Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    Dont think anyone is really trying to say 'it's not a problem'...obviously it's not the thing to do...but it is not an ongoing issue. The louts involved should be held accountable.
    It may not be a ongoing issue for the Broncos (Thank goodness) but it is a ongoing issue in many sports and many sporting clubs. The problem is a hard one to solve, the issue of alcohol at games is at the centre of the problem. However with main sponsorship of sports coming from alcohol companies the problem doesnt look like it will disappear any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    It may not be a ongoing issue for the Broncos (Thank goodness) but it is a ongoing issue in many sports and many sporting clubs. The problem is a hard one to solve, the issue of alcohol at games is at the centre of the problem. However with main sponsorship of sports coming from alcohol companies the problem doesnt look like it will disappear any time soon.
    Really agree with your post Qlder....Get rid of the alcohol...problem solved

Titan One Clubman

I think the bulldogs have gotten rid of most (if not all) these trouble making fans...

There were plenty of dogs fans at Canberra stadium this year and there was no trouble what so ever..

Telstra stadium for the qualifying final was exactly the same, no trouble at all..

look my view on it is stereotyping fans because of one or two stupid fools is a silly thing to do. stereotyping anybody is stupid itself
    within every club has stooges who ruin it for people
    its wrong to just single out the broncos or bulldogs.
    every club has idiotic fans . but its only a few not all of them
    Last edited by Poida; 25-09-06 at 11:31 AM.

Really agree with your post Qlder....Get rid of the alcohol...problem solved
    Idiots are idiots regardless of what the breathalyzer says. If it wasn't beer it would have been coke or something thrown. Simply getting rid of alcohol at games will not solve a damn thing.

You get rid of the d!ckheads causing the problem, that'll go a lot further to solve the problem.

As for people regarding this as an isolated incident and nothing to worry about, wake up to yourselves. The first time some Bulldogs fans kicked the sh!t outta opposition fans I'll bet some people said the same thing, then it happened again. BDT_311 is spot on and people should listen to him, he's talking from experiance. If you let the supposed little things slide they'll manefest into bigger problems and next thing you know everyone is bagging your team cause of a few brain dead fans screwing things up.

Every single team in the NRL has a small percentage of supporters, who conduct themselves like louts and trouble makers. But I do believe that the alcohol being consumed by the fans would be a major contributing factor.

Cmon BT...It really is an isolated incident...and thats probably why some Bronco fans will try to keep it in perspective.
    I thought it mightve been isolated too but today when i had a look on the kennel this came up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogaholic
    A Bronco supporter was ejected from the game. He was sitting fairly close to me.

Was in a punch up with 2 cops, spilt his beer on the dude in front of him when he was asked to leave. He ended up laying between the seats and was dragged out by four cops.

Did anyone else see this and more importantly did this receive any publicity?
    Thanks to dogaholic from the kennel

Again, every club supporter base will have a few of these no-hopers....As long as it does'nt progress to a group mentality,..... thats when the situation will spiral out of control. I really am not aware of all incidents involving either Bulldogs fans or Broncos fans....but I can't help but feel that some are just trying to pull the Broncos down a level or two....and it almost sounds as if a mountain is being made out of a molehill....I DO NOT CONDONE INAPPROPIATE BEHAVIOUR FROM ANY FANS IN ANY SITUATION....but lets try to keep this in perspective...
    Oh, and PS..I do'nt believe that the media is to blame for the previous problems that the Doggies may have had....the doggies are responsible for that. Nobody else.

Again, every club supporter base will have a few of these no-hopers....As long as it does'nt progress to a group mentality,..... thats when the situation will spiral out of control. I really am not aware of all incidents involving either Bulldogs fans or Broncos fans....but I can't help but feel that some are just trying to pull the Broncos down a level or two....and it almost sounds as if a mountain is being made out of a molehill....I DO NOT CONDONE INAPPROPIATE BEHAVIOUR FROM ANY FANS IN ANY SITUATION....but lets try to keep this in perspective...
    Oh, and PS..I do'nt believe that the media is to blame for the previous problems that the Doggies may have had....the doggies are responsible for that. Nobody else.
    Look its not only the Broncos supporters i'm having a go at it was originally but i know the knights have a few of these drunken idiots as well but when someone gets into a fight with two police officers there pushing their limits quite far. He wasnt trying to say the media is to blame either all he was saying is if this was a Doggies supporter it wouldve been in the media as fast as greese lightning and i agree with him on that sentiment i bet ya when next year rrolls arround there will be a few of these people at titans games next year

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

There was an incident in the Manly vs Penrith game at Brookvale this year when a few of the manly supporters spat and threw beer at a small group of outnumbered penrith supporters and one brave manly soul even had a go at John Lang when he got up to talk to the penrith bench!
    Langy "invited" the drunken cretin to a meeting after the game but was refused... :curse:

Junior Titan

Makes you wonder just how smart those Bronco fans are at $6.00 a beer.This is the sort of garbage that is driving fans (especially families) away from this great game. I hope that the forum members that found this act funny stay away from Cararra.The Titans will pull great family crowds at Cararra and Robina as long as the clowns stay away. Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by dean
    Makes you wonder just how smart those Bronco fans are at $6.00 a beer.This is the sort of garbage that is driving fans (especially families) away from this great game. I hope that the forum members that found this act funny stay away from Cararra.The Titans will pull great family crowds at Cararra and Robina as long as the clowns stay away. Anyone agree?
    100% mate... very well said post, very well said.... at the Titans we should be working hard as fans to ensure we oust anyone who does this... and I agree it will and is driving families away from the footy... well said mate...

Default shav

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    100% mate... very well said post, very well said.... at the Titans we should be working hard as fans to ensure we oust anyone who does this... and I agree it will and is driving families away from the footy... well said mate...
    Well everytime i have taken my Kids/Family to a Broncos game i have not had a problem, would i take them to a Bulldogs home game NO WAY!!! you guys should clean up your own backyard first instead of throwing rubbish in ours, this could just be some bad blood about the loss the other night.

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dean
    Yep... I agree 100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Well everytime i have taken my Kids/Family to a Broncos game i have not had a problem, would i take them to a Bulldogs home game NO WAY!!! you guys should clean up your own backyard first instead of throwing rubbish in ours, this could just be some bad blood about the loss the other night.
    Just out of interest, rock up next time in the opposition colours and cheer against the Broncos. Of course you'd have no problems with Broncos fans you goose.