Default Gold Coast Titans wish Shaun Timmins - 'all the best'

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle this afternoon congratulated Shaun Timmins on an outstanding NRL and representative career and wished him well for the future, following a mutual decision by the pair to end negotiations that could have seen the former State or Origin and Test star playing for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans next year.

After consulting a knee surgeon Timmins has been advised to end his playing career.

Searle said:

"I am very disappointed obviously from a Jetstar Gold Coast Titans point of view, but more so for Shaun that the surgeon's prognosis on his injured knee wasn't more encouraging, however I do want to thank Shaun for his honesty and understanding during our preliminary talks.

"Shaun has been a tremendous player for St George, New South Wales and Australia over many years and would have been a fantastic inclusion to Coach John Cartwright's squad, but at the end of the day there is nothing more important than your health and we would like to wish Shaun the very best in his recovery and for the future."

This was on rleague.com

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Good to see honesty all round.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

thanks for posting that.

Seems like the best outcome. He'd have been a valuable signing, but only if he had the miles left in his knees. He's had a great career and goodluck to him with life after footy.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Good to see honesty all round.
    definately
    "Go the Titans"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Will miss you timmo, sorry you codun't finish your career with a priemership ring, enjoy your football retirment.

Congrats on a Sensational Career Shaun, you have made Rugby League a better place... and you served NSW so well, who can forget your field goal in SOO...

Thanks for the memories, shame the knee has ended it all, but you are a champ and good luck for the future, we will miss you... it has been a great journey, and you gave us many great times, so I will forever be glad that you were able to grace our screens and hearts.

Sad to see him go, He still has a bit off footy left in him. I wish him well for the future.

I always knew that those things (some call them knees, in Timmo's case, it was just 2 bones on top of one another ) would catch up with you in the end. It is a shame to see you go, but I have already come to realise the fact that you are gone Thanks for the memories mate

Geez sad news top player for his team, NSW and Australia. Sad to see his career end like that. Good luck to him in what ever he ends up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XL
    Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle this afternoon congratulated Shaun Timmins on an outstanding NRL and representative career and wished him well for the future, following a mutual decision by the pair to end negotiations that could have seen the former State or Origin and Test star playing for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans next year.

After consulting a knee surgeon Timmins has been advised to end his playing career.

Searle said:

"I am very disappointed obviously from a Jetstar Gold Coast Titans point of view, but more so for Shaun that the surgeon's prognosis on his injured knee wasn't more encouraging, however I do want to thank Shaun for his honesty and understanding during our preliminary talks.

"Shaun has been a tremendous player for St George, New South Wales and Australia over many years and would have been a fantastic inclusion to Coach John Cartwright's squad, but at the end of the day there is nothing more important than your health and we would like to wish Shaun the very best in his recovery and for the future."

This was on rleague.com
    Thanks for the dedication and memories Shaun...so sad to see him go! Dam knee injury, he still would have had many a good game left in him! All the best to him, in his new venture! We've lost another champion! :')

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Sad to see his career end like this

Great player, good luck to him after footy

Titan First Grade Regular

Now there is a MAN of principal, congratulation Shaun on a tremendous career and hope you are not lost to football, and have a great retirement.cya. :win: