Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default 1 Titan to play in the Tri-Nations

Brian Carney is the only player that is going to play for the titans playing in next months Tri-Nations with no Titans in the Australian Squad and Jake Webster being told not to play for New Zealand. Very disapointed in the lack of players in all sides especially the Australian side.

I read in a report that Jake was asked by the Gold Coast Titans which I found interesting - I might try and source more on that one.

Luke Bailey would have been in the Australian squad if not for injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Matchu
    Brian Carney is the only player that is going to play for the titans playing in next months Tri-Nations with no Titans in the Australian Squad and Jake Webster being told not to play for New Zealand. Very disapointed in the lack of players in all sides especially the Australian side.
    Oh really is that big of shock from a our selectors i mean come on they do use the loyalty thing but yeah Baileys out injured, How Turner didnt get in i dont know but there shouldnt be that many titans players there anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Oh really is that big of shock from a our selectors i mean come on they do use the loyalty thing but yeah Baileys out injured, How Turner didnt get in i dont know but there shouldnt be that many titans players there anyway
    Yeh I get that but theres only one!

Yeh I get that but theres only one!
    Which is a great thing from the Titans perspective as pretty much the whole squad gets to train with eachother from the get go instead of players walking in half-way through pre season training.
    Which Titans players did you want to see in the tri-nations by the way?

Banned

Which is a great thing from the Titans perspective as pretty much the whole squad gets to train with eachother from the get go instead of players walking in half-way through pre season training.
    Which Titans players did you want to see in the tri-nations by the way?
    I would have liked to see Webster and Prince.

Heres the reason why webster aint playing:

NEW ZEALAND

SONNY Bill Williams' agent insists the Bulldogs star is not out of the Tri-Nations ? yet.

New Zealand coach Brian McClennan said yesterday he was resigned to being without Williams because of a persistent knee injury ? the second year in a row the marquee forward will have missed the series.

But manager Gavin Orr said: "Bluey is surmising the worst ? we only had the scans done on Friday and we won't be going to see the doctor until tomorrow.

"Steve (Folkes, Dogs coach) has said he wants Sonny Bill to look after the knee and have surgery if it is needed, but we don't know for sure yet."

Matt Utai (ankle) is also set to pull out while Melbourne's Jake Webster (shoulder) has been told by new club Gold Coast not to make himself available.
    McClennan and his Kiwi selectors today pick a squad for the title defence, starting October 14 against Australia at Mount Smart Stadium.

Source: Daily telegraph

Banned

while Melbourne's Jake Webster (shoulder) has been told by new club Gold Coast not to make himself available.
    So are the titans making him have surgery or just don't want him to further injure his shoulder? or do they just want him to train with us and miss the tri-nations

DOesnt say anything but id presume it could be a risk for a long term injury if he plays and gets injured

So are the titans making him have surgery or just don't want him to further injure his shoulder? or do they just want him to train with us and miss the tri-nations
    I think the Titans are trying to prevent his injury from getting more serious and ensure that he is playing in the Titans colours ASAP.

Banned

So you think he is just going to rest for a couple of months?

Does anyone know why Richie Mathers is not in the Great Britain squad? Is he injured or just not selected?

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan
    Does anyone know why Richie Mathers is not in the Great Britain squad? Is he injured or just not selected?
    The Great Britain squad can be found here:

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=5619

And no Richie Mathers is not in the squad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan
    Richie Mathers had surgery a couple of months ago and hasn't played since just to get ready for the titans next year.

Thanks guys. I'm just reading about it now. Apparently he should be right to start training in November