Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Jersey Flegg Grand Final: Newcastle vs Penrith

Discuss the match here

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

14-6 to newcastle at half time,too many errors from penrith in the first half (sounds like first grade) :ok:

Penrith hit back 5 mins into second half..14-12

Sustained pressure from penrith 16-14 kick to come

Newcastle 20-18 after 60min

Game over Penrith win 22-20

22-20 full time!

Go the Panthers!

Was very impressed with the fullback and 5/8 from the Panthers.

Congrats to the Panthers!

the hooker,Seuseu looks the goods

That was a great game to watch

I hope the rest of the games today/tonight are just as close

IMO Newcastle were the better team which is probably bias because im a knights supporter. But in that second half we made some stupid mistakes and Penrith took adavantage of them.

Theres definately future first graders in Both teams.

For Penrith Jarrod Sammut was a standout with a good kicking game. Tim Grant is a big prop who had some good runs, Michael Jennings was fantastic he was fast and had a good step he was hard to tackle.

For Newcastle theres Akuila Uate who will make it big in First Grade he has alot of potential, he showed some of his stuff with his 60 metre solo try he has alot of speed and good strength im looking forward to seeing him play for the red and blue. Theres Callan Richardson who is just finished SG ball he will be a great player if he continues to improve. Scott Dureau a fantastic play maker and a great runner will be looking to get a first grade spot once Johns retires. Terence Seu Seu a former Fullback now Hooker has made a good swap in positions a Great dammy half runner and provides good passes to out playmakers and Props. And Kade Snowden he is destined for big things in the game he has made many rep team and played great in all of them will push for a bench spot next year. Well as you can see i can go on for ages talking about the knights but ill leave it there.
    Last edited by Luke; 02-10-06 at 12:17 PM.

Titan Club Captain

I watched the last 20 or so minutes. And saw Weepu's try..and was like.."wonder if he's related to Piri Weepu" .. and they kinda look alike..so IMO they are, and how many people walk around with the last name Weepu, and arn't related to the Weepu clang!!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    I watched the last 20 or so minutes. And saw Weepu's try..and was like.."wonder if he's related to Piri Weepu" .. and they kinda look alike..so IMO they are, and how many people walk around with the last name Weepu, and arn't related to the Weepu clang!!
    Yep Kimmy, you are smart and spot on... Wiremu Weepu is the cousin of PW.. and I didn't know this, but I am sure you did, so is Marvin Karawana....

From:http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...353319746.html

League product to All Blacks prodigy
    By Brad Walter
    Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ever since an eight-year-old Piri Weepu began defusing towering bombs from the likes of Tana Umaga and Earl Va'a at training, big things have been predicted for the rookie All Blacks halfback - but even he thought it would be in rugby league.

The 21-year-old brother of former Manly forward Billy Weepu, once touted as the biggest player in the NRL, grew up in the New Zealand league stronghold of Wainuiomata - a tight-knit Wellington community that has produced the likes of John Lomax, Paul Whatuira, David Faiumu, Va'a and Umaga, the All Blacks captain recruited by Newcastle as a junior.

With his parents Bill and Kura both long-time Wainuiomata committee members and cousins Marvin Karawana (Bulldogs), John TeReo (Brisbane) and Wiremu Weepu (Penrith) all playing with NRL outfits, it seemed inevitable the club's former ball boy would follow suit.

"He was destined to be halfback for the Kiwis, there's no doubt at all about that," said renowned former Wainuiomata coach Ken Laban, whose son Hanan plays with Newcastle and boards with one of the Knights' founders, Michael Hill.

"Piri had never played any rugby union until he went to secondary school at Te Aute College in Hawkes Bay. He was essentially a product of the Wainuiomata rugby league club and where I think he cut his teeth was playing touch with myself, Earl and Tana in a competition against adults when he was only 10 years of age."

Titan Club Captain

Yeah I had been told by Kurry that Marvin and PW were related.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Yeah I had been told by Kurry that Marvin and PW were related.
    And now you have WW and PW...

Question for everyone out there, I can't find it, but something tells me from the look for Terence Seu Seu, that he is related to Jerry... if anyone can find info, can you post here, as I'd love to see the relation....

Here's a picture of Terence

and here's Jerry

Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 03-10-06 at 12:45 PM.

Titan Club Captain

TJ..you just gotta look at the name IMO..they are related ..who goes around with that last name and isnt related to Jerry!!!..as soon as I heard his name I was like "he's related to Jerry"