Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Cheers, for doing the rest of the teams list for me, whoever did it, i had to go to uni i thought the team lists would be released before i went, oh well.

This should be a cracker of a game, am really looking forward to it, i get a feeling gasnier will somehow play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2006Dragons
    This should be a cracker of a game, am really looking forward to it, i get a feeling gasnier will somehow play.
    I'm really looking foward to this game too. I've got tickets to the game and it should be a great night out there at Aussie with a great atmosphere as well. I've got the same feeling that gasnier will play. Manly are preparing as if he is playing. I will be suprised if Millard runs out in place of Gaz on friday night.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SaRaH...
    I'm really looking foward to this game too. I've got tickets to the game and it should be a great night out there at Aussie with a great atmosphere as well. I've got the same feeling that gasnier will play. Manly are preparing as if he is playing. I will be suprised if Millard runs out in place of Gaz on friday night.
    hope you have fun
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by SaRaH...
    Have fun , last time i went Aussie stadium i was so cold i have to buy a $20 Dragons jumper
    It was a while back though..

Injury Update

Manly's Bell doubtful to play St George
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 7:09 PM

Manly centre Steve Bell has joined St George Illawarra counterpart Mark Gasnier as a doubtful starter for Friday's sudden-death NRL semi-final, rating himself only a "50-50" chance of playing.

Bell required pain-killing injections in his foot to play in last Friday's 25-18 loss to Newcastle, with scans today confirming he had suffered stress fractures.

"It's only 50-50 at the moment so we'll have to wait and see how sore it pulls up on Thursday, see if I get through," Bell told AAP.

"The scans today showed I had a stress fracture on my foot and it's a bit sore so I hope it improves enough for me to get through."

In a further blow to Bell's chances of playing, the Queensland three-quarter was also struck down by a virus this week.

"I'm getting better, it's the foot which is the real problem," he said.

"It will be all light duties (at training), just trying to rest my foot and maybe go for a swim or something, not do too much running."

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was optimistic Bell would be passed fit to play against the Dragons.

"It hasn't troubled him and he'll be alright for Friday night," he said.

The former Kangaroo utility maintained the Dragons may have been foxing over Gasnier's hip injury, despite the fact rookie centre Daryl Millard was today named as his replacement.

"Someone asked me this question yesterday, he probably has got a genuine injury," Hasler said.

"They probably announced it early to get all the media hype out of the way.

"We'll prepare as if he is playing and take it from there, you're always some chance of playing in finals football."

Skipper Ben Kennedy added: "It's a massive game, if he's any sort of chance, I'd expect him to play."

In other team news, Newcastle coach Michael Hagan has retained Kurt Gidley at fullback for Saturday night's NRL semi-final against St George Illawarra at Telstra Stadium.

Gidley, who normally plays at five-eighth, was shifted to fullback with great success in last Friday's thrilling NRL win against Manly after David Seage suffered a season-ending knee injury early in the game.

A nice little read.
    Manly's Kite endures nervous finals wait
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 5:17 PM

As Parramatta threatened to squeeze Manly out of the finals race on Sunday afternoon, Brent Kite turned to his wife and thought 'surely it couldn't happen to me again'.

Despite finishing the season in fifth spot, the Sea Eagles' narrow loss to Newcastle on Friday night meant they would be eliminated from the finals if the Eels upset minor premiers Melbourne on Sunday.

While the Storm eventually prevailed 12-6 in a thriller, former St George Illawarra prop Kite was having flashbacks from 2004, when a series of bizarre results prematurely ended the season of the fifth-placed Dragons.

In that year, the joint-venture club lost its qualifying final 31-30 to Penrith and then watched in horror as Melbourne (sixth) upset Brisbane (third) and North Queensland (seventh) surprised the Bulldogs (second).

"The only time fifth has gone out first week was the Dragons and I played in that game," Kite said.

"I was hoping I wasn't jinxed in that way.

"Me and my wife had a little bit of a joke - I suppose I would have been the only player it would have happened to twice.

"It would have been hard to go out, we were in contention for third right up until round 26, so to go out in the first round would have been hard to take.

"We're just glad we've got this other shot."

Kite, who watched the Eels-Storm game at home on TV, feared history may repeat itself when Glenn Morrison almost scored the equaliser for the underdogs.

"I thought that may have been a try and it was getting pretty hairy, but I was trying to be a bit philosophical about it all in the end," he said.

"If we were meant to go through, we would and now we've got our shot.

"It would have been good coming into this game with a win, but that's something we need to overcome.

"We need to turn things around very quickly to get some momentum going."

Manly winger Chris Hicks said the text messages where flying between his teammates as they watched the game separately on TV.

"I was nervous, just watching it on TV," he said.

"It wasn't a very relaxing weekend at all, it was pretty stressful.

"There were a few messages thrown around, when Parramatta came back it was very stressful.

Interchange forward Kylie Leuluai said he was relieved to get a second chance.

"We could have finished the season in third and to be kicked out in the first week ... I'm blessed to be able to play again," he said.
    Source: Nrl.com.au
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semi isn't my last game: Ben Kennedy
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 5:47 PM

Manly skipper Ben Kennedy has upped the stakes by declaring Friday night's NRL semi-final clash with St George Illawarra won't be his last game of football.

