Default Titans: Welcome to your first pre-season!

Titans: Welcome to your first pre-season!

"For the Coast, For the Fans, For real in 2007"

My preferred Jetstar Gold Coast Titans
    Captain, Scott Prince

I went to the 2006 NRL Grand Final more excited about seeing the Gold Coast Titans being welcomed to the NRL than the game last night, I don't think I was the only one as I saw a few of my new "brothers" wearing their Gold Coast Titans merchandise with pride. After the Grand Final, trudging along the main road back to the $15 all day car park, I started to think ahead and it hit me like a Tonie Carroll front on hit ... "OUR PRE-SEASON IS HERE!"

November 13, 2006 is when John Cartwright will begin what I hope to be a long and fruitful partnership with our club as head coach. He will preside over his first training session joined by the Queensland legends Scott Sattler, Trevor Gillmeister and Billy Johnstone. What a quartet - do you think the Gold Coast Titans are offering those who signed a retirement home? Think again. I can't blame Steve Turner from having second thoughts.

As a Gold Coast Titans fan, there are many "first time" experiences that other fans take for granted:

* Our first time being apart of the annual pre-season publications where I am told we are one of the favourites for the wooden spoon (rubbish!)
    * Our first opportunity to collect Gold Coast Titans football cards
    * Our first pre-season game
    * Our first NRL Season launch
    * Our first season ticket allocation
    * Our first time being apart of the season draw

You get the picture. The little things that other NRL fans have grown to appreciate as part of their NRL season just became our reality. We are now mixing it FOR REAL with the other tribes, it doesn't get much better than this. You won't experience all of this again nor will any other Gold Coast Titans fan in 10, 20 or 50 years.

Personally, this is going to be a busy time for myself as I will be working on a "project" that is going to be for the fans of the Gold Coast Titans. There will be others involved, we will release all the information as we finalise some bits and pieces.

Embrace this time is the point! This is our first pre-season as we count down to kick-off which is only 166 days away!

A new era for not only the Gold Coast but for Rugby League in Australia. It wont be long before it is Round 1 and the Titans run out onto Cararra for the first time. As a Queenslander I am proud that finally Queensland has been given another team to cheer as their own.

i titans go well we wil be cheering for them

gee its already here it only feels like yesterday we had so long to wait but the wait is over bring on the 2007 season go you titans

who are they gonna vrs first?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    who are they gonna vrs first?
    We will find out when the draw is released.

My preference is listed in my signature - the debutants versus the reigning premieres the Brisbane Broncos. Instant sellout.

Well said Deegan, only a matter of time until the stadiums will be packed with Aqua and Yellow. :box:

If we do verse Brisbane it would most likely be in Suncorp, which will be awesome - a tight away section coming together for the first time.

OMG... We are so close. :emp: :emp:

do titans even have a chance of coming in top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    We will find out when the draw is released.

My preference is listed in my signature - the debutants versus the reigning premieres the Brisbane Broncos. Instant sellout.
    Do you honestly believe that they will do away with a proven fan favourite for round one between the Cowboys and the Broncos in order to allow the Titans to play the Broncos?

Amazing - whether it be here or LU, you seem to continue have something to say about any post I make. Coincidence I guess or someone still with a chip on their shoulder?

To answer your questions, I think it is a possibility - yes. It is my preference, it is for mine a distinct possibility for the NRL to schedule this game. Am I certain? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Amazing - whether it be here or LU, you seem to continue have something to say about any post I make. Coincidence I guess or someone still with a chip on their shoulder?
    I have no reason to have a chip on my shoulder, if you think that, you need to get over yourself, quickly.

I thought the idea of a forum was to discuss topics, yet because I quote you there is an issue, and funnily enough I hardly recall even noticing you on LU?

I have no issue, the quicker you realise that, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    I have no reason to have a chip on my shoulder, if you think that, you need to get over yourself, quickly.

I thought the idea of a forum was to discuss topics, yet because I quote you there is an issue, and funnily enough I hardly recall even noticing you on LU?

I have no issue, the quicker you realise that, the better.
    Most please to hear.

Again, to answer your question, I do think there is a possibility in the Titans playing the Broncos.

Time will tell.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Well summed up in the opening post, deegs.

I was thinking along these lines the other day too. Just the realisation the current season is over and we're in the very next... the wait is nearly over. Hell, this year has flown... i've been on the forum for over a year now, as have others, and it seems like a blink. Pinch yourself guys, our team will be running out on the park sooner then you know it!

As for the first game... v broncos would be unbelievable, although carrara would buckle under demand for sure. You could sell out suncorp with that opener. Another decent option (if the broncos and cowboys are tied up playing eachother) would be fly melbourne up maybe.