did sign Matt Hilder but you are right the club probablly needs one more solid signing in the halves department.
    100% agree.......

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I'm not that worried about Gasnier, ive seen him kick a few times, it will all sort out in time, what i'm worried about is the front row.

While clubs like Brisbane,Bulldogs, Raiders, Titans and Sharks for example, have lost key men upfront they have youngesters that have tasted first grade footy once or twice, through injury or suspension oppurtunites.

The Dragons will be missing a bit up front next year, No Bailey, Timmins, Bickerstaff and Henderson, Habercaht and Gorell will most likely go.

So up Front you have Ryles, Poore, Woolford, Young, Sims, Creagh, Isemonger, Wicks and Payne as reconisable players with expirence, even so some are still in the learning phases and have huge holes to fill.

The major concern is this bang (the dreaded injury curse hits the saints again) Poore and Ryles get injured, Creagh gets suspended and Payne gets concussed again.

You have players like Charlie Leano,Chris Houston, Andrew Price, The Setu Brothers and Lee Tee Marii(off my head as in form players) that need to allready fill the holes left but also cover injuries, suspensions and rest games, many have no or little first grade nrl expirence, were as other clubs have purchased players with expirence up front we have only purchased one, so i'm worried that repaeats of the two bulldogs/saints games were we were completly smashed up front will happen all year.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    I agree, I mean the loss of Webcke is HUGE! Never be replaced, but we have alot of guys who can step up to the challenge, and with depth I think we are pretty good tbh. With teh improved form of Perry, even a halfback is not 100% urgent!
    I still think we need to look at buying a half back. Don't get me wrong, Perry is a quality half back but he's getting on a bit. Im all for Hunt been slotted into the no. 7 as well.

The titans also have david myles who can play 5/8

Mathers, ive heard he can play all over the backline?

And Chris Sandow can cover halfback

Presto and prince can play in both 5/8 and halfback as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons
    You have players like Charlie Leano,Chris Houston, Andrew Price, The Setu Brothers and Lee Tee Marii(off my head as in form players) that need to allready fill the holes left but also cover injuries, suspensions and rest games, many have no or little first grade nrl expirence, were as other clubs have purchased players with expirence up front we have only purchased one, so i'm worried that repaeats of the two bulldogs/saints games were we were completly smashed up front will happen all year.
    Um... you don't have Te Maari, we do... he is a Bulldog from 2007 and adds nicely to our large depth list, as well as giving us a handy backup kicker... I can't wait for his immenent entry to the Blue and white.

But yes that is a fear for all clubs,luckily for the Dogs we have ensured our depth is strong in all areas, but 5/8th is a concern, we lose DJ and we have no one else to fill the gap, ok perhaps Karawana, but he has little first grade experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBronco
    I still think we need to look at buying a half back. Don't get me wrong, Perry is a quality half back but he's getting on a bit. Im all for Hunt been slotted into the no. 7 as well.
    They signed Brent McConnell from the Cowboys earlier in the year for 2007. But he is 27 and hasn't done anything special for the Cowboys a few years back when he made their 1st grade squad. He looks to be another Perry.

I wish we could have a dynamic halves combo. Like Anasta and Sherwin in their prime. We need a leading no.7, commanding control of the ruck, directing fowards and giving Brisbane a second 5th tackle option besides Lokcyer.

We should blood a few youngsters (much like the Storm did with Cronk).
    Joel Moon has huge potential and plays 5/8th. Lockyer comes into 1st reciever alot and does control the fowards so why not just change the number on his back and put Moon in the side to see how he goes in the top grade.

We re-signed him this year after the Storm, Cowboys and Titans were trying to poach him. He would be worth a shot even if he could give the no.7 a go.

We could of solved this last year by not letting Berrick Barnes go. He was a great little no.7, and yet we persisted with Seymour and look were he got us.
    Signature removed as per member guidelines

Junior Titan

Seymour got us the flag, because him playing crap brought in perry who IMO helped win the flag.
    BRONCOS 2006!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A WIN AND I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Perry's GF performance, I dunno if we need to look at buying another halfback for a while

However, if he is injure/retire/form slump, we could have a look at putting ennis in the no.7. Berro is in the form of his life at hooker

Maybe give hunt a go in the halves next year. Hunt at 6, Locky at 7

Ben Green is a qualtiy player. So is Joel Moon, though more of a 5/8 or lock
    Last edited by jake86; 06-10-06 at 10:35 AM.

Newcastle need Wingers.

We lost our two First Grade wingers (Carney and Quinn) although we have great juniors coming through like Aku Uate, id still like to have someone with First grade experience. MacDougall can always play on the wing but with his record he will only play like 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Newcastle need Wingers.

We lost our two First Grade wingers (Carney and Quinn) although we have great juniors coming through like Aku Uate, id still like to have someone with First grade experience. MacDougall can always play on the wing but with his record he will only play like 10 games.
    i watched the J Flegg GF, you guys had some good outside backs playing there, you were the Minor Prems, so you only need a couple of them to step up and you'll be fine for wingers, Newcastle need Simpson to step up and play like BK, the backs arn't to bad, K Gidley will only get better, the same with Mullen, and your No.7 goes allright. its a forward leader you nee so IMO Simpson is the man that has to keep fit and take control. your backs are good.1 Gidley, 2 ?, 3 Carmont, 4 McMad dog, 5 Thaiday, 6 Mullen, 7 Joey ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo
    They signed Brent McConnell from the Cowboys earlier in the year for 2007. But he is 27 and hasn't done anything special for the Cowboys a few years back when he made their 1st grade squad. He looks to be another Perry..
    Brent McConnell was Qld Cup player of the year in 2004 for Burleigh before being picked up by the Cowboys in 2005. He played a few games for the Cowboys this year but as with Brett Firman, he wasn't given a decent chance to cement a place in the team. He's been really good for the Young Guns for a couple of years. I think he could be a great attacking player if given the chance to build up a decent combination at the Broncos. His size is his main problem though. He'd be one of the smallest players in the comp.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    I agree, I mean the loss of Webcke is HUGE! Never be replaced, but we have alot of guys who can step up to the challenge, and with depth I think we are pretty good tbh. With teh improved form of Perry, even a halfback is not 100% urgent!
    perry is getting better but i would like to see hunt in the no. 7
    "Go the Titans"