Kennedy will retire at the end of the season, meaning a loss to the Dragons will end a stellar 195-game career spanning a decade and three clubs.

But the 32-year-old refused to entertain the thought of bowing out this weekend, boldly declaring the Sea Eagles could go all the way to the grand final.

"It doesn't (concern me) mate, it's not going to be my last (game)," Kennedy replied when quizzed about the possibility of finishing up this weekend.

"I'll think about my last game after my last game, hopefully that's in the grand final."

Asked if he was confident the Sea Eagles could make the October 1 decider, the former Kangaroo lock said: "You've got to be, it's a big game, we're not going out there to lose."

The bold declaration is sure to add extra spice to the sudden-death clash against a Dragons team which could also be farewelling five-eighth Trent Barrett (Wigan), prop Luke Bailey (Gold Coast) and Shaun Timmins (Castleford).

"We've come a long way in two years - three years ago we were nearly running last and last year we made the semis and now we're a good chance," Kennedy said.

"We've got expectations on ourselves to go all the way."

Kennedy said his side had learnt from the mistakes which cost them victory against Newcastle last Friday.

"The first half against the Knights was the best we've played all year," he said.

"Just a bit of immaturity cost us that game and now we get another crack and hopefully we can play to our potential in that game and win it.

"Then we are only one game away from a grand final which would be a great result.

"Dessy (coach Des Hasler) pointed out a few things in the video that should have hit home for the guys.

"If we get a few things right - nullify the penalties and mistakes - I think we can go with anyone."

The Sea Eagles have had a disrupted preparation, with centre Steve Bell rating himself only a "50-50" chance of playing after suffering a stress fracture in his foot and coming down with a virus.

Meanwhile, centre partner Steve Matai is due to appear in court on Wednesday over assault charges stemming from an alleged incident at a northern beaches hotel earlier this year.

Hasler, who spoke with referees boss Robert Finch about several contentious decisions from the loss to the Knights, said Matai was a certain starter.

"I think Steve Matai is without a doubt one of the most improved players in the competition," Hasler said.

"Certainly his aggression in (defence) and ability to make yards out of dummy half, his speed and his work there are all good attributes.

"I think we'll see him rewarded at the end of this year with a spot in the Tri-Nations for his country
    Source: Nrl.com.au

Junior Titan

Millard in for Gasnier
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 5:02 PM

St.George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown has called up rookie centre Daryl Millard and given him the big job of filling Mark Gasnier?s shoes in Friday night?s semi final against Manly at Aussie Stadium.

Gasnier was ruled out by medical staff yesterday because of a hip injury.
    Twenty one year old Millard, who has signed with the Bulldogs for next season, has played NRL 10 times this season and has 3 tries.
    The rookie says he was preparing to play Premier League again this week and the consequences of Gasnier?s injury never dawned on him.
    ?I hadn?t even thought about it until I arrived to all the media at training.
    I just have to worry about my own game and prepare for myself.?
    Millard?s inclusion is the only change to the side that beat the Broncos at Suncorp stadium with Matthew Head remaining on a six man bench.
    The rookie centre is confident he can fill the breach for Gasnier.
    ?I think that?s the good thing about this club there?s plenty of depth and there?s always somebody ready to step up if someone gets injured.?
    Millard wants to grab the opportunity with both hands.
    ?It will be good to play in semi finals football and with good players like Trent Barrett and Luke Bailey leaving it?s definitely a memorable opportunity.
    Things are clicking well at the right time of year so hopefully we can continue that.
    Manly coach Des Hasler has named the same 18 man squad he took to Newcastle to play the Knights.
    Centre Steve Bell was absent from training today because of a virus.
    soruce: AAP
    "Go the Titans"

Titan First Grade Regular

I wanted to go but unfortunately i have debts to pay off, can't go but Manly all the way.cya. :win:

Really looking forward to this clash, go the dragons.

C'Mon you good things you might saints

Well said candy, only one day to go, so excited, will be watching this game at home with my jersey on.

DRAGON 2006 premiers

FIRE UP PPLS

since cowboys arent in the running:P

Bell ruled out of semi-final
    September 14, 2006

MANLY centre Steve Bell has been ruled out of tomorrow night's sudden death NRL semi-final against St George-Illawarra with a foot injury.

The Queensland State of Origin star withdrew after meeting with club doctor Paul Bloomfield at lunch time today.

Bell has a second metatarsal fracture of the left foot but has struggled with the injury for the past two matches.

Coach Des Hasler said Bell had offered to play with the injury, but the Sea Eagles did not want to take the risk.

Hasler also suggested Bell would only be fit to return for Manly if the club made the grand final.

"The doctor doubted he could get through the game and we aren't prepared to take the risk," Hasler said.

"It is shocking luck for Belly who has had a great season.

"Hopefully we can beat the Dragons and then the Storm and have Steve back for the grand final."

Hasler said Chris Hicks would now play centre with either Mitch Creary or Paul Stephenson coming into the side on the wing.

AAP

Junior Titan

2 star centres ruled out
    "Go the Titans"

Yes big blows, but i thin kgasnier is still a 50/50 chance even though millard is in.