Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Well that wasn't a bad game despite the scoreline. Well Done to St George-Illawarra for their almost flawless game...

Bad Luck to the Sea-Eagles fans but it had to happen to someone this w'end and it was always gonna happen to the Eagles eventually...

Bring on Saints-Storm and hopefully we get a game as good as the '99 Grand Final

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Back to back performances that have really should what the saints are made of, we kept Brisbane scoreless for the second 40 and manly for the whole game, i think the scramble by the guys has been a key.

Also Morris, Greenshields and Naiqama's dummy half runs and kick returns are key to our good field postition and giving our forwards a brether every now and again.

I thought that two rookies down one side of the field for the finals might be risky, but morris is pure class and millard showed why the bulldogs have made a excellent signing.

Go saints, looking forward to the storm next week.

Titan First Grade Squad

very good game they should roll the storm now

Wooo go the Dragons!!

Titan First Grade Squad

should i post the rest of the videos? they are on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by zacaroo
    should i post the rest of the videos? they are on youtube.
    Just post a link mate... should do fine... then we can find the rest...

Great work doing all that, will be good for those who miss the game... thanks for all the hard work....

Titan First Grade Squad

No problems, sorry about the quality but youtube is gay with quality. They look great not on it. Here are all the clips I got of the match.

Brett Morris Try #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8qsjJiGrA
    Ben Hornby Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wYxO-iMx48
    Daryl Millard Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tmZ9M3wzrk
    Matt Cooper Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxM_MDCDFI
    Lead Up Hit to Morris Try #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC88O8j2Sf8
    Brett Morris Try #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsjJX7HyPaw

Nicely done... I think I will watch the Millard Try again... LOL.. only cause he is going to be a Bulldog in 2007...

That hit be Creagh, was sensational, he had a good game as well, his first hit up was a bust and a 50m run, then he wrapped up BK a few times with the second man pass and that hit just topped his night off.

Titan First Grade Squad

creagh or brett morris would be my men of the match nothing between them!

Nice vids!

Ben Hornby would be mine, but Morris and Creagh are unlucky to miss out...

Hornby inspires Dragons
    September 15, 2006

MAKESHIFT halfback Ben Hornby produced his best game in the position to help defeat Manly 28-0 in the NRL semi-final and propel St George Illawarra to within just one win of a grand final appearance.

The Dragons will face minor premier Melbourne in next Saturday's preliminary final at Telstra Stadium for the right to play in the grand final the following week.

The result ended the glittering career of inspirational Sea Eagles skipper Ben Kennedy on a sad note and extended the Brookvale club's winless finals streak to nine years.

With the game in the balance at 8-0 at half-time, utility Hornby scored a crucial solo try just 76 seconds after the resumption to put the result beyond doubt and raise hopes of a breakthrough premiership for the joint-venture club.

Even when regular No.7 Mathew Head was injected into the game in the second half, Hornby continued to call the shots, with his crisp passing and kicking game crucial to the outcome.

The Dragons have conceded just one try in 160 minutes of finals football after last week's impressive win against Brisbane.

It took a piece of brilliance in the 20th minute from Clint Greenshields to open the scoring, the fullback finding unmarked winger Brett Morris with a miracle overhead pass.

Back rower Matt Bickerstaff seemingly took the wrong option when he took on the defence on the last tackle, but managed to shovel the ball of to Greenshields, whose speculator found the chest of Morris despite the attention of two defenders.

The joint-venture club went further ahead via an Aaron Gorrell penalty goal seven minutes, although the 8-0 half-time advantage could have been greater if not for two contentious video referee decisions ? a disallowed 40-20 kick to five-eighth Trent Barrett and a controversial no-try decision when Morris claimed his second.

However, the setbacks didn't matter, with Hornby breaking the Sea Eagles when he wrestled past Anthony Watmough just after the break.

From there the floodgates opened, with centres Darryl Millard and Matt Cooper crossing, before Morris grabbed his second try late in the game.

AAP

Truely it was a team effort, Gorell has fitted the role of start off hooker excellently, and he should be re-signed as a impact player to give woolford a breather.

But my stand out players would be Ryles and Bailey.

Plus Sims and Creagh, the only other forwards to make plus 100meters in the game.

But the whole back line was just unreal, morris has 7 tries from 6 games now or something.

Titan First Grade Squad

thanks for the positive comments on the videos

What an outstanding performance! ! And just to think, Baz says there is still improvement to be made! Things are looking good coming into the finals... we are peaking at the right time!

One thing that I am filthy about though is the refereeing tonight! Firstly it was the disallowed 40-20, then it was what should have been Morris' 2nd try, then it was the penalty given to Manly for pushing over the sideline!