Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Helen
    We went to the game where Joey blew up..
    Season ticket holder I see..

Who the hell can afford to waste beer at the footy? And on a Doggies fan too. Disgraceful behaviour.

Everyones making a massive deal out of something so minor. A couple of broncos fans poor beers over a couple of dogs fans. woopdy doo. ban them. problem solved.

GO THE MAROONS!

OMG some of you people need to seriously grow a BRAIN... and that is not just the Bulldogs supporter in me, that is the Rugby League supporter.

To all the Broncos fans who think this is just us complaining it ain't. We all agree you deserved to win fair and square, read every post on the Kennel and you will realise we know its our teams own fault we aren't in a Grand Final.

But FFS, that stuff is not on, and sorry, but it ain't the first time I've heard of it either, I have Dragons mates who say they have had bad experiences at Suncorp, Helen talked about Knights supporters, the Kennel had similar comments after the game at Telstra.

There is an issue with supporters from all clubs, and sadly its a minority, but when people like some here have the utmost disrespect and brains and condone it, THAT IS JUST WRONG.

Some of you need to grow up and realise that its a problem when a family can't go to the football and not expect to get beer thrown on them. In some cases like at Sydney FC games, yes you expect it, as its par parcel of the group, but when you aren't told before hand it can happen, then its a serious problem.

I think some of the stuff I have read today is really sad, sad indeed and its a real shame when people want to trivialise the issue of others not being comfortable to go to the great game that is rugby league.

Sorry if it offended some people, but TBH, that is my opinion and you can take it or leave it, because ATM, I am pretty disgusted by some of the comments I have read here today.

Thanks for Grimmace for taking up this crusade, because no fan should have to put up with this from any other fan regardless of what team they belong to, its just not Rugby League.

I hate the title of this thread as it degrades the club I support.

If fans want to go around throwing beer over opposition supporters, then they should be punished no matter which team they support.

Titan One Clubman

Can't believe we have had 4 pages of debate about this...

It is a simple case of d**khead behaviour by d**kheads...

Now friendly banter and taking the piss out of the other team/supporter groups is one of the best parts about going to the games, in fact it can be hilarious to see what people can come up with..
    But that is all in good fun and most of the times you will shake hands with the opposition group shoudl you walk past them...

But pouring beer over people? You can't defend that at all, you go to a game expecting to hear players getting booed, refs getting mocked, but you don't want to leave the stadium with your clothes soaked in beer.. All that does is create negative publicity for the game which will put people off from going...

This would be a really small minority of Broncos fans, who participtated in this sort of behaviour. In any group there is always a couple of people who spoil it for everyone. :ok:

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander

If fans want to go around throwing beer over opposition supporters, then they should be punished no matter which team they support.
    Now this is someone who has sense.... Well done Queenslander...

I will say straight up my other tirade is aimed at all supporters who think its ok to throw beer on other supporters, I mean especially fathers whose kids are at the game with them..

I know it does happen from time to time occasionally by accident when you jump up and down and some spills from the cup, now that's ok, its a accident.

BUT when minorities of every club and I've been to lots of games with lots of different teams including my own where it has occured and people have thrown it purposely just to tease and be rude, then they deserved to be suspended from matches or banned even, because there is not right for anyone out there to be able to ruin the expereience of the great game of Rugby league for others...

And therefore I can't believe there are people here who are willing to say its ok, because there is no excuse for doing something like that, sure its only beer you may say, but when that dries its sticky, not to mention the humiliation around family, especially young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt fan
    Big whoop. It shouldn't happen but it does and a few Broncos fans aren't the only ones to have done it. Broncos fans have a pretty good rep so it isn't a big deal. beer gets thrown at every game, i was drenched in it at the broncs dragons finals game big whoop. Dragons fans threw it at the broncos fans aswell, it's disrespectful but the Bulldogs fans have the worst rep. I think the flare or whatever it was that hte bulldogs fans set off the other year is far more serious than a bit of beer being thrown. That almost wrecked a whole game and put everyone's lives in danger, how do you think the parents that were near that felt?

Every team has some bad fans, the broncos fans aren't known for it, of course there are going to be a few that do stupid stuff.
    I really love ho some supportes can just go meh and pretend it doesnt happen or go oh well it was hillarious.
    This post here is quite true but as i said hes another one who doesnt care and in all honesty the bulldogs are trying to get rid of the reputation they and the media have created for themselves.How ever that big bang thing is over why it got brought up i never know.
    Thanks to hunt fan from the kennel

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy Half
    HA!

I just read the first post of this thread and nearly fell of my seat laughing!

Bulldogs fans complaining about fan behaviour?!?

Very Very Funny!
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander

great way to put it. I hate the title to
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Geez you people are deluded, this is a problem and you are going on about our problems that we are working hard to change....

Seriously if I was one of your supporters, I'd be working hard like we all did at the Dogs to stop this from occuring, we are trying hard to change our image, but I can assure you, if you all keep supporting the minority and not actually trying to stop the little things from occuring, they will get bigger and uglier.

Why do you think we ended up with such a loutish and idiotic minority, because as fans we at the Bulldogs didn't stop the issue when it was small, but instead let it simmer, and it got worse and worse, now we have paid the price... I hope no other club has to get that happen to them.

However if you keep acting like you are, I can assure you it won't be too long till you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Geez you people are deluded, this is a problem and you are going on about our problems that we are working hard to change....

Seriously if I was one of your supporters, I'd be working hard like we all did at the Dogs to stop this from occuring, we are trying hard to change our image, but I can assure you, if you all keep supporting the minority and not actually trying to stop the little things from occuring, they will get bigger and uglier.

Why do you think we ended up with such a loutish and idiotic minority, because as fans we at the Bulldogs didn't stop the issue when it was small, but instead let it simmer, and it got worse and worse, now we have paid the price... I hope no other club has to get that happen to them.

However if you keep acting like you are, I can assure you it won't be too long till you will.
    Cmon BT...It really is an isolated incident...and thats probably why some Bronco fans will try to keep it in perspective.

Titan One Clubman

shavenjas is just here taking the piss (pardon the pun) and trolling...

However, I think some of the others who see no problem with this are actually serious..

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    shavenjas is just here taking the (pardon the pun) and trolling...

However, I think some of the others who see no problem with this are actually serious..
    Dont think anyone is really trying to say 'it's not a problem'...obviously it's not the thing to do...but it is not an ongoing issue. The louts involved should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    shavenjas is just here taking the piss (pardon the pun) and trolling...

I agree Schifty... and that is the disturbing thing, I did quote Shaven, but he quoted Dummy Half who I am sure wasn't joking, and its sad that certain people can condone this.

And Michel, it ain't isolated, I have read numerous stories this season of trips to Suncorp that have included swearing at fans some young kids, beer throwing and other things. AS I SAID, it ain't a problem at the Broncos only, its a problem at every club, like Queenslander said, every club has a minority that is a problem.

The issue I have is when people don't realise it and don't wake up and help the club do something about it, but just condone it, not just at Brisbane but everywhere, because I would hate for any NRL club to have to end up with what the Bulldogs now have, as that is a sad state of affairs and I wouldn't wish it on any club in the NRL.

It will happen though if you all don't wake up and start getting your clubs as fans to do something about the minority instead of just saying its isolated or worse condoning it..