View Poll Results: Should we have to pay to watch Sport?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 13.64%
  • No

16 72.73%
  • Maybe- Cmon they have to get something from it

1 4.55%
  • Don't Care- I have FOXTEL, everyone else should get with the times

2 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What you don't think FOXTEL would make them pay per view events?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    What you don't think FOXTEL would make them pay per view events?
    It's just that...how greedy do they want to get...how many people do they want to disadvantage :')..I have Foxtel..but alot of people i know dont...Alot of families wont be able to afford to show their children a game of football...or even the Olympics...thats just sad

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    It's just that...how greedy do they want to get...how many people do they want to disadvantage :')..I have Foxtel..but alot of people i know dont...Alot of families wont be able to afford to show their children a game of football...or even the Olympics...thats just sad
    I understand completely what your saying, its a disgrace how greedy these dogs are, and unfortunately I don't see them easing up.

Hopefully sanity prevails and FOX doesn't get its hands on the free to air sporting events.

Titan First Grade Squad

i say yes but thats becoz we pay for foxtel digital on 2 different tvs and now they have 10 or so sport channels now...plus nine and ten and those..

Titan First Grade Squad BrisbaneBroncosRule's Avatar

I have foxtel, but we shouldnt have to pay

I LOVE MICHEL

Titan First Grade Squad

pay per view boxing is usually $50
    wrestling $25-$30

and thats all that is really sport that u have to pay EXTRA on top of the foxtel bill for if u buy it..

Quote Originally Posted by zacaroo
    pay per view boxing is usually $50
    wrestling $25-$30

and thats all that is really sport that u have to pay EXTRA on top of the foxtel bill for if u buy it..
    Yeah but I'm talking about if FOXTEL had the Bathurst weekend or Olympics, they would most like make that a pay per view event, like they do with boxing and wrestling. Not to get wrestling mistaken with sport though.

Not alot of the Free-2-Air sport is worth saving. You get it all on Foxtel anyway.

At least that way most games televised on everyones TV would be live.
    Signature removed as per member guidelines

Yes but as we are all starting to realise, it means many miss out, is that fair, the rich get to see the sport, and the rest get nothing.

I mean we are seeing as is posted in the thread in the sports forum, only International Cricket will be on FTA, so that means that all those including myself who don't have pay don't get to see The Ford Ranger Cup which has been a great sporting spectacle for Channel 9 for a long time.. its not really fair on the majority IMO.

Well in a good sighn the NBL has cdome back to FTA even though its not a major sport in Australia people can still see a hightlights package on CH9 although as i said this is the tip of the iceberg as a lot of companies would rather have their sports on foxtel which IMO is murder to the sporting public.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Well in a good sighn the NBL has cdome back to FTA even though its not a major sport in Australia people can still see a hightlights package on CH9 although as i said this is the tip of the iceberg as a lot of companies would rather have their sports on foxtel which IMO is murder to the sporting public.
    Yes I saw that, and I am looking forward to watching it if I am at home.. I love my West Sydney side and to be able to see them, even if they are losing like there is no tomorrow ATM, is good to see...

Congrats to the NBL for bringing the game back to the fans, keep it up and people will return to the courts...

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Default sort should e free

yes i have to agree sport should be free and i mean all sport!!! I got told that we are losing a sporta year to foxtel and austar!!! what happensif all sport is given topay tv??i love my sport and i'd hate to see nothing but allthose Drama stuf on tv!!tv wouldnt be the same!!BRING BACK THE SPORT!!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Sanity should prevail and sport will be free for all to watch, my tv will be going out the window if free sport is taken away, i'll start exercising instead